Welcome to PatsFans.com

What Do Our New Receivers Learn in March-May?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by shakadave, May 1, 2007.

1. shakadave

shakadave Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

What do the Welkers, Stallworths, even Mosses accomplish in the springtime (specifically) in terms of studying the playbook, having Brady throw to them, working with coaches? I'm wondering if this 2007 crew will be a step or two ahead of Caldwell and Gaffney last year, just by virtue of being acquired earlier in the year.
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +506 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

They should be about where Caldwell was - way ahead of Gaffney who signed after the season started but Caldwell was already signed this time last year.
  3. zippo59

zippo59 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Last year Caldwell and Brown were the only receivers we had during training camp. That should make a huge difference, not to mention we have more talent.
  4. marty

marty Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Having them on board at this time will make a huge difference. At the Aug training camp I went to there was just Reche, Troy, Kight, and Bam, if I remember correctly. Doug Gabriel wasn't there yet. Glad to see the pendulum swing in the other direction for Tom!
  5. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +159 / 3 / -1

Getting to the point where TB can throw to them blindfolded...where they are anticipating what TB will do and TB can anticipate where they will be...it's hard to get this down with one receiver, let alone three or more. I think there's going to be a significant period of adjustment before this works the way everyone hopes/expects it will. And, we have a few tough games to start the season when things won't be humming yet.