PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What becomes of Chad Jackson & Troy Brown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: What becomes of Chad Jackson & Troy Borwn?

Don't go there.
The CJ HOF fan club will get their panties all atwist

reading through it further, Ive gotten quite a laugh out of the thread, It seems I was incorrect and that Chad Jackson is, in fact, an apparition putting up exciting numbers while going completely unseen to many. Only those with a sixth sense can see what a gifted player he truly is. Durability is overrated anyhow.

Don't go there.
The CJ HOF fan club will get their panties all atwist

As a supporter of sanity and common sense, I take exception to the idea that the call for patience is anything in the realm of your hyperbolic "CJ HOF club." I think many of us would just like to acknowledge that the kid has talent, we're not happy with how his career has gone so far, and that a TON of really top-level WRs have taken longer than this to get their crap together. I'm willing to wait. He's clearly got some great tools. Will he get on the field and put it together? I don't know. But neither do YOU know that he won't.

Give it a little bit of time.

Last edited:
He isn't "always" hurt. He's been ready to play but the Pats have taken it slow with him because of their relative depth at WR. Take it easy.

See - I think you are getting 'cause and affect' reversed! You say they have depth and wide out and that is why they are taking it slow with CJ. I think they know he is not ready (not necessarily health but also knowledge) so they have aquired depth to fill his position.

Do you really think BB would have gone after 4 wide receivers this offseason if he thought CJ could contribute? Of course not. He let Deoin out of town because he though CJ could play and guess what, it cost NE a ring. I don't think this team's management ever makes the same mistake twice.

See - I think you are getting 'cause and affect' reversed! You say they have depth and wide out and that is why they are taking it slow with CJ. I think they know he is not ready (not necessarily health but also knowledge) so they have aquired depth to fill his position.

Do you really think BB would have gone after 4 wide receivers this offseason if he thought CJ could contribute? Of course not. He let Deoin out of town because he though CJ could play and guess what, it cost NE a ring. I don't think this team's management ever makes the same mistake twice.

CJ is history.

Just IR No-Action Jackson, and cut Washington to make room for Brown.

It generally takes a couple of years for receivers to develop. Give him time. I think he'll be a stud.

It generally takes a couple of years for receivers to develop. Give him time. I think he'll be a stud.

I don't know if he'll be a stud, but it's amazing what a few lopsided victories bring out of the woodwork, and how short-sighted and asinine some of those woodwork types can be.

Because he is a high 2nd rounder who is always hurt and never plays. Quick, someone post that picture of him in highschool with all the sweatbands tinted visor and all the other things that make him LOOK like a beast.

Come On man. Did you even watch the guy play in college? He didn't just look like a beast, he WAS a beast. Sometimes I think people just say stuff like that because they think it sounds good. Also, Jackson has been hurt a lot since entering the NFL but he did show flashes if potential when he played last year and he was known for his durability while in college.

:bricks:
I don't know if he'll be a stud, but it's amazing what a few lopsided victories bring out of the woodwork, and how short-sighted and asinine some of those woodwork types can be.

This same little group of fans has been bashing on Jackson for awhile now, and some of them even called him a bust last year (his first year in the league) and have wanted to cut him (a viewpoint I find particularly asinine).

I'm sorry but call me a member of the Chad Jackson HOF fan club all you want but I'm not the one posting the Patriots should cut a player who they just spent a 2nd and 3rd round pick on during the 2006 draft. Yea, the guy's had some injuries but a lot of other young players have as well. Will he end up being the receiver his talent suggest he could? Maybe, maybe not.

Troy's probably the de facto receivers coach right now and will probably continue in that capacity all year unless catastrophic injuries occur before the PUP deadline. After this year he'll likely retire and be hired for real as the receivers coach.

Jackson's important to keep. He flashed lots of ability his rookie year. I'd keep him over, say, Washington.

I don't understand why fans persist in thinking every favorite player is dying to be a coaching assistant or replacement for the position coach we already have. Troy has a young family that lives year round in SC. His wife actually works as a chemist there. Coaches make a fraction of what he's made as a WR, and they work 11 months of the year, half of that time 60+ hour weeks minimum. Troy has already been assured he has a job here for life, but with the organization, likely in PR or community relations. With the HOF opening and Patriots Place coming on line there will be lots of positions for former players that pay as well as coaching while demanding half the time committment. This year, if his knee has responded, he wants to play.

While they likely intend to give Jackson 3 years of his 4 year deal to show he can actually make the roster, they are unlikely to add him to it this season because he would likely be inactive. Brown on the other hand has the potential to back up multiple positions.

Moss, Welker, Stallworth and Gaffney aren't going anywhere. Washington is a roster bubble player as it is because he is a backup 4th WR playing ST, although already inactive in week 3. If his hammy proves to be a nagging one, he could easily go to IR since he's cheap this season and under contract for 2008 and beyond. They could rework his deal if they really like his potential - he was essentially here on an audition this season anyway.

Bill loves veteran experience he can count on even if it's only situationally. He reiterated he saw a spot for TB on this roster throughout camp. With Caldwell gone and Scott on IR since then, I doubt that has changed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye