PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What are you doing/going to do to cope?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been wanting to buy Playstation 3. Maybe that's what I'll do. Then I can play Madden on rookie and beat the Christ out of everyone.

Seriously, I had a pretty good day at work overall, so I'm not too bad off. And my boss got canned on Thursday, so I couldn't expect everything to go right for me last week!

Eating chocolate and watching mindless TV. Picked up a good book.

Stayed inside the damn house and didn't even get out of PJs.

I am going to Fort Myers for at least 3-4 Spring Training games!

I am also going to see Van Halen with David Lee Roth on 02/20 @ the BankAtlantic Centre just to get my mind off sports for a night.

This may actually make you feel worse....I saw some footage of one of Dave's recent concerts and his voice is shot.....He sounds like a cat in a blender.......enjoy! ;)

This may actually make you feel worse....I saw some footage of one of Dave's recent concerts and his voice is shot.....He sounds like a cat in a blender.......enjoy! ;)

THis is the first real laugh I have had all day....thank you.

I'm not watching ESPN either.... glad to know I'm not alone... I just want this to all go away so I can look forward to the draft. Bad thing is that this season was so historical, good and bad, for us that it will probably never go away.

We still had one hell of a year. Even if it did end in huge disappointment it was, without question, one hell of a ride.

Been playing NBA 2k8 all day, killing everyone, taking the Celts to the finals. 2 CHAMPIONSHIPS IN 1 YEAR IS STILL AWESOME!!!!!!!

Hmmm. What am I going to do?

I'm going to focus completely on my school work and job.

Try not to get too upset when confronted by Cowboy fans. I still admire the whole Patriots organization...especially the way they've handled this loss.

Continue posting on this forum. Keep in touch with the Pats fans I know in Dallas.

NOT watch the 4-letter network or visit their website.

And of course, try to keep things in perspective. :)

I also am avoiding ESPN.

I try not to focus on the negative. It is just too painful. Even thinking about it now I actually feel like I could cry if I wanted to feed it.

Instead I am trying to focus on the positive, at least until the pain is not as sharp and then I can be more objective.

This means I try to be thankful for the incredibly fun season the Pats gave us, with some true nailbiters that they pulled out. When they peaked earlier this year, they were an unstoppable force that was simply jaw-dropping in their ability to score points.

Avoiding listening to Howard Stern on Sirius, as I don't want to hear Artie gloat about the 78k bucks he won on the Giants this weekend. God I hate that.

For that matter, pretty much avoiding all sports-themed media except for this board.

This is a grieving process. What are those cheesy stages of grief?
http://mt.essortment.com/stagesofgri_rvkg.htm

I flew back to the west coast today. I slept for two hours, but didn't know we didn't leave logan until an hour into my sleep. My laptop ran out of battery power and was in too much of fog to bring reading material.

So for the last 2.5 hours, I closed my eyes and tried to dream it didn't happen. Dante Sar came up with a blocking setup that worked. Josh called more rollouts and Brady was able to throw the ball away instead of taking important sacks.

Then I thought...Eli won the Super Bowl? What that their great last drive? Not ours? That's supposed to happen for us.

Stop thinking...stop thinking...

Watching the Celtics, waiting for Spring Training, and waiting for GTA IV to come out (it will easily consume my life for a good couple of months). I'm just not ready to say goodbye to our season. It feels soo wrong, incomplete, robbery.

I was disappointed last night and most of today, but I cheered up tonight when I had my martial arts class. I get emotional with the games but it is not life and death. I am still young. Still good looking. Still have a full head of hair. Still have a good job. Still have a good guitar collection. Would be nice if they had won, but if this is the worst thing i experience this year things will be good.

This loss was way over the top for me,I'll never forget it. So I'm not going to read any papers,listen to andy radio,or watch any sports shows for a while. I spend to much time doing being involved in this anyways. Without exagerating between home and work I spend 10-12 hours a day on this stuff way to much and thats 7 days a week 365 days a year Over the past six months or so I've invested a lot of time, and became to emotionaly envolved with this team. When they finally lost I was in total shock,and disbelief. I won't allow myself to get that invoved again. So tonight/this morning i'm reading a book,i just stopped in to see what was up which is a good sign in accepting the loss. Last night i swore off the Pats which i've been watching for 34 years,like i swore off the Bruins,Celtics,and Red Sox. Those i've stuck to,i haven't watched any off those teams in many years. But i guess i'm back with the Pats (the swearing off) only lasted about 6 hours.

i spent the day beating the ever living crap out of every team on madden 08. i must say, i feel a little better:D

Two words: crime spree.

I am going to rise from the ashes, hideously disfigured, and therefore don a mask and a special costume. Then I will swear vengeance on all mankind, especially Batman, and rise from the ashes as Dark Side The Super Villain spawned by the Super Bowl.

bumped. ten char

Thanks for the bump.

I'm enjoying my family, exercising, and avoiding the media.

Drinking.......... a lot

Avoiding any media..........

------------

Actually, I've come to a pretty good peace with it now. I was devistated by last years loss, and all day Mon-Tues, I walked around in a stupor and just didn't care about much.

Last night, after about 4-5 beers, I came to the sudden realization.......... You know what? Last' years AFCCC gave me fits, and so did this year's SB.................. but for the ENTIRE YEAR (plus a couple weeks), The Patriots brought me nothing but joy and happiness. From the great offseason, minicamps, through all the wins. No other team can say that. An entire year, without my team making pull out my hair. It was fun. It was even fun embracing all the hater crap to. Laughed it all off.

Hell, even the Giants would have set both Coach and QB on fire on multiple occasions this past year. We had a year of wins, happiness and good football. As fans, how can we ask much more.

As for the SB, yeah, sucks we didn't win it, but we have in the recent past and something tells me we'll probably be in the hunt for a few more years too.

I feel MUCH better today.

Last edited:
Drinking.......... a lot

Avoiding any media..........

------------

Actually, I've come to a pretty good peace with it now. I was devistated by last years loss, and all day Mon-Tues, I walked around in a stupor and just didn't care about much.

Last night, after about 4-5 beers, I came to the sudden realization.......... You know what? Last' years AFCCC gave me fits, and so did this year's SB.................. but for the ENTIRE YEAR (plus a couple weeks), The Patriots brought me nothing but joy and happiness. From the great offseason, minicamps, through all the wins. No other team can say that. An entire year, without my team making pull out my hair. It was fun. It was even fun embracing all the hater crap to. Laughed it all off.

Hell, even the Giants would have set both Coach and QB on fire on multiple occasions this past year. We had a year of wins, happiness and good football. As fans, how can we ask much more.

As for the SB, yeah, sucks we didn't win it, but we have in the recent past and something tells me we'll probably be in the hunt for a few more years too.

I feel MUCH better today.

i still don't feel better, but your post is definitely helping. maybe i'll try the four or five beers too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes