PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What did we learn from the Colts/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunnails

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
1. A franchise QB can overcome an average defense and lead you to a division championship.

2. Just because your defense is ranked near the bottom of the league in reg season means nothing in the playoffs.

3. You can have a great regular season and stink in a couple of playoff games if your defense rises to the ocasion to compensate.

4. Against the Colts a 21 point lead is not enough to win.

5. If you have a franchise QB invest in an OL to protect him at all costs.

6. You can let your star running back go if you have a franchise QB. (James is probably shaking his head he missed his chance for a ring)

With Whisenhunt coaching the Cards next year, Edgerrin's ring is a lock.

BAHAHAHAHA

Here's a question, will the Cardinals ever win a SB?

You cannot win them all. Indianapolis played a helluva second half and I hope they win the Super Bowl so they can say they got theirs. Then again my 102 year old grandfather is a life long Bears fan so I cannot root against the Bears on February 4, 2007. Super Bowl XLI is irrelevant to me.

With Whisenhunt coaching the Cards next year, Edgerrin's ring is a lock.

BAHAHAHAHA

Here's a question, will the Cardinals ever win a SB?

A better question. Will the Card's ever have a WINNING season? :bricks:

1. A franchise QB can overcome an average defense and lead you to a division championship.

2. Just because your defense is ranked near the bottom of the league in reg season means nothing in the playoffs.

3. You can have a great regular season and stink in a couple of playoff games if your defense rises to the ocasion to compensate.

4. Against the Colts a 21 point lead is not enough to win.

5. If you have a franchise QB invest in an OL to protect him at all costs.

6. You can let your star running back go if you have a franchise QB. (James is probably shaking his head he missed his chance for a ring)

1) Much like the Steelers of last year, just because something happens once does not mean that it becomes any more probable in the future. It was never an impossibility in the past. And it will still be a longshot in the future.

2) Only when you face a bad or poorly coached offense. The D you saw against NE was the same crew on the field in the other games.

4) If NE had a 21 point lead they would have won.

5) I agree with this one.

I am happy for the Colts. But that doesn't change the fact that NE had to make some key, unforced mistakes to allow Indy back into that game. IN addition to that, Indy deserves credit for taking advantage of NE's collapsing D, but understand that the D that was on the field represented NE's season long defense in uniform only.

Again, the Colts won fair and square. It isn't their fault that NE was empty in the second half and they did a good job of exploiting it. But it will be a long time before circumstances converge to again allow as unbalanced a team as Indy is to make it to the SB.

1) Much like the Steelers of last year, just because something happens once does not mean that it becomes any more probable in the future. It was never an impossibility in the past. And it will still be a longshot in the future.

2) Only when you face a bad or poorly coached offense. The D you saw against NE was the same crew on the field in the other games.

4) If NE had a 21 point lead they would have won.

5) I agree with this one.

I am happy for the Colts. But that doesn't change the fact that NE had to make some key, unforced mistakes to allow Indy back into that game. IN addition to that, Indy deserves credit for taking advantage of NE's collapsing D, but understand that the D that was on the field represented NE's season long defense in uniform only.

Again, the Colts won fair and square. It isn't their fault that NE was empty in the second half and they did a good job of exploiting it. But it will be a long time before circumstances converge to again allow as unbalanced a team as Indy is to make it to the SB.

Well stated and DEAD ON accurate

Colts taught me:

Win a couple more regular season games, earn HF advantage and a bit more rest between post season games.

Made the difference.

Colts taught me:

Win a couple more regular season games, earn HF advantage and a bit more rest between post season games.

Made the difference.

Totally agree, need the HF and advantage of more rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing