PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What Bill Belichick did to the Vikings...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Broken record. Impact is not designated by what possition you are picked. It's by the quality of the player. I.E Jerry Huges was targeted as an impact pass rusher for indy... he wasnt. Say they traded down into the 2nd and got a 5th and picked Gronk and Hernandez... that is impact right there.

This whole trade up for that impact guy is a fallacy in my opinion. You trade for value, you pick for impact. It's that simple.

I don't know what Indy was doing when they picked Jerry Hughes. But I do know that what we did in last year's draft was different from what we've done the past 5 years in that we seemingly targeted players and moved up to get them. I think it worked out.

The "points" on this trade were almost exactly even.

Is considered a major crime in most States. Its what happened to Edward Norton in the shower in American History X. Its what happened to the little boy in The Prince of Tides. "Honey Dont" should be playing in the Vikings draft room. Gloria Allred should be called in to represent the Vikings. Its what Robert DeNiro did to that woman in Cape Fear. Or Once Upon a Time in America. The Vikings will be walking funny for a very long time.

Is considered a major crime in most States. Its what happened to Edward Norton in the shower in American History X. Its what happened to the little boy in The Prince of Tides. "Honey Dont" should be playing in the Vikings draft room. Gloria Allred should be called in to represent the Vikings. Its what Robert DeNiro did to that woman in Cape Fear. Or Once Upon a Time in America. The Vikings will be walking funny for a very long time.

@espn_nfcnblog: If you go by the traditional draft trade chart, the Vikings-Patriots trade was basically a wash. 649.5 points to 640.

@espn_nfcnblog: If you go by the traditional draft trade chart, the Vikings-Patriots trade was basically a wash. 649.5 points to 640.

I kind of look at the situation as being different considering we didn't have 4th, 5th or 6th round picks. According to the draft value chart it's even. But that value chart doesn't evaluate talent. Most experts agree the 2nd and 3rd round of this particular draft is very good due to the 1st rounders not being considered blue chippers. In other words low on superstars but high on depth.

I think Wheaton and maybe Patton and Terrence Williams will be there, but I have doubts that Woods, Allen and Hunter will.

Love Patton and Wheaton.

If they want to move up for Woods I'd be fine with that. They are still netting a 4th and 7th for a guy who they easily could of picked at 29.

if Peterson turns out to be a good #1 WR then the Vikings may have had the best Draft out of every one they got a starting CB a DT that may turn out to be a pro bowler and a play maker at WR, the trade works out good for the pats yes becase they need it more picks but right now on paper the Vikings had a good Draft they filled all there needs

Well duh, if the Pats had started the draft with 2 1st rounders and a plethora of other picks, they might have been able to go for three 1st rounders. But fact is they were hurting for picks. And they turned a very LATE 1st rounder into 4 draft choices. BB obtained a much needed haul of draft picks!

Now what happens with who they use those picks on is what's important.

I don't know what Indy was doing when they picked Jerry Hughes. But I do know that what we did in last year's draft was different from what we've done the past 5 years in that we seemingly targeted players and moved up to get them. I think it worked out.

I agree it worked out. I also believe it worked in 2010 and 2011 trading down. As i said trade for value I.E if the value is there trade up like last year. And you pick for impact.

I think Wheaton and maybe Patton and Terrence Williams will be there, but I have doubts that Woods, Allen and Hunter will.

I agree. I'd be very happy if they moved up tomorrow and snagged one of the 3 you mention.

Well duh, if the Pats had started the draft with 2 1st rounders and a plethora of other picks, they might have been able to go for three 1st rounders. But fact is they were hurting for picks. And they turned a very LATE 1st rounder into 4 draft choices. BB obtained a much needed haul of draft picks!

Now what happens with who they use those picks on is what's important.

I agree, also these picks will give them financial flexibility to add more depth via free agency..

Your comparing two different draft classes. Last years class will go down as one of the deepest and best drafts ever. Look at how many rookies made impacts for their teams across the league. This years class is not even close to that level. Its the weakest in years. You trade up and make aggressive plays for studs. Chandler Jones was a stud. Anyone who watched Alabama knew that Hightower was a stud. If those 2 came out this year they'd both be top 10-15 picks if not better. Realistically there was no player worth for the Pats to move up and blow half there draft on. They believe and the general thought is they can get the same value of players in the second round as they can in the first.

The extra picks are good, but the second rounder is way too far down. Hopefully, if the team sees that there's a run about to be made on WR's, they can package something together to move back up.

I don't care about accumulating picks anymore. I'd rather them target impact players than trying to maximize value with every pick. We need an impact player or two to get us over the hump, not jags that fill the bottom half of our roster.

Its become a joke.

Trade down for more Bums that will be out of the NFL in a couple of years. Belichick must believe that Brady will break George Blandas record and play into his 50s.

Its become a joke.

Trade down for more Bums that will be out of the NFL in a couple of years. Belichick must believe that Brady will break George Blandas record and play into his 50s.

To me joke = jets, bills, browns, etc etc etc

Patriots = 15 years of unparalleled success the likes of which has never been seen before and will most likely never be seen again.

Bums? Really??

Dude.

The Vikings's 1st Round was HISTORICALLY Hideous:

1 ~ DT Sharrif Floyd ~ VASTLY OverRated. Day 3 Pick.

2 ~ CB Xaviar Rhodes ~ Solid Corner, but OverRated. Day 2 Pick.

3 ~ SE Cord Patterson ~ Psycho. Lottery Ticket best Picked in Round 4.

Best left to ANOTHER Team, in fact..

...and they traded us a MINT for'm. :eek:

They could've built a DYNASTY with those 6...PICKS. :snob:

Totally disagree on Floyd. I think he will be one of the best players in this draft. Explosive interior lineman. Having said that, I absolutely LOVE the trade and value we got from the Vikes; totally fleeced them. As many have said, this draft is incredibly deep and the PATS are now stocked with picks today and tomorrow. LOVE IT!

I don't think that was all that bad of a move for the Vikes. If Patterson is capable of providing some of those plays and with Jennings in the mix it's going to make life a whole lot easier on AP.

I'm just praying that we can actually hit on a receiver in this draft and not have some jag sitting on the bench for the next 2 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back