PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What are your opinions on Kyle Arrington?

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1 McCourty, #2 Bodden, #3 Arrington, #4 Butler. That's a deep secondary. I'd bring them all back. It's too early to give up on Butler and Arrington has been performing way above expectations and is a physical tackling CB that is valuable for the Pats to have.

Don't forget about Wilhite. He was above Butler at times. All in all we have a good corp of CBs for next year. Especially if Butler plays up to his potential.

Arrington is the RCB next year unless Bodden shows he is way better. Arrington is young and improving with the opportunities he gets. Bodden probably has 1 or 2 good years left.

Beats the heck out of Deltha O'Neal

Bodden and McCourty will be our starters for indefinite future. This will be a major improvement over this year.

Arrington will compete with Butler and Wilhite in camp and in the preseason.

What is concerning is that Butler is not a good enough corner to play nickel over our safeties.

I could see uos bring in cam competition for Butler and Wilhite.

Arrington is a lock because of his special team value. I would like to see him signed to a long-term contract because of that skill set.

Bodden and McCourty will be our starters for indefinite future. This will be a major improvement over this year.

Arrington will compete with Butler and Wilhite in camp and in the preseason.

What is concerning is that Butler is not a good enough corner to play nickel over our safeties.

I could see uos bring in cam competition for Butler and Wilhite.

Arrington is a lock because of his special team value. I would like to see him signed to a long-term contract because of that skill set.

Butler has a problem tackling. That is one of the major issues with him and limiting YaC is the #1 priority of this defense.

Last edited:
Isn't Arrington another one who was cut by the Jets? They seem to be making great personnel choices.

Isn't Arrington another one who was cut by the Jets? They seem to be making great personnel choices.

No- UFA signed by the Iggles and later went to TB and was obviously cut there.

My Iggles buddy says that Reid liked him a lot as they had him on PQ but some injuries came up on offense and needed to add some depth and subsequently waived him.

Last edited:
I go back and forth on Arrington.

Sometimes, I think he is a pretty darn good corner, and other times, I think he shoould have "Toast" on his jersey instead of Arrington!

I guess that tells me he is servicable, but I think we could definitely upgrade and improve there.

I have this dream that it will be Butler/McCourty for the next 6-7 years giving us one of the top duos in the league, with Bodden being a real strong third option.

Will that dream ever come true?

Darius? Bueller? Anyone?

Last edited:
I go back and forth on Arrington.

Sometimes, I think he is a pretty darn good corner, and other times, I think he shoould have "Toast" on his jersey instead of Arrington!

I guess that tells me he is servicable, but I think we could definitely upgrade and improve there.

I have this dream that it will be Butler/McCourty for the next 6-7 years giving us one of the top duos in the league, with Bodden being a real strong third option.

Will that dream ever come true?

Darius? Bueller? Anyone?

I'm pulling for Butler hard. Seems to have the complete package. Size. Speed. Ball skills. Seems like a good kid. He LOOKS like a good CB. He has the name to be a good CB--Darius Butler. Just say it. :D

The problem is that hes gotta tackle and play the way the coaches are asking him to.

Arrington is.

Last edited:
I have noticed that his coverage has been better. Even if he lets the receiver catch the ball he's usually right there to tackle him seconds later. He just needs to start defensing more balls and elimate the catch a little more. But he has been better than before

I have noticed that his coverage has been better. Even if he lets the receiver catch the ball he's usually right there to tackle him seconds later. He just needs to start defensing more balls and elimate the catch a little more. But he has been better than before

I agree. He was brutal vs Indy and had some problems vs Pitt but hes played well to very well since then.

In accordance to Rotoworld, Arrington will be an "Exclusive Rights Free Agent."

I think this term is causing some confusion in the thread, with several references to "if they bring him back" and "could get more money elsewhere." An ERFA is only a "free agent" in the sense that he has no contract in place for next year. It does NOT mean that he can shop his services around. The Patriots own his rights, and they can either negotiate a long-term deal or give him one year at minimum salary.

IMO, McCourty, Bodden, Arrington, Butler, Wilhite projects to be an excellent CB group for next year. While I'd never rule out a draft pick at the position, I'd rank safety as a higher priority because Chung and Sergio Brown are the only safeties under contract for 2012.

I think this term is causing some confusion in the thread, with several references to "if they bring him back" and "could get more money elsewhere." An ERFA is only a "free agent" in the sense that he has no contract in place for next year. It does NOT mean that he can shop his services around. The Patriots own his rights, and they can either negotiate a long-term deal or give him one year at minimum salary.

IMO, McCourty, Bodden, Arrington, Butler, Wilhite projects to be an excellent CB group for next year. While I'd never rule out a draft pick at the position, I'd rank safety as a higher priority because Chung and Sergio Brown are the only safeties under contract for 2012.

Why?

Butler is used sparingly and Wilhite is All Pro at warming the pine. The way NE goes through DBs, they need someone who can play full time when called upon. Id like to see NE draft another CB with a high pick.

Not only should the Pats keep Arrington, they need to lock him up for several years - - give that guy a team-friendly contract.

He is a SOLID (if not starting caliber) CB and an outstanding ST player. He is the anti-Merriwether, in that he is smart, disciplined and sound in his fundamentals.

Additionally, anyone who listens to him in an interview can see right off that this is a bright kid who gets it.

Last edited:
Arrington has improved to the point where you can say he dosen't suck.He is not great will make some plays and give up some plays but at least he is not suck like Merriwether who does suck.

Last edited:
Arrington has improved to the point where you can say he dosen't suck.He is not great will make some plays and give up some plays but at least he is not suck like Merriwether who does suck.

Let's not go overboard here.

Meriweather is the team's best safety or (to avoid the arguments), at least, had been since the end of 2007. If not for Bodden's injury, Arrington wouldn't be seeing the field except on special teams.

Last edited:

Jesus your typing of complete sentences is terrible. I didnt understand any of that Lol...

If not for Bodden's injury, Arrington wouldn't be seeing the field except on special teams.

Arrington would play over Butler and Willhite. We know this.

Last edited:
Arrington would play over Butler and Willhite. We know this.

How do we know that Arrington would be taking the slot/nickel positions over Butler, Wilhite and Chung?

Last edited:
How do we know that Arrington would be taking the slot/nickel positions over Butler and Wilhite?

Because right now he is a better player than both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back