PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What Are You Drinking Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just start laughing and drink faster when my buddies start in with the nosing. i can talk scotch with the best of em, but it just sounds to pompous to me.

If you're talking for the sake of talking, then sure it's pompous and trying to sound all snobbish about it. I think the discussion here is just to discuss flavoring and what we like / recommend :p

My smoking buddy and I don't generally discuss flavors unless we're trying something new. Mostly, we just smoke and BS about nothing overly important while drinking.

If you're talking for the sake of talking, then sure it's pompous and trying to sound all snobbish about it. I think the discussion here is just to discuss flavoring and what we like / recommend :p

My smoking buddy and I don't generally discuss flavors unless we're trying something new. Mostly, we just smoke and BS about nothing overly important while drinking.

i wasnt trying to insult anyone but my friends.
yeah my buddies have smoking jackets and all. i refuse to get a smoking jacket. not gonna happen...

Ooh, a pipe smoker. I haven't lit mine off in quite awhile since finding a inexpensive way to smoke cigars. Smoking a pipe always reminds me of my grandfather. There is just something about the smell of pipe tobacco that takes me back to when I was younger (only 27, but you get the picture lol)

My uncle was a pipe smoker. I "ahem" borrowed one of his back in the 60s and got busted by my parents with it. They thought it was funny, but tried not to let on. Now I really enjoy it with whiskies as it helps bring the barrel flavors to the forefront. Cigars are great too, but I'm an amateur with em'.

yeah my buddies have smoking jackets and all. i refuse to get a smoking jacket. not gonna happen...

LOL, wtf? I smoke in a patriots beanie and a patriots windbreaker. It's usually about 45 deg outside when we smoke (late night / early morning in San Diego)

Smoking jackets...far out...'ere
smokeom5.gif

My uncle was a pipe smoker. I "ahem" borrowed one of his back in the 60s and got busted by my parents with it. They thought it was funny, but tried not to let on. Now I really enjoy it with whiskies as it helps bring the barrel flavors to the forefront. Cigars are great too, but I'm an amateur with em'.

I'm an amateur with both really. Only been smoking cigars for 3-4 years and pipes for a year or so. It still takes a bit for me to notice some of the flavors in cigars, but it's harder to hide the flavors in scotch, so that was easier to pick up on.

I used to smoke cigarettes, and was worried that when I quit that, I'd have to give up cigars and pipes due to the "temptation" factor. Luckly, that wasn't the case, and I'll be 1 year nicotine free on Feb 5th '08.

i just start laughing and drink faster when my buddies start in with the nosing. i can talk scotch with the best of em, but it just sounds to pompous to me.

Ah yes...the refined art of pompousity that at times accompanies the gentle wafts of finely distilled grains as raucous alchohols disperse subtle flavors along pompous palettes that once assumed rapidly gulping distilled spirits was the only way to "get a buzz".

IOW, I have finally become able to detect the finer points of whiskies and am getting a big kick out of it. I like beer too. :)

Ah yes...the refined art of pompousity that at times accompanies the gentle wafts of finely distilled grains as raucous alchohols disperse subtle flavors along pompous palettes that once assumed rapidly gulping distilled spirits was the only way to "get a buzz".

IOW, I have finally become able to detect the finer points of whiskies and am getting a big kick out of it. I like beer too. :)

LOL, nice. I still drink dark beer from time to time. Thats just me though.

All this talk of different whiskies is making me jealous because it's something I've always wished I could enjoy. Unfortunately, a long time ago at a high school dance far far away (Peabody High to be exact), my buddy shows up with a bottle of god knows what kind of whiskey. He and I proceed to polish it off, get very stupid and get very sick out back. The only intelligent thing we did that night was decide there was no way he could get us home, so we flipped a coin to decide who's parents we would call to get a ride home from. To my dismay, I lost. My dad picks us up, drops my friend off, then proceeds to rip me a new one in the car. The next morning, feeling like I'd been run over my a truck, I was ordered to vacuum the pool, cut the grass and pull weeds. Needless to say, I've never been able to go near the stuff. Just the smell brings back very bad memories.

Maybe the good stuff would be different, but I just can't shake that memory

LOL, nice. I still drink dark beer from time to time. Thats just me though.

Saranac dark and Sam Adams porter are some of my faves. When buying the Saranac assortment 6 pack I always "take & put" from other 6 packs to get the best assortment.

All this talk of different whiskies is making me jealous because it's something I've always wished I could enjoy. Unfortunately, a long time ago at a high school dance far far away (Peabody High to be exact), my buddy shows up with a bottle of god knows what kind of whiskey. He and I proceed to polish it off, get very stupid and get very sick out back. The only intelligent thing we did that night was decide there was no way he could get us home, so we flipped a coin to decide who's parents we would call to get a ride home from. To my dismay, I lost. My dad picks us up, drops my friend off, then proceeds to rip me a new one in the car. The next morning, feeling like I'd been run over my a truck, I was ordered to vacuum the pool, cut the grass and pull weeds. Needless to say, I've never been able to go near the stuff. Just the smell brings back very bad memories.

Maybe the good stuff would be different, but I just can't shake that memory

In 1970 my buddy stole a bottle of expensive cognaq form his dad. I had to drink it as some sort of welcome to the gang thing. Three quarters of a bottle later and after escaping from the cops I laid down and tossed everything except my toenails. The next morning was no better. It does pass though and about 10 years ago I was able to enjoy cognaq. Don't give up hope!

I ended up buying Bowmore 17 and Laphroaig Quarter Cask.
1 x Partagas Cifuentes Noviembre
1 X Macanudo Trump Cafe

Thanks for everyone's advice!

Nice.

Last night I had:

3 Fingers of Auchentoshan Three Wood (and a sip of my buddies Auchen 21)
CAO Italia Positano (6"x52)

All was right in the world lol.

I almost bought some Auchentoshan, but reviews for the QC were really good. Now to keep a lid on things until game time...

I almost bought some Auchentoshan, but reviews for the QC were really good. Now to keep a lid on things until game time...

Wheres the fun in that? I have no choice since I'm at work until 4pm PST... lol

Twist my arm and I'll have one for ya. You have to pick the pour though.

I'm not feelin' the Blended stuff. Again, that's just my style :cool:

Gah, only 6 more hours until I get to leave... lol Just don't get too plastered to enjoy the game. lol

3 bottles of Moet-Chandon White Star brut champagne

6 22oz home brewed English Ale (my own)

Watching the game at home with my 3 sons

I'm not feelin' the Blended stuff. Again, that's just my style :cool:

Gah, only 6 more hours until I get to leave... lol Just don't get too plastered to enjoy the game. lol

They're both single malts, but just the same I usually don't drink scotch until...come to think of it I don't drink scotch that often. Maybe it is good after lunch. :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes