PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What are you looking for from the game on Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Patriot Guy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I have two goals for this team against the Bengals that I really care about:

1. Win
2. No injuries

That's really it. There's no style points in the NFL. (unless you're down to like the 9th tie-breaker) A win is a win. That's all that really matters.

Of course we'd like to see the Pats go out and dominate. We'd like to see the offense remind us of 2007. We'd like to see the defense get a pass rush and force turnovers. In the end though, it doesn't mean anything. Look at our recent history on opening day:

2002: Win over Steelers 30-14. The defense could be dominant and Donald Hayes is going to be a huge pickup for us.

2003: Loss to Bills 31-0. This team hates their coach, looks like everything is falling apart.

2004: Win over Colts 27-24. Yeah we won but got shredded on the ground for over 200 yards. It might be a problem all season with Ted Washington gone. (finished 6th in the NFL)

2006: Win over Bills 19-17. The first play of our season is a Brady sack, fumble and recovery for a TD. Brady struggles all day and it looks like we just don't have the WRs to go far.

2009: Win over Bills 25-24. We struggle for a lot of the game, Brady looks a bit shaky coming off his injury. But we perform when it matters. One thing I know about this team is that they'll finish games.

Again, how our team performs against the Bengals will obviously affect us somehow, it's the nature of being a fan. But one thing I'm certain of: some things we see will get better as the season goes on and some things we see will get worse. So as long as we can get the W and do it with no one going down, I'll take it and move on to the Jets.

Well said. Just win, baby, and keep our boys healthy.

Cunningham exploding onto the scene with a 4.5 sack game.

You said it:

1.) WIN

2.) NO INJURIES

:rocker:

For fun, I'll play to the nuts and bolts of the game to make this more interesting ;)

I would love to see:

1) Moss get a TD to show he's still in it (mostly to shut everyone up)

2) Welker look decent and stay healthy

3) Good TE play. Someone better get GRONKED... see Patsnut's thread for more details ;)

4) I want to forget that Dan Connelly is on the field most of the time

5) Defense play with energy (some poor results I can live with early on, but I just want to see these guys play disciplined yet CRANKED).

Win and thats it not matter wat the score is.I would like to see a pass rush but i am not holding my breath.:rolleyes:

1) A smooth functioning offense - passing the ball to different players and running half-decently

2) 7 points in the red zone every trip (on offense)

3) An energetic defense - fewer gashes up the middle of the defense

4) 3 points in the red zone every trip (on defense)

5) A 'W' in the books (obviously this fifth point trumps the others in importance)

WOOT

Last edited:
defense
defense
defense !!!!!!!
WITHOUT THIS THE YEAR IS OVER !
IF YOU CANT RUN
IF YOU CANT PLAY D
YOU LOSE !!!

Besides the most important two that people have listed above (win, no injuries) here is my list.

1. How does the d look? If they look bad do they show promise?
2. Are we able to run the ball? Do we try?
3. Play calling. Last year it was bad hopefully it is good this year.
4. Improved special teams.

In an ironic twist of the '4th and 2' game, I'd like to see us defer if we win the coin toss. Then the defense forces a 3 and out, like we did in New Orleans' first 2 series week 1 of the preseason.

Oh, and win by more than 10 points as I'm predicting we will.

Im looking for our offense play really good, especially on 3rd down!. Im nervous about the defense, hopefully theres a few more good plays than bad to get the W!!!

Couldnt agree more with the playcalling.Go downfield more.

defense
defense
defense !!!!!!!
WITHOUT THIS THE YEAR IS OVER !
IF YOU CANT RUN
IF YOU CANT PLAY D
YOU LOSE !!!

The Colts went to the Super Bowl without either of those things.

Just sayin'...

We dont have a freeny,mathis,brackett or addai
Im hoping for the best for our young D otherwise it could be a long year

Win by 5+ points would help out alot :D

We dont have a freeny,mathis,brackett or addai
Im hoping for the best for our young D otherwise it could be a long year

Who cares who they have? This isn't basketball where one or two players is all you need. They had better pass D numbers than we did but comparable run D numbers, and allowed more points.

Also, even with Addai (who had fewer yards per carry than Maroney, who gets crucified here), their rushing attack was third from the BOTTOM in ypc. 3.5 average, more than half a yard less than our "poor" running attack.

A win and no injuries.

And on Monday I would like to see a Jest loss :)

offensive and defensive lines able to hold their own.

I want to see:

• A commitment to the run.
  • A couple runs of 10 or more yards.
  • Solid blocking from Moss (to show how much he cares :rolleyes:).
  • Welker get some YAC.
  • ILBs defending the play-action pass successfully.
  • The edge set with a measure of consistency.
  • A handful of 2nd and 9s.
  • Butler within the confines of my television screen at the snap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back