PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What David Really Wants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats67

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
"Being a 1 is important to me"

sorry for the duplication - Miguel was posting the same thing at the same time.

I do think the above line needs to be considered as this is debated. What would you have the Patriots do about David's desire to be a '1'?

Last edited:
Probably let David know that Deion only became "#1" because a) he got open and b) he caught the ball. I think it's been demonstrated time and again that Brady will throw to many different WR's. If he wanted to become #1 he should have made himself a good target more often.

There is nothing that the Pats could do.

There are 2 possibilities.
Givens thinks that he is a 1 and the Pats think that he is not
Givens and the Pats think that Givens is a 1 but the Pats do not want to pay 2 #1s.

Either way, I see no compelling reason for the Pats to change the MO that has helped win 3 of the past 5 Super Bowls,

I think David will quickly realize that life as a "1" will be much harder since he will have to matchup with opposing D's best corners. Good luck with that Titans #89.

Last edited:
Miguel said:
There is nothing that the Pats could do.

There are 2 possibilities.
Givens thinks that he is a 1 and the Pats think that he is not
Givens and the Pats think that Givens is a 1 but the Pats do not want to pay 2 #1s.

Either way, I see no compelling reason for the Pats to change the MO that has helped win 3 of the past 5 Super Bowls,
And that is exactly what I was driving at. Thanks.

Pats67 said:
"Being a 1 is important to me"

sorry for the duplication - Miguel was posting the same thing at the same time.

I do think the above line needs to be considered as this is debated. What would you have the Patriots do about David's desire to be a '1'?
Number one, number shmun. Hey David, there were Rice and Taylor, Duper and Clayton, Lavelli and Speedie, Hirsch and Fears (the last two pairs going way back). Just get your a** open and you can be a 1a.

Well the beat writers have been hinting at a philosophy difference between the two sides for awhile now, and now we see what it was. Its not football, but role. If he thinks hes a 1 then goodbye David, it was great while you were here.

A great football poster from another board submits the following:

If they've already agreed on money, and Givens is "leaning toward" Tennessee, then why isn't he signed yet? That's what I find curious about it. I think it gives us hope that he really doesn't want to go there--he'd rather stay in New England at a competitive price.

I think that's a question well worth considering. Was that article really all about negotiating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes