Welcome to PatsFans.com

What did Hillary mean?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by otis p. driftwood, May 23, 2008.

?

What Did Hillary Mean?

Poll closed May 25, 2008.
  1. She was trying to play on the fear of assassination.

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. She's just not a very smooth person and was just talking.

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Who cares? It's Hillary Clinton.

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I'm curious what you guys think about what HRC said, and the reaction.

2. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

Well I'd say that settles it:D

3. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Just for the record, she said much the same thing back in March. So her "thinking about the Kennedy's" riff is now out the window. So I had to pick A.
    I can't believe she'd do it...but there it is.

4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +487 / 20 / -17

I think the most alarming thing is how the media (including liberal pundits) are playing it up. It was a stupid comment by her, but both the context and the news organization that interviewed her made it clear that she was citing Bobby Kennedy (whose Senate seat she has) and her husband as examples of candidates who continued their campaigns into June. At any rate, if this helps push her out of the race, I'll be glad she made the comment.

5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +983 / 2 / -9

Pant Suits suppoters are going nuts, saying the media is going to far and that what Hillary said is just "silly".

WHEN GW BUSH SAYS SOMETHING "SILLY" IT IS FRONT PAGE NEWS FOR 6 MONTHS.

So long Hillary, all the phony's that claimed you were their Joan Of Ark have dumped you like a bag of dog sh!t.

Dear Hillary,
    Remember when Queen Oprah said she "Loved" you just like family-----:singing:

6. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

See, Patters, that's what I thought at first, then I found she'd said the same thing back in March, so her "I was thinking of the Kennedy's because of Ted" excuse doesn't fly.
    And also, that year Bill's race was effectively over much earlier, as the only real competition (Tsongas) dropped out.

7. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +487 / 20 / -17

Well, I'm not defending her rationale for staying in the race, but she obviously needs one even if there's not a good one! As far as her comment goes, I can't see how it could be anything other than a stupid mistake. How could it possibly benefit her? It actually even complicates things for her in the event Obama is assassinated, and I hardly think it increases the likelihood that there will be attempts on his life. I think that every presidential candidate has to contend with that, and a Republican administration already on the outs with minorities I would hope is especially on guard with regard to this. Also, I think this could push Obama into announcing his VP choice sooner, so that if something does happen to him, the delegates would have an alternative to Clinton.

8. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

As FBN mentioned, she sometimes uses subliminal messages. Whether this was a gaffe or an un/conscious message, nobody knows for sure. It does however void her 2:AM phone call advertisement. Many of the pundits excused her due to her exhaustion, and I've got to believe there would be many days of that in the Oval Office (not that she'll be sitting there). OTH, Keith Olbermann went on a rant and slammed her big time, so much so that I think he got a little red in the face (I know, I know, we don't like him). Eugene Washington also was not buying into the exhaustion excuse and was outraged.
    I think its over for her, not only as a nominee, which she really didn't have a chance, but also as any consideration as VP. Next week, watch for Obama to pick up a slew of super delegates.

9. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +514 / 49 / -7

#75 Jersey

I think that she already hired people to go and kill Obama, and is just waiting for "it" to happen.

No, just kidding, no way a Clinton would do something like that

10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +983 / 2 / -9

Does Her Highness Princess Michelle Have A Cat