Welcome to PatsFans.com

What did she say???

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Outside of the usual laundry list of platitudes of "we need change, we REALLY need change, big time!! I mean to tell you, WE NEED CHANGE!! CHANGE!! CHANGE!! Did I tell you that we need CHANGE???", the only two concrete points that Kathleen Sebilius, the Democrat responder to President Bush's State of the Union, mentioned were: socialized medicine for "the kids" and "we need to go green". Oh, and by the way, "if we don't CHANGE (to the Dem plan) immediately, we're all gonna die tomorrow."

1. Socialized medicine for "the children": whatever happened to parental responsibility?? Are parents not responsible for the children they bring into this world?? Is the sense of responsibility for one's actions completely dead in the Democrat Party??? Is Big Brother, or Auntie Government, supposed to take care of us now?? Oh, and who FUNDS the government, by the way??? Those who actually work. If the Dem outlook is taken seriously, then it's hello "Brave New World" and goodbye life of dignity and self-respect.

2. Going "green": of course we all need to work for a cleaner earth -- cleaner air, cleaner rivers, lakes, and oceans, a cleaner earth; yet, at what cost??? To blindly follow what some of these unnecessarily SELF-crippling Kyoto-type measures would do PRIMARILY to the U.S., while leaving other major polluters (China, Russia, India, Brazil) completely free to continue THEIR pollution, as they build up their industrial and military capabilities, is simply suicidal.

Yet again, the Democrat response to whichever Republican happens to be in the White House is simply to go off into the dangerous la-la land of asking others (Big Brother/Auntie Government) to do our own personal responsibility and, in the case of the AlGore-type green frenzy, self-cripple while others laugh and pollute the earth even more.

In other words, the Democrat response is, in effect: "America is not worthy to lead the world anymore (if it ever was), and we're happy to follow the lead of others, be it China, Russia, or India, even Hugo Chavez; anybody BUT the U.S."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/28/dems.response/index.html

//
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -26

Did you note that George mentioned Bin Laden only once???
  3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

If the Democrats had anything less to bring to the table they would get charged admission to speak in public.

What a hollow disgrace to the former working-class party. It's now become the "entitlement class" party: gimme, gimme, gimme. "I don't want to work; just gimme. You 'owe' me."

Pathetic.

//
  4. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I found her refrain of "join us, let's get to work" to get pretty old after the first time or two. Not a strong effort I thought.
  5. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

And yet, all over the news, you see how she is "on everybody's short list for vice president"!! Speaks volumes of where the Dem party is at: without one single clue. Not even one. They have learned nothing since Clinton, nothing since Jimmy Carter. Zero.

//
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2008
  6. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -26

Amazing how intelligent the Republican Party has become?? They have not done a whole lot of learning either.
  7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

BIN LADIN!
  8. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

So the children should pay for their irresponsible parents? What a wonderful line of thinking.
  9. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

i'm starting to think that Fog is actually a Colbert-like persona, and he's playing us all...
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  10. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

We need [size=+5] Change!!! Change!!! Change!!!![/size]

:yeahthat:

//
  11. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -26

Yea we do, did you ever notice the big print guys.. what does that symbolize??
  12. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

[size=+7] McCain in 2008!!![/size]

//
  13. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -26

You answered my question..
  14. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Good!!!

:singing:

//
  15. mtbykr

mtbykr Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#37 Jersey

The line needs to be drawn somewhere, if you start giving them health insurance theirs no incentive for their parents to go out and better their situation. They are just saying 'the children' because that draws an emotional response, if they said their fat lazy parents...it wouldn't get the desired reaction.

So their parents aren't doing their job as parents, pretty soon the dems will be asking for the taxpayer to pay for: a better place to live, more food, free tv, ect.... where will it end? The dems are starting here becuase it's a good emotional hot topic....we need to give the parent the situation and opportunity to provide for their family, not the government provide for their family.

In this country we are provided life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.....nothing more!
  16. scott c

scott c Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Sure....then they will get Rolls Royce cars as a side bonus....and a posh penthouse apartment....If we can look after other countries we should be able to help out the needy in our own country.....I sure hope you never need any help or have a tragedy.Karma will take care of selfish people like yourself....I have learned in life you tend to get what you put in,but somtimes it doesnt always work out that way....
  17. jack

jack Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

We do know when reagan cut funding for mental health care it led to an epidemic homeless crisis and 200.000 U.S Vets homeless in america....

He's saying if we help the troops will have to buy them rolls royces and posh penthouses?
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  18. scott c

scott c Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

NO,thats my attempt at sarcasm....:D
  19. Stan Musial Jr.

Stan Musial Jr. Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I wonder sometimes
  20. Stan Musial Jr.