PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What Bill Belichick did to the Vikings...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be honest....... I was hoping that the Pats might have been able to pick up Dee Milner, Chance Warmack or DJ Fluker. Any one of those would have been an excellent investment, but it would've meant trading up and New England probably made the better choice with trading out of the 1st Round and taking Minnesota's offer.

Having said that, if there's any chance of picking up Eddie Lacy, then that could be a VERY nice addition to the backfield.

Yeah, I know.... another RB, but Lacy was huge for Alabama these past 2 years, and with the Patriots seemingly needing a stable of backs every year to counter the injury bug, it could be an excellent choice. He's a hard worker, and would fit right into the Patriot's system, since Saban uses the same ideas with the Tide.

Gonna be an interesting next couple days, that's for sure. :rocker:

Like I said in the other thread, on paper it's a great value for us but for this particular case you don't know it's a steal for us until we see how this draft class plays out and it proves that the mid round players are worth giving up a chance to get someone at 29.

There's always the possibility that Minny nabbed one of the great players still available at 29 and by the time we pick in the late 2nd round there's a severe dropoff in performance, in which case they'd have robbed us. You can't evaluate these things until they play out.

it always takes multiple years to fully evaluate the draft

patterson, the player taken at the 29 spot, who happens to be a position of need for this team, was a bad, bad fit....simply not a good potential risk for this team

on paper, based on potential, i'll gladly take the position they are in right now OVER having taken the WR that was taken at that spot

by the end of tonight we'll look at it again, and evaluate, based on potential, how they did.....i expect more moving around over the next two rounds

it will take multiple years to evaluate both the 29th pick AND the trade the pats made......but as it stands right now, its hard to complain

Is considered a major crime in most States. Its what happened to Edward Norton in the shower in American History X. Its what happened to the little boy in The Prince of Tides. "Honey Dont" should be playing in the Vikings draft room. Gloria Allred should be called in to represent the Vikings. Its what Robert DeNiro did to that woman in Cape Fear. Or Once Upon a Time in America. The Vikings will be walking funny for a very long time.

slbp.jpg

Them

Dude, your Avatar and your Sig are the worst, most abominably UGLY things I have ever viewed in this or ANY Life.

I am BEGGING you to change them.

I agree, but not until we draft someone I can replace it with!!!

it always takes multiple years to fully evaluate the draft

patterson, the player taken at the 29 spot, who happens to be a position of need for this team, was a bad, bad fit....simply not a good potential risk for this team

on paper, based on potential, i'll gladly take the position they are in right now OVER having taken the WR that was taken at that spot

by the end of tonight we'll look at it again, and evaluate, based on potential, how they did.....i expect more moving around over the next two rounds

it will take multiple years to evaluate both the 29th pick AND the trade the pats made......but as it stands right now, its hard to complain

It's not so much them trading down, it's the amount they traded down. I'm not a fan of leaving huge gaps until your next pick especially in what could be a crucial stretch of the draft. It's widely agreed upon that several good players are still left, but there's still over 20 teams picking again before us barring a trade-up (where we will lose a bulk of what we got in this 'robbery'). For our situation this could be a gamble but as we agreed upon it will take time to see how this worked out for us.

I wanted Justin Hunter....thought he could eventually start
would be VERY happy with Markus Wheaton though....just not sure he'll fall to 52
wish we had gotten a pick around 40

I want Justin Hunter too. I think he'll be the best WR out of this draft (basing this off my 15 minutes of research :)). I don't think he'll last all the way to #52 tho.

the pats have produced the most pro bowlers in the past 10 years out of any teams. however, belichick has whiffed plenty of times in the draft. 2006-2009 produced almost nothing.

Yep and no-one else in the history of the league has missed. The fact is there are a lot more teams that have worse track records at drafting than Belichick.

I mean just look at these teams that are always in the top 15 and continually miss.

All depends what is done with those picks.

The 7th rounder has a good chance of not even making the team.

Our 1st was swapped for the 2nd.

So all we really got was a 3rd and 4th, in an already weak draft class.

But there's "value" in those picks....
:rolleyes:

Is considered a major crime in most States. Its what happened to Edward Norton in the shower in American History X. Its what happened to the little boy in The Prince of Tides. "Honey Dont" should be playing in the Vikings draft room. Gloria Allred should be called in to represent the Vikings. Its what Robert DeNiro did to that woman in Cape Fear. Or Once Upon a Time in America. The Vikings will be walking funny for a very long time.
what, trading out of the weak first round for a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th in a weak draft? Yeah, smacks of thievery to me....

IMO the poster was referring to football IQ, not personality.

Moss for one has an off the charts football IQ.

same said to Moss, Dennard, Sapp and all those questionable ethics you dont want saints you want people who make a difference

the pats have produced the most pro bowlers in the past 10 years out of any teams. however, belichick has whiffed plenty of times in the draft. 2006-2009 produced almost nothing.

Every team has hits and misses. Name me a team that gets everything right every year?

For a team that constantly picks at the end of every round, every year, they do just as good a job at drafting as anybody. Does it get frustrating with the trade downs sometime? yea but last night wasnt one of those.

Its pathetic how spoiled this fan base can be sometimes. Ask a Browns or a Raiders fan if they would want to swap places with us and see their reaction.

Your comparing two different draft classes. Last years class will go down as one of the deepest and best drafts ever. Look at how many rookies made impacts for their teams across the league. This years class is not even close to that level. Its the weakest in years. You trade up and make aggressive plays for studs. Chandler Jones was a stud. Anyone who watched Alabama knew that Hightower was a stud. If those 2 came out this year they'd both be top 10-15 picks if not better. Realistically there was no player worth for the Pats to move up and blow half there draft on. They believe and the general thought is they can get the same value of players in the second round as they can in the first.

If this draft class was so weak, then accumulating more picks in the later rounds is a very poor strategy because if impact players are few and far between in this class, it would have been more prudent to try to get those players even if it meant reaching for them.

To me joke = jets, bills, browns, etc etc etc

Patriots = 15 years of unparalleled success the likes of which has never been seen before and will most likely never be seen again.

Bums? Really??

Belichick has the luxury of having Brady to keep this team contending.

If this draft class was so weak, then accumulating more picks in the later rounds is a very poor strategy because if impact players are few and far between in this class, it would have been more prudent to try to get those players even if it meant reaching for them.

Agree with this but many will act like BB will pull a Gronkt-ype WR out of his ass tonight.

Belichick has the luxury of having Brady to keep this team contending.

So, what you're saying is that consistently good teams typically have good QBs?

Hmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back