PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What do the Bruins..er. I mean Patriots do next

Status
Not open for further replies.
R_T26 said:
sorry low blow
You felt the need to start a new thread just to get that of your chest?
At least one good thing will come out of all these changes. The bandwagoners will start to jump off. Good riddance I say.

You really are a dumb#ss. Why don't you put us all out of your misery and review the DVDs of the last 3 Pats championships? You are such a typical bandwagon know-nothing moron that I haven't been responding to your asinine, ridiculous posts, but this slander won't stand. Grow up.

I love the Patriots. They are nothing like the Bruins. Good will come from this. It is probably the toughest pill to swallow yet, but I predict good will come.

At least we didn't trade Brady for a mediocre QB and a draft pick. That's what the Bruins would have done.

Guys...it was a joke. Dont take things so seriously.

Trot said:
You really are a dumb#ss. Why don't you put us all out of your misery and review the DVDs of the last 3 Pats championships? You are such a typical bandwagon know-nothing moron that I haven't been responding to your asinine, ridiculous posts, but this slander won't stand. Grow up.

I can see the Bruins analogy, to be honest. Its not the classic "Bruins wont' sign anyone", but the "Bruins don't sign the right guy". The Bruins let guys like Mike Knuble Michael Nylander walk while signing waste like Brian Leetch and Alexi Zhamnov.

If the Pats let Dwight, Vinascumbag, McGinest, and Givens walk and sign a bunch of busts, then this team is going to be 8-8 for a while. You want this "In Bill We Trust" foolishness to be true? Let's see what the Genius does now.

R_T26 said:
Guys...it was a joke. Dont take things so seriously.
Sorry! but it was right in line with almost all the other posts that I have read from you so I figured that you were being serious.
The first sentence in my reponse still stands?
Allso! Don't quit your day job!

Jacky Roberts said:
I can see the Bruins analogy, to be honest. Its not the classic "Bruins wont' sign anyone", but the "Bruins don't sign the right guy". The Bruins let guys like Mike Knuble Michael Nylander walk while signing waste like Brian Leetch and Alexi Zhamnov.

If the Pats let Dwight, Vinascumbag, McGinest, and Givens walk and sign a bunch of busts, then this team is going to be 8-8 for a while. You want this "In Bill We Trust" foolishness to be true? Let's see what the Genius does now.
Here's the thing that does worry me..BB and S/P have proven they are capable of HUGE offseasons in the past...BUT...look at the total offseason bust that was last year...Beisel,Brown,Starks, Davis(not offseason but still) it could go either way, and w/o three coordinators which have been lost I guess we will finally see if BB is in fact a genious, or just caught lightning in a bottle...

Jacky Roberts said:

And how exactly did they manage to win 3 SB if they sign FA's like the bruins?
Untill they go out and sign all those busts and stink it up for the nest 30 years then making any Bruins to Pats analogy is borderline ******ed.

Odlirama said:
Sorry! but it was right in line with almost all the other posts that I have read from you so I figured that you were being serious.
The first sentence in my reponse still stands?
Allso! Don't quit your day job!

Look Im not a naysayer. I've seen players leave before and didnt panic. but whats happening this offseasin is disheartening. I see things for what they are, and Im honest to myself as a fan. But too many people here think every FA signing can be like Patten and Vrabel or a draft pick can replace a starter. Its not that easy. Players are not taking paycuts to play for the Pats anymore, people need to realize that. I know there is a lot of time left but this does not look good so far. I hope i can say i was wrong by the time the season ends.

KDPpatsfan said:
it could go either way, and w/o three coordinators which have been lost I guess we will finally see if BB is in fact a genious, or just caught lightning in a bottle...
Caught lightning in a bottle?
3 times?
Damn that is some good Lightning catching?
Who needs to be smart when you can catch lightning in a bottle 3 times out of 4.

Odlirama said:
And how exactly did they manage to win 3 SB if they sign FA's like the bruins?
Untill they go out and sign all those busts and stink it up for the nest 30 years then making any Bruins to Pats analogy is borderline ******ed.

The Bruins simply don't have a player the quality of Brady. I'm looking at the B's of last summer, not under the Sinden regime. They had the money, let their quality guys walk, and signed a bunch of busts. This is what I"m talking about.

ps- Any one on this board know how to kick a FG? If so, head to Foxboro.

BB was the DC of the Giants for both SB's, went to the Pats in 96 for one season and they went to the SB, his D got to the 98 AFCCG with the Jets, and won 3 SB's with the Pats, thats too much success to be called a fluke.

Jacky Roberts said:
The Bruins simply don't have a player the quality of Brady. I'm looking at the B's of last summer, not under the Sinden regime. They had the money, let their quality guys walk, and signed a bunch of busts. This is what I"m talking about.

ps- Any one on this board know how to kick a FG? If so, head to Foxboro.
The Bruins do that consistently. Offseason after offseson. Where have you seen the Pats do that?
Do they get it right every offseason?
No!
Should they be mentioned in the same sentence as the Bruins in that regards?
Hell, no!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey