PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What Are You Drinking Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please do tell us what you think of it when you've had a taste. I'm a Scotch-lover but have never had the occassion to drink 50 year old Scotch, so I'm very curious.

Will do, id like to keep it capped and save it for the birth of my first child but have realized that the pats are and have been a huge part of my entire life so its only fitting to open it up tomorrow, now all i need is a great cigar to go along, wish i had an outlet for a cuban but i forgot to start looking early on... Anyone got a good idea for some victory stoggies ? something in the 20-40 dollar range ??

Will do, id like to keep it capped and save it for the birth of my first child but have realized that the pats are and have been a huge part of my entire life so its only fitting to open it up tomorrow, now all i need is a great cigar to go along, wish i had an outlet for a cuban but i forgot to start looking early on... Anyone got a good idea for some victory stoggies ? something in the 20-40 dollar range ??

Let me save you some money...

http://cigarsinternational.com

This site saves me tons of money. I used to buy from smoke shops because I didn't know any better. Granted, you'll have no choice for this weekend. From here on out though... I just bought 43 Cigars for a new humidor I received for Christmas...

CAO Italia Positano (6.0" x 50) x5
Onyx Reserve Toro (6.0" x 50) x5
Partagas Black Crystal Tubo (5.5" x 50) x8
Rocky Patel R4 Double Corona Corojo (7.5" x 52) x25

Cost me 157$ shipped. The Partagas blacks are usually 15$/ea in a smoke shop.

For this weekend, depending on your taste in Cigars, I'd recommend a Diamond Crown Maximus or an Opus X if you can get your hands on 'em. Both are between 20-35/ea in a smoke shop.

Friend of mine just got a bottle of Auchentoshan 21 year for Christmas, and I got a bottle of Balvenie 21 awhile ago. The rest of my Balvenie is being saved for the birth of my first, which is due in February, actually 1 week AFTER SB Sunday lol.

The rest of my Balvenie is being saved for the birth of my first, which is due in February, actually 1 week AFTER SB Sunday lol.
Must have been conceived just after you heard Moss was coming to the Patriots. :rocker:

Must have been conceived just after you heard Moss was coming to the Patriots. :rocker:

May 6th was date of conception supposedly... when did we hear we were getting Moss? lol

Scotch for me! "I love scotch.... scotch, scotch, scotch"

Johnny Walker during the game

and if we win, my traditional (this season) Victory Macallan 18 yr.

this combo has worked for 15 games, i can't see why it won't work for 4 more!
Please don't change your routine. We are counting on you.

BTW: My preferred drink is Johnny Walker Black. I have an unopened bottle of Johnny Walker Blue. Saving it for an occasion.

May 6th was date of conception supposedly... when did we hear we were getting Moss? lol
I believe it was around April 29.....close. :D

Where in so Cal are you? I'm in Laguna Hills...south OC.

Last edited:
I'm in San Diego. Been here since I was 10 in '90 which is about the time frame I got into football and New England Patriots... since I was born in Groton CT :).

My smoking buddy is my first "convert" lol. He wasn't a big NFL fan, but he's really into college ball. He is/was personal friends with Steve Neal (went to HS with 'em back in the day), and recently got into football, so figured he'd root for a team that his smoking buddy did. Just happened to be the 3x SB champs / best team in the league lol.

Last edited:
Please don't change your routine. We are counting on you.

BTW: My preferred drink is Johnny Walker Black. I have an unopened bottle of Johnny Walker Blue. Saving it for an occasion.

Johnny walker Black and Macallan 12 yr are my everyday favorites as well. I have a couple of Blue labels as well...it is a very nice.

Im drinking eggnog I stole from this guy and buying all my booze with his money :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Single malt Talsiker
Starting at kickoff

Vodka Absolut or Stoly - backups are Beer or more vodka GO PATS ALL THE WAY!!!!

Agreed...we'll save the champagne for then. Couple straight shots of Don Julio Anejo will have to suffice.

I've always admired a man who will sacrifice for an important cause....

Not at all, i won the auction with a bid of 790.00 but was willing to go to 850, seeing how the 50 yr old stuff goes for close to 5k, yeas a bit pricey but ill sip and enjoy that scotch for the next 10 years, unless the pats keep breaking records, it could be all gone by february :eek:

Remember...although you paid a goodly price for it (still a bargain!), since you are going to indulge in it, it's no good if you don't enjoy it!

So enjoy!!!

And then tell us about it!

I'll have a cup of green tea. Maybe some tap water.

From CHFF:

A recipe I’m stealing from my friend Gary Regan [www.ardentspirits.com]
because it’s delicious.

Take 2.5 ounces of bourbon, an ounce and a half of freshly squeezed lemon
juice and a half teaspoon of superfine sugar – not confectioner’s sugar: Domino
Superfine. (Get a box, you’ll want it.) Put all that in a ****tail shaker half-full of
ice, shake well and strain into a sour glass (or a martini glass). Garnish with a
fresh orange slice. It’s the absolute cat’s nuts. Don’t serve this to your Aunt
Minnie – it’ll set her glands on fire. Just let her keep drinking the sours she
makes with the mix, and save this stuff for yourself.

My comments:

Take my word on this one. I don't like mixed drinks but this one is a keeper.
Lawdy, this goes down too easy so be careful. You won't make it to the end
of the game if you are careless.

10 characters

Attachments

• 52007s.jpg
    52007s.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 38
Let's just say this.....I will be f'in LOADED!!! For good or for bad....I will be seriously impaired by alcoholic beverages........!!! GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!

Not at all, i won the auction with a bid of 790.00 but was willing to go to 850, seeing how the 50 yr old stuff goes for close to 5k, yeas a bit pricey but ill sip and enjoy that scotch for the next 10 years, unless the pats keep breaking records, it could be all gone by february :eek:

I'm just wondering - seeing as this is Ebay and not an actual auctioneer or distributor with a reputation to maintain, how do you actually know what you are drinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes