PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What could have been - Shaugnessey style

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgssand

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I can't stand the guy, but, on the morning of the NFL 2008 opener, he writes some funny stuff - read it and weep.

"The world champion, greatest-ever Patriots would be playing at home tonight against the San Diego Chargers at Gillette. Traffic would already be backing up on Route 1 and you'd be icing your cooler and slapping some mayo on cold-cut sandwiches for a late-afternoon, four-hour tailgate."

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2008/09/04/this_was_the_greatest/

I can't stand the guy, but, on the morning of the NFL 2008 opener, he writes some funny stuff - read it and weep.

"The world champion, greatest-ever Patriots would be playing at home tonight against the San Diego Chargers at Gillette. Traffic would already be backing up on Route 1 and you'd be icing your cooler and slapping some mayo on cold-cut sandwiches for a late-afternoon, four-hour tailgate."

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2008/09/04/this_was_the_greatest/
really stupid thing to write , you could do that about anything in life, tells you something about shaunnesy that hes slapping mayo on cold cut sandwiches at a tail gate , yuk ! more like steak and lobster tails for me

Shaugnessey's thought process is to sit around and think of things to write that will make New Englanders sad, angry or whatever negative reaction he can induce.

And today he couldn't resist reminding us not only that we lost, but also the elation that we missed out on. This guy is truly a douche.

Last edited:
I absolutely hate anything that Mr. Shaugnessey writes on the Pats and have stopped reading his football 'columns' more than two years ago.

Why in the frigging world would the Globe allow these so called expert sports writers write about the Pats when they have proved that they have pathetic knowledge about football and the Pats?

So please, as a true Pats fan, try to avoid clicking on Mr. Shaugnessey's column on anything to do with the Pats.

Last edited:
I absolutely hate anything that Mr. Shaugnessey writes on the Pats and have stopped reading his football 'columns' more than two years ago.

Why in the frigging world would the Globe allow these so called expert sports writers write about the Pats when they have proved that they have pathetic knowledge about football and the Pats?

So please, as a true Pats fan, try to avoid clicking on Mr. Shaugnessey's column on anything to do with the Pats.

I know, I know - yet, the self masochist inside me go the better of me.

I just couldn't;t help thinking what a grand banner day this could have been.

OK that's it.... D-O-N-E.

I PROMISE, this is the last time I will talk about last year (until we win in Tampa in Feb.), today is it, on the day of the satrt of THIS year.

Why stop there? I stopped reading anything written by him 5 years ago.

I usually don't like what he writes but I found this article to be entertaining. Yes it hurts but a lot of what he says is true. I liked the part of where he says David Tyree would be harder to find than Whitey Bulger.

Another nugget is the game wouldn't be against the Chargers. Maybe they would've puller in the fish or something, but he whole predetermined schedule thing comes into play there.

Another nugget is the game wouldn't be against the Chargers. Maybe they would've puller in the fish or something, but he whole predetermined schedule thing comes into play there.

Yeah, that's true. They're not going to flip the Chargers and make 'em come up to Foxboro (much as I'd like that to happen :)). FWIW, I'm somewhat surprised that they went with Gnats-Redskins for the opener; that game would be a pretty good draw anyways, so why "waste" it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes