PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What compromise can you live with if the Pats are able to negotiate with the NFL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

old 55

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I know many of us feel that full vindication is the only fair solution, but to be realistic, any backroom discussions will have to involve an opportunity for the NFL to save face. Clearing the Pats completely is justifled, but unlikely.

Would you be happy with a smaller fine, but return of the draft picks?
Could you live with return of the 1st only?

I'm not going to be happy with a compromise since I don't think any punishment is warranted, but to me, my minimum squeal point is return of the 1st round pick. Anything short of that isn't worth doing and I'd rather go full scorched earth against Roger.

I'm not including Brady in this because I think that will go to court and will be another NFL PA win.

Thoughts?

At this point I want full exoneration. They levied those penalties with no evidence of wrong doing. But taking that 1st rounder really pisses me off.

I would be happy with a removal of Brady's suspension, fines and a late round pick for non-cooperation

I am wondering why compromise. How can you be not guilty and take a punishment?
Why would the league insist on a token punishment, thereby leaving a stain on one of its teams?
When did the league forget that it is made up of its teams and fighting them publicly is cutting its own throat?
I just don't get why the league is trying to fight a PR campaign as if the Patriots are their enemy.

Brady suspension is wiped out, and we get our 1st Rd pick back.

They can keep the fine and the 4th.

Brady's suspension lifted, the draft picks back, and a formal apology by the league to the Patriots in front of a scheduled press conference. They can keep the fine intact for all I care.

Some bucks and a 5th round pick. Its GFY anymore than that.

I'm only accepting the fine because it's not going to harm Kraft's pocket.

Brady suspension should be reverted and the picks returned, including the 4th round pick, no change for the homeless guy this time.

No compromise. If they compromise, then they are compromising all their success, their championships, and their integrity. I would rather see them go down fighting and receive the full punishments than compromise.

I agree with many of the above that a compromise implies they did something wrong. If they did nothing wrong then why compromise? If, as they the Pats believe, the report is faulty in its findings and proves nothing then I wouldn't compromise.

we get: no fine, no loss of picks, no suspension, an apology for NFL leaks, the firing of the NFL leaker, a statement saying that we did nothing wrong

Goodell gets: to stay gainfully employed, for now (you've got to give them something, unfortunately)

Return of both picks, drop the fine to $25k, removal of the suspension from brady, and apology for letting this get out of control, firing of Kensil and Blandino. A public outing of the people making the leaks, those (nfl sources) and those people being fired, in the case of the Colts leaks, those people should be fined and suspended for trying to ruin the integrity of the league.

Then The league should send out a memo explaining that unforeseen scientific facts have resulted in new rules coming down the pipe line regarding control and regulation of ball psi to account for weather factors.

Why keep the $25k fine? because science or not, the balls were below 12.5 when they were measured. the rule is outdated, but technically the patriots "broke it" minimum fine, and rule changes in the future.

I can live (not be happy with, just live with) the fine with a clear and indisputable explanation that there was no wrongdoing but the fine is for "improper game ball control procedures" like the bathroom trip with the footballs. And of course a complete lifting of Brady's suspension.

Anything else is unacceptable. Let's hope the league does the right thing for once.

Compromising is admitting some kind of guilt. Why is even Robert Kraft even talking to Goodell again ? . I guess that our friendship is dead was BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes