PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What concerns you most about the Giants?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What concerns you most about the Giants

• An improved Eli over the last few weeks...

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • An elite receiver in Plaxico Burress capable of big plays...

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • A two-headed running game in Jacobs and Bradshaw...

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • The Giants pass-rush...

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Dom Hixson on kick returns and giving the Giants field position...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Giants karma...

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoePats

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Pats biggest problem of Sunday?

Beating ourselves is really my only fear. I really think the super bowl has nothing to do with the giants. If we execute we win period.

Probably their pass rush. Not worried that our protection will break down, but I know that their pass rush is good enough to disrupt our entire offense if protection did struggle.

I said Burress...The only way I see the Giants capable of scoring enough points to win this game is if Burress goes off. Someone noted in another thread that Eli was 11-13 throwing to Burress last time but only 10-27 throwing to everyone else.

Last edited:
nothing:rocker:

Their pass rush is really the area that poses much of a challenge.

I hate to sound exceedingly arrogant, but nothing about the Giants worries me.
I see alomst zero chance of us losing. Ive considered the matchups, the possiblities, what can go right or wrong, and the only thing that I can causing us to lose is if we do something I have no reason to believe is possible. Something like 4-5 turnovers, or sacked 10 times, or allowing 3 s/t TDs or something like that.
I guess its always possible, but honestly if these teams played 100 times, I would expect the Pats to win 99.

None of the above worries me.

The Pats have this game if they still cool. The only way I see any chance of the Giants winning is if the Pats kill themselves with stupid plays, turnovers and penalties.

Obviously after watching the season I am not too concerned as none of the above have seriously plagued them this season.

I'm concerned with all the Giants players wearing the same outfit at gametime as a sign of unity.

I don't think the Pats can match that...

Strahan and Usi can single handedly throw off our offense and disrupt Brady.
If that happens, we need to run at them, if they stop the run, then we need to do something else.

I fully expect three step drops out of the gates to negate the pass rush, also things like wr/rb dump off passes/screens to negate the giants DEs
either way, you don't want to allow strahan and usi to pin their ears back and let loose

All it takes is a blown coverage and Plexiglass is in the endzone. Brady is the best in the business dealing under pressure and besides, in the last matchup the Giants sacked him a grand total of one time.

Plexiglass Furnace vs. Hobbs concerns me.

Turnovers. If we are solid with the ball like we have been almost all year, the rest should come pretty easy.

This game doesn't seem that hard to figure to me. Maybe I oversimplify, but I don't see a blow out.

The Giants are going to be able to move the ball and get points. Hopefully, we'll limit them to field goals, but I don't think we'll be as good at that as we were against the Chargers. I believe those who say something has "clicked" with Manning, and I don't expect a return of the old Eli. I hope for it, but I certainly don't expect it. They are going to get Plaxico isolated on Hobbs, and they are going to have a decent run/pass mix. They are going to score points.

I think the significant question in this game will be how their defense plays against our offense. No matter how one looks at it, there is going to be an advantage available for our offense somewhere on the field on pretty much every play.

The game, then, comes down to two very simple questions: (1) To win this game, the Giants will need to disguise their defenses. Can our coaching staff and QB figure out what they are doing in this regard and address it on the fly? (2) Is Tom Brady going to have enough time to find the mismatch?

I don't know the answer to those questions, and I think they will decide the game. What I do know is that there is no coach or staff I would rather have in the NFL trying to work on number 1. And there is no QB -- perhaps in the history of the game (at least as long as I've been watching) -- that I would rather have working on issue number 2. The offensive line has to hold up its end of the deal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey