PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What are your favorite Patriots/NFL plays?

The TD sweep in the 1985 playoffs against the Raiders where Hannah executes a wonderful dive block on the run to take out the laterally-pursuing defender

Even though I didn't like him, props to Tony Eason's hail mary game winner vs. the Rams in 1986.

Posey's game-winning FG in 1978 against Buffalo in Week 15 to give NE their first AFCE crown (even better was that I was at that game). Especially since (as I recall it) Buffalo had taken an intentional safety on a punt play (they were backed way up), but either the free kick was bad or NE got a good return (can't remember which) and NE had good field position to start the game-winning drive.

Grogan's 30yd TD to Morgan to win the game and finally break the (regular season) Orange Bowl jinx in the final week of 1986 (I believe, better yet, that was the last Phins game ever played in the Orange Bowl).

I'll second the Brady to Brown 80+ yard TD pass in OT against the Dolphins. That's got to be the most excited I've been for a non-playoff game. Even Belichick himself couldn't help but show emotion after that game.

Not only was the play itself great, but it was the culmination of a lot of things......

1.) Years of losing in the Miami heat
2.) Years of finishing behind the Dolphins
3.) Two VERY makeable, "would be game winning" field goal attempts gone awry byt the Dolphins

From a pure "I can't believe what I just saw perspective" it has to be the two long bomb TD's Moss caught in Miami in 2007. Simply unbelievable.

Yes and even though that team overcame so much adversity that season, that win was probably the toughest and the one I least expected them to pull off. As you said they NEVER used to win in MIA especially in the warmer months. Then the huge botches by the refs that gave MIA great chances to score first in OT, in addition to those chip shot FG's they missed. Just made for an incredible moment at the end.

I'll go back a bit since most of these are modern.

Believe it or not Tony Eason threw a last season TD to beat the Rams in LA when they had a pretty good team. Fryer caught it in the back of the end zone. That was huge for their SB push.

The snow plow kick. Shula is still whining. :singing:

Even though it was against the Pats the Barry Sanders run.

The catch by Dwight Clark. I hated the Landry Cowboys.

Bo Jackson running over Bosworth.

Pre-modern era (aka Patriots in red):
Grogan trying to call timeout despite his concussion.
1976 Divisional Grogan to Francis non-interference call.
Snow plow - best part not shown Shula trying to get the ref to put the snow back was awesome.
Oh, the rest involve Zeke Mowatt and Linda Olsen and are NSFW.

And yes, this from the Victory! tour, is a Patriots highlight
(For newbies, it drove the Sullivans, the origional owners, into bankruptcy. Allowing Bob Kraft to buy ... the stadium.:))

I'll second the Brady to Brown 80+ yard TD pass in OT against the Dolphins. That's got to be the most excited I've been for a non-playoff game. Even Belichick himself couldn't help but show emotion after that game.

Not only was the play itself great, but it was the culmination of a lot of things......

1.) Years of losing in the Miami heat
2.) Years of finishing behind the Dolphins
3.) Two VERY makeable, "would be game winning" field goal attempts gone awry byt the Dolphins

From a pure "I can't believe what I just saw perspective" it has to be the two long bomb TD's Moss caught in Miami in 2007. Simply unbelievable.
And before that the book on Brady was he lacked the ability to throw long. Heck, even homer me was wondering how the heck he was able to throw that far.:)

sanchizefumble.gif

Without question, my favorite non-Patriots play of recent times.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back