PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

what changes would you do to the NFL if you could

Status
Not open for further replies.
They need a salary structure for players selected in the draft. These players holding out is not helping the NFL, the fans, nor themselves.

I would put a stop to fans being robbed of home games. No more regular season games played outside of the U.S.

Games outside of the U.S. would be pre-season or HOF games only, not regular season games.

1.) Two levels of "roughing the QB" penalties, a 5 yard penalty and a 15 yard penalty

2.) Time outs can not be granted to the defense when both teams line up in field goal formation.

Get rid os the Jets, Giants and Indy:D

(1). Cut the preseason to two games and two controlled scrimmages.

(2). Make pass interference reviewable by an official in broadcast booth.

(3). Limit regular-season night games to a maximum three per team.

(4). NO regular-season/post-season games outside the U.S.

(5). Term limits on the competition committee.

(6). Do away with the Pro Bowl game, make it an awards ceremony instead.

(7). Dress and play 50 players per game instead of 45.

Ban the "fake spike" although not used often, a fake spike is a clear advantage for the offense. A spike is technically, intentional grounding, but is allowed for the stop the clock factor, to "fake spike" you are gaining an unfair advantage. It should be a delay of game penalty to fake spike.

Allow O-line men to get hit the back of the head with the football. I mean, yeah, it happens sometimes and shouldn't be a penalty. I hate seeing a ball bounce off the back of the head of a tackle on a screen pass and then see a yellow flag for "illegal touching". The play was a freaking bust, why get penalized as well?

Also, pass interference, needs a "major" spot of the foul or "minor" 15 yard difference. I mean if a guy is clearly beat and he tackles the receiver, spot of the foul, if two guys go up or are hand checking or are playing for the ball, and the d-back gets there a little early, 15 yards. The Deep ball "pray for pass interference play" drives me crazy. I hate that. Chuck it up and see if you can get the penalty, that's garbage play.

Also like the increase of a roster to 50 on game day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back