PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What Are You Drinking Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Usuals...
Can_MountainDew.jpg
CocaColaClassicCan.jpg

I'm just wondering - seeing as this is Ebay and not an actual auctioneer or distributor with a reputation to maintain, how do you actually know what you are drinking?

Any good seller will show you the bottle, and it should be relatively easy to see if the seal has been tampered with. Each cork is generally completely covered in a metallic foil (at least for the higher end stuff) and that would be damn hard to reproduce.

Also, the distilleries have very distinct flavors. So it wouldn't be too hard to tell if someone switch out the scotch for a lesser quality, even of the same distillery product.

Any scotch drinker, that's even remotely serious about what he or she likes would be able to tell.

Please do tell us what you think of it when you've had a taste. I'm a Scotch-lover but have never had the occassion to drink 50 year old Scotch, so I'm very curious.

i had some famous grouse bottled in 1947 about 8 years ago when i first met my wife. it was unbelievable. best scotch i have ever tasted. it had virtually no bite whatsoever, and was smooth as eggnog. the fire would well up in your throat several seconds after it had gone down, allowing you to fully taste the scotch. the smell was to die for too.
i came home to her and her ***** friends drinking it all mixed with coke playing some freakin drinking game!:mad: (there was cheap black label in the cabinet, too!)

consequently, she buys me a decent bottle once a year. not nearly as good as the grouse was though

i had some famous grouse bottled in 1947 about 8 years ago when i first met my wife. it was unbelievable. best scotch i have ever tasted. it had virtually no bite whatsoever, and was smooth as eggnog. the fire would well up in your throat several seconds after it had gone down, allowing you to fully taste the scotch. the smell was to die for too.
i came home to her and her ***** friends drinking it all mixed with coke playing some freakin drinking game!:mad: (there was cheap black label in the cabinet, too!)

consequently, she buys me a decent bottle once a year. not nearly as good as the grouse was though

Umm that decent bottle better be somewhere in the neighborhood of like 300$ then... That totally sucks. I wouldn't hold it against her, but I'd ask her to kindly stick up for the good scotch in the house. I have 2 shelves in the cabinet. The top shelf has my scotch. The bottom shelf has my rum, Jack, and any other lower end liqour I have...

i had some famous grouse

Just did some research... looks like my pricing is off unless you get the 29yr cask strength listed on their site @ 348.77$ or (175gbp). Also, most of their stuff seems to be blended scotch whiskey, much like, if not a bit better then the higher end Johnny Walker Blue label.

Ironically, I thought I was at the pinnacle of alcohol when drinking JW: Blue label, but I was then introduced to Single Malt Scotch, and haven't been back since. But it is a whole different ball game then blended.

Just did some research... looks like my pricing is off unless you get the 29yr cask strength listed on their site @ 348.77$ or (175gbp). Also, most of their stuff seems to be blended scotch whiskey, much like, if not a bit better then the higher end Johnny Walker Blue label.

Ironically, I thought I was at the pinnacle of alcohol when drinking JW: Blue label, but I was then introduced to Single Malt Scotch, and haven't been back since. But it is a whole different ball game then blended.

i think you are looking at new prices. this was i believe 18yr scotch that was sold in '47. might have been a 15yr i dont remember exactly

Don't forget, he said bottled in 1947. Scotch doesn't age in a bottle like it ages in a cask.

i think you are looking at new prices. this was i believe 18yr scotch that was sold in '47. might have been a 15yr i dont remember exactly

Well yeah, I just went to their site and looked around a bit. Their site says nothing of anything bottled that long ago, so I was just going off of current pricing. They have a 30 year malt that is 99.99GBP, which is only a couple hundred bucks... Dunno much more then that though.

Also, and this took years of research, Scotch gets you drunk.

Yes, but mixing scotch with a good cigar makes you happy and drunk. This also took years of testing... lol

i am drinking right at this moment Scotch Whisky :rocker:

whisky-gentry-style.jpg

i am drinking right at this moment Scotch Whisky :rocker:

whisky-gentry-style.jpg

/jealous...

Although I'll be having me a glass of Glenfiddich 18 year tonight with a CAO Italia in a couple of hours.

/jealous...

Although I'll be having me a glass of Glenfiddich 18 year tonight with a CAO Italia in a couple of hours.

I am more on a modest income so I will have to settle for the Crown Royal...as apposed to the 12 year old stuff, but I will prolly be enjoying that...looking forward to Saturday, seems like a while since the boys played...

I am more on a modest income so I will have to settle for the Crown Royal...as apposed to the 12 year old stuff, but I will prolly be enjoying that...looking forward to Saturday, seems like a while since the boys played...

www.bevmo.com 18 year Glenfiddich is only like 50/bottle. That's if you like single malt though ;)

the only reason i have a great collection of scotch is luck. i have two kids and my wife doesnt work. i know how ya feel.
ive gotten two bottles of the balvenie 15yr as tips, got a few ancient bottles from a passed relative, and i buy a good bottle once every two years. i guess it helps that i have maybe a glass once a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back