PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What are your thoughts on Dan Gronkowski?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christiancat

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I notice Rob's brother Dan who was drafted into the NFL in 2009 was released by the Browns in 2013 and is currently a free agent.

Do you think there's spot for him on the Pats or some other team in the NFL?

Probably not he was nothing special.

He's been a Patriot before. He wasn't very good.

As someone mentioned, Dan was used here as a depth TE in the past. I believe that he played at Dallas as well that year, and bounced back and forth like the bottom of the roster player which he is (on a lucky day).

I think there is a 4th Gronkowski emerging in the near future, although I'm not sure what stage he's currently at? High school/college?

As someone mentioned, Dan was used here as a depth TE in the past. I believe that he played at Dallas as well that year, and bounced back and forth like the bottom of the roster player which he is (on a lucky day).

I think there is a 4th Gronkowski emerging in the near future, although I'm not sure what stage he's currently at? High school/college?
Glenn Gronk, RB Kansa State

Glenn Gronk, RB Kansa State

I really like the idea of a RB version of Gronk..

EDIT: Some quick research has him coming up as a Fullback.

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/tag/_/name/glenn-gronkowski

ESPN blog said:
FB: Glenn Gronkowski (So.), Zach Nemechek (Sr.)

Gronkowski could be ready to stake his claim as the Big 12’s top fullback. He’s an solid runner, receiver and blocker and should continue to see his role in the offense expand as a sophomore. Nemechek has been a special teams performer and provides a solid backup option at the position.

Last edited:
He was pretty much a replacement-level player, IIRC. It would take an injury to one of Gronk/Hoomanawanui for him to have any shot here, and even if that were to happen I still think they'd look elsewhere. If he couldn't catch on in Cleveland even while Cameron was out and after playing the preseason there, my guess would be that his NFL career is probably over.

Sign Gordie too while they are at it!!

I watched Gronk4 play a few weeks ago, he is only a sophomore, but he reminded me of Moose Johnston

Signbabybrothergronk

As desperate as the Patriots were for TE help, they didn't bring in Gronk-lite. He hasn't seen the field since 2011.

Barring a very rare situation, he's not coming back to the NFL.

The prior two Gronks gave 50% of their athleticism to form Mecha-Gronk. Our Gronk. 20% of the brain, 200% of the athleticism of nevermind a normal hominid but a Gronk. I will say that despite the fact that our Gronk has set the single season record for swirlies given to a freshman and is the GOAT at TE, I shudder when I think about how tough baby Gronk must be.

His youngest brother Glenn is a Fullback at Kansas State.

Was up at an Iowa State football game earlier this year versus them and I recall him causing a very costly penalty, don't remember what it was for though. We'll have to see if he has much of a future. ;)

When we were collecting Gronks a few years back, I seen a photoshopped pic of the blue-eyes ultimate dragon w/ all of the heads as Gronk. It was pretty funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes