PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What Can The Team Do RE: Officiating

Status
Not open for further replies.

jays52

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
A question to those of you who have better league knowledge than I. It's a fairly common sentiment that the officiating was atrocious and biased. Is there anything that the patriots can do to bring this to attention within the league. As much as I hate to act like this, there must be something we can do to offset the blatant influence Polian and Dungy have over the officials. Anyone have some suggestions or potential courses of action?

Last edited:
A question to those of you who have better league knowledge than I. It's a fairly common sentiment that the officiating was atrocious and biased. Is there anything that the patriots can do to bring this to attention within the league. As much as I hate to act like this, there must be something we can do to offset the blatant influence Polian and Dungy have over the officials. Anyone have some suggestions or potential courses of action?

All pats fans wear ref jersey's to games?

don't think there is much you can do

My understanding of the situation is that the league will review and grade the job done by the entire crew (as usual) this week. There is on occasion, a league issued apology about certain calls but more than likely, the league will defend the refs calls.

However, the Patriots can and probably will issue a complaint about certain plays, but the point will only to bring the issue to the attention of the league.

Nothing will be done about any call made this week is the eventual ending.

It is not a matter of this game; its a matter of some other team not getting robbed in the future by a similar NFL embarrassment. Could a petition or something similar from around the country/world make any difference? Or do you have to be part of the competition committee to make any difference on something like this?

My understanding of the situation is that the league will review and grade the job done by the entire crew (as usual) this week. There is on occasion, a league issued apology about certain calls but more than likely, the league will defend the refs calls.

However, the Patriots can and probably will issue a complaint about certain plays, but the point will only to bring the issue to the attention of the league.

Nothing will be done about any call made this week is the eventual ending.

pats wont do any complaint to the league . BB said last yr he hasnt sent anything to the league in many many yrs. on the other hand, if it was the colts ,polian would be screaming at the nfl offices.

Do what Polian does, whine your head off to the league. Send them tapes, make them aware of certain things the Colts do to gain an edge (you know, for example, that they made the refs aware that Moss liked to push off) so that the officials become extra wary and call those phantom calls.

The problem is that we don't want to turn into a whiney little beeotch like Polian.

Do what Polian does, whine your head off to the league. Send them tapes, make them aware of certain things the Colts do to gain an edge (you know, for example, that they made the refs aware that Moss liked to push off) so that the officials become extra wary and call those phantom calls.

I know...it's such a f*ggoty way to win games, and such a ***** thing to do. It's just that Polian and Dungy have become so out of controll in their influence of officials that something must be done. To me, this is not an issue of Colts/Pats, this is an issue of the integrity of the game versus title 9'ing your way to a W. I have five nephews who are currently in pop warner, and as lame as it is to say this, I hope they realize that this is not the way football is meant to be played. It transcends Colts/Pats and goes into the preservation of the integrity of the game.

For us fans, I think that emailing the nfl and nfl network this week would be an appropriate start.

I think we all should let the nfl know that we are pretty damn sick and tired of this constant one sided officiating that has gone on now for years.

I said it before and I'll say it again: The Patriots should complain/whine publicly about this. Complaining won't change the past but it does influence the future. Polian spends all his time whining and it works for him because he gets 100% of the calls 100% of the time, not to mention a rule change/emphasis.

In an cruel twist of irony, I'm watching the Vikes-Bolts game today and seeing what a clusterf--- Mike Carey's crew (I believe) made of that game, I said, "Wow if these guys who are normally pretty good can screw up like this, I would hate to see what a less seasoned crew could do."

Fast forward to this evening...ICK.

These types of things don't gain much steam unless the fans and media are talking about it. The Pats could complain, but the competition committee would be the people to suggest any changes. And as we all know, there's a certain Colts Official leading that board.

From the few outlets I've heard tonight, the officiating seems to be a hot topic. The live blogs for ESPN, the Indy Star, the Globe, and PFT all mentioned the questionable calls. This is in addition to the post game calls to WBCN and WEEI which contained a lot of discussion on the poor officiating. 'EEI even went as far as to say it sounded like a conspiracy, but who knows what to believe when noted homers Shepard and Smerlas are leading the conversation.

the league shot its load today. dont expect any 1 sided offiating again until we play the ravebs

As much as I thought that many of the calls were putrid, I wonder why a crew like this was given such an important game. This is Parry's first year as a ref, being a sideline judge before that. Who decides on the crew??? Was this Goodell's way of sticking it to the Patriots?? I think what is interesting is that the whole world saw how putrid the officials were...THAt is a large embarrassment to the league..Goodell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back