Welcome to PatsFans.com

What Do Bush-Rove, Abramoff, and Tyco have in common?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by All_Around_Brown, Jan 27, 2006.

1. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

2. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Total leftwing bullsh*t!--How many Democrat senators do thier utmost to avoid paying taxes? You act like only republicans do that. What BS.

Do you require "documented proof"? Well here it is:

Peter Schweizer, author of Do As I Say (Not As I Do): Profiles in Liberal Hypocrisy (New York: Doubleday, 2005 -- ISBN: 0-385-51349-6), devoted an entire chapter (Chapter 4: Ted Kennedy: Environmental Rapist, Tax Cheat, and Oil Profiteer) to the shenanigans of the Kennedy clan, with specific attention paid to the Senatorial windbag of the sanctimonious American Left. Since there are so many examples from which to select, it is difficult to choose the most galling case of Kennedy-like arrogance. However, among the more egregious is the Kennedy clan’s successful evasion of inheritance taxes, an evasion that contradicts the Senator’s political posturing and rhetoric.

http://www.michaelcalderonscall.com/Page16.html
  3. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I added a few points to the original quote.
  4. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Just because Kennedy is a cheat (and he is), doesn't make it OK. He needs to go down with the rest of those bastards raping us in Washington.
  5. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

All I'm saying is that this will sting when it comes to the fore. Because people hate Tyco and Koslowski almost as much as they hate Ken Lay and Enron. They are all part of the same problem...our government has been bought by con artists and tax evaders. Bush and his rubber stamp congress is for sale...you just need a few million to talk to them.

And they are getting away with it while the chumps foot the bill for their glorious imperial goals. Military stressed, broken? Joe Public pays the bill while these Cayman Island scumbag CEOs chuckle, and avoid sacrifice.

Once again, the burden of liberty is paid for by those that can least afford it and cheated by those who have no loyalty to the USA, other than the yankee dollar. That is your GOP.

And this is just another example of corruption that continues, uninvestigated, by this GOP majority- because many of them are right in the middle of the Abramoff-model of cheating the average Joe.
  6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

That is also your Democratic party, who have done the same thing with corrupt lobbyists just as much as the GOP.

I think you're mistaken saying that people hate Tyco and Koslowski. 95% have no idea who they are. 95% of the 5% have no interest in the corruption at these high levels, and the pigs at the trough know it. They must have champagne blowing through their noses when they see news stories about their treason. They could give a sh-t, just like most decent Americans who are too busy paying bills and getting therapy.
  7. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

You might be right. But I have yet to see anything that compares to todays K- Street corruption. If you are aware of it, please inform me.

Yup. Can't argue with that. But its not just the fact that people are too busy, its more that people are too effing fat and lazy to want to learn whats being done in their name. Thats why the media has to dumb it down for the chuckleheads and is also why the GOP knows they benefit from gutting education - don't want too many free thinkers among us, they might actually be intellectually curious enough to inquire, rather than take their spin medicine form Rush and Ann Coulter.

Again, it may be for lack of age (middle age), but I haven't seen a reasonable comparison to the dumbing down of america from the dems, nor the equivalent level of corruption. If theres a historic equivalent, I'm here to learn.

Seriously though, has there been anything as flagrant as what we're seeing today?? http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11064549/ Here's the latest -- payola in FEMA.
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2006
  8. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I operate on the assumption thatbecause both parties receive campaign funding in equal measure, often from the same interests (tobacco) in the same proportion, It doesn't matter if the GOP gets more from oil co.'s or dems get more from insurance co's...whatever. The point is they are all prone to corruption in equal measure.

I agree that the present group is the least bashful and secretive of their shemes that we've seen in a long time, but Johnson was pretty bad in the 60's and Clinton was in bed with the health insurance co's and doctors and lawyers during his tenure. They just didn't flaunt it the way these guys do.

My biggest disappointment, again, is how the people fail to react to these evil bastids. I constantly hear the ground rumbling from our great ancestors rolling over in their graves, like Washington and Ike.
  9. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I gotcha. And I feel the sacred ground rumblings too.