PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What becomes of Chad Jackson & Troy Brown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: What becomes of Chad Jackson & Troy Borwn?

He isn't "always" hurt. He's been ready to play but the Pats have taken it slow with him because of their relative depth at WR. Take it easy.

You know this how? He is always hurt. He is supposed to be a young strong player. The guy is a china doll.

I think we try to trade Stallworth or Washington. Whoever remains is the number 2 WR, with Jackson as the new guy in the depth chart. Both Stallworth and Washington have trade friendly contracts. Stallworth probably gets you the best in trade, but you have to balance that with what you're going to do longer term (Stallworth may be good, but lord knows we need the draft pick).

They have until week 6 to do the trade, which magically enough lines up exactly with the PUP situation. (FWIW, they would trade Jackson too, but he has zero trade value.)

Brown, I'm not sure what happens.

Looking at the roster, I would say that Troy would certainly find a spot.

Harrison - Mays goes to the PS.
Seymour returns, I think Thomas goes back to the PS.
Troy Brown - Baker goes to free agent.
C. Jackson - I think they will wait as long as possible, but Washington would be the likely canidate to get the ax. Gaffeny has gotten much more field time.

I think we try to trade Stallworth or Washington. Whoever remains is the number 2 WR, with Jackson as the new guy in the depth chart. Both Stallworth and Washington have trade friendly contracts. Stallworth probably gets you the best in trade, but you have to balance that with what you're going to do longer term (Stallworth may be good, but lord knows we need the draft pick).

They have until week 6 to do the trade, which magically enough lines up exactly with the PUP situation. (FWIW, they would trade Jackson too, but he has zero trade value.)

Brown, I'm not sure what happens.

Why do we need the draft pick? We have a full deck even without the second first. Two third rounder's actually. If Moss gets hurt I would much rather have Stalworth then Chad I have done ZERO in my career Jackson.

No way do I see us trading Stallworth. As Moss continues to dominate and draw more and more attention (is it possible?) Stallworth will become increasingly important.

And I strongly disagree we need the draft pick. We have the Niners. If anything, the lack of our own draft pick will just leave us with more $$ to re-sign other guys...like Moss :D

Why do we need the draft pick? We have a full deck even without the second first. Two third rounder's actually. If Moss gets hurt I would much rather have Stalworth then Chad I have done ZERO in my career Jackson.

You seem to be under the impression that Deion Branch, who came in ready-to-go, is the rule rather than the exception. He isn't. Be patient with Chad Jackson.

I think they'll IR Jackson - but if it comes down to Washington or Gaffney I think it's close - Gaffney isn't playing a lot and doesn't help on ST.
gaffney is good insurance in case of injury, no way he gets cut he was great in training camp, jackson has done nothing other than get hurt

You seem to be under the impression that Deion Branch, who came in ready-to-go, is the rule rather than the exception. He isn't. Be patient with Chad Jackson.

I am trying. Lets be honest tho. He has not even been to a full camp. He is at least a year away.

Troy's probably the de facto receivers coach right now and will probably continue in that capacity all year unless catastrophic injuries occur before the PUP deadline. After this year he'll likely retire and be hired for real as the receivers coach.

Jackson's important to keep. He flashed lots of ability his rookie year. I'd keep him over, say, Washington.

Troy's probably the de facto receivers coach right now and will probably continue in that capacity all year unless catastrophic injuries occur before the PUP deadline. After this year he'll likely retire and be hired for real as the receivers coach.

Jackson's important to keep. He flashed lots of ability his rookie year. I'd keep him over, say, Washington.

:ditto:

ten Chars

I am trying. Lets be honest tho. He has not even been to a full camp. He is at least a year away.

Part of the reason he has not been to a full camp is that the Pats have taken his recovery RIDICULOUSLY slowly and carefully because they have the luxury of doing so.

Part of the reason he has not been to a full camp is that the Pats have taken his recovery RIDICULOUSLY slowly and carefully because they have the luxury of doing so.

While I agree they will choose to be very cautious with CJ, I don't think his recovery has been slow...ACL is about a year and if he's ready by week 6, he'd be a few months ahead of schedule. If anything, Jackson's recovery - by all accounts - has been quicker than expected, starting with his surgery occuring a month ahead of the norm.

Absolutely. Look how many seasons it took Tony Simmons, I mean Bethel Johnson to develop. Not everyone can be a Colson.

TOTALLY AGREE. Not sure why Gaffney gets the Binky treatment around here, and I've been a big defender of his. Given the choice between him and Washington, I pick Washington for S/T's and upside.

I agree. I like Gafney alot. Afterall, what's not to like about him? However, BB is all about versatility, and Washington does that.

I was thinking Washington was a key special teamer but he was in active for the Bill's game.

Maybe the same experts here who whined here for days on end when Belioli threw in that 7th rounder (Gasp!!!) for Welker will now advocate cuting Welker so Chad can be on the 53. :)

Washington did not practice last week, due to a hammy, which is his downfall.. I say Brown and Jackson will be back, Washington could be cut or IR'd as well, which I do think he could still bring a lot to the table.. I would still want him around, but I dont know.. Still got to find room for Seymoer and Harrison as well..

Last edited:
Welker. Moss. Gaffney. Stallworth. Washington. Watson. Kyle Brady.

There aren't enough balls to go around.

Do we finally say our fond farewell to old #80?

If so, he has served us like an absolute champ and deserves whatever he wants at his exit interview. Coaching job. Retired #. Lifetime eparking spot. Whatever!

As far as Jackson, he just could never stay out of the tub long enough to show us what he had. My guess is he goes on IR and we see where we are with Moss next season.

Possibly one or more WR trades of either Stallworth/Gaffney/Washington.
Or 1 of the above possibly going on IR...

Assuming our WR corpse (sic) remains healthy, Brown onto IR so he 'get's paid'.
CJ is problematical. I think the Pats would like to IR him since he missed yet another training camp and will not be ready for prime time but his agent has sent signals that they will fight IR. Maybe Washington gets cut or it's always possible to cut another position and keep another WR (too many in my opinion). I really don't know what will happen here.

when you wrote corpse, I immediately thought of Chad Jackson. Dead to the team. Wasted pick.

Buried somewhere in a Saugus salt marsh I suspect.

when you wrote corpse, I immediately thought of Chad Jackson. Dead to the team. Wasted pick.

Buried somewhere in a Saugus salt marsh I suspect.

Don't go there.
The CJ HOF fan club will get their panties all atwist

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill