PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What are your thoughts on Ron Brace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NG Pats Fan

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
4 years now into his career and he has done diddley poo

Complete and utter waste of a draft pick.

He can't play. Gerard Warren (if healthy) would be a far more useful backup to Wilfork and Love.

Bust. There's really not much else to be said.

....bust....

A bit like that Olsen twins fantasy I have.

NEVER.................. EVER going to happen

He's big, they should trade Welker for a late pick and move him to WR.

Last edited:
I was wondering who was Ron Brace because i always thought his surname was Bust!:D;)

Was hoping that all the reports early in camp about him making more impact were true and would carry over. But at this point, I think the only reason he's still here is there wasn't another big body available to replace him once Fanene was booted.

When they take out Wilfork or Love, they usually put in a better pass rusher, like Deaderick.

Who's snaps do you want to limit on early downs? I don't understand these threads sometimes, do you want Wilfork on the bench for running plays?

Yeah, the reason he's here is to back up the two big guys who've played well and haven't been injured.

Last edited:
He's a solid player but the reason he never plays here is because he has no idea how to 2-gap.

is he injured again?

He has less career tackles then vernon gholston.

That's really all that needs to be said.

He can play, but possesses a zero pain threshold. A hangnail is likely to keep him from practice, and inactive on game day. He has shown some skill, but his maladies keep him from being a player.....

I think he backs up Love and Wilfork, which means he's not going to get much time. I think his inability to beat out Love tells us what we need to know about his future as a starter, at least in New England.

I don't know what his limited snap count means beyond him being redundant, since the team's not likely looking to take out Love or Wilfork and bring Brace in as a pass rusher in sub packages.

He just never lived up to his draft status and his career has been interrupted with nagging injury and inconsistency. BB has always kept him around because he is another big body to put on the line and is a 3rd backup to VW.

If hes back in 2013, it'll be for the vet minimum and not a dime more...

If they draft a big body and shows the slightest bit of upside, Brace is gone.

He is a guy that can't stay healthy. All reports were that he was having a great camp and doing well. Injuries suck.

Too many people on this forum take too much delight in labeling players busts or soft.

Some guys just have crappy luck. Football is a physical game.

a soon to be bust, if not already. if it weren't for vollmer, that 09 draft would have been a disaster. are 2nd round picks that much of a gamble? they passed on oher (not that big of a loss because of vollmer) and matthews to keep trading down for a bunch of picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing