PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What are you doing/going to do to cope?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Free_Pacman

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I really have it bad. I live in central Connecticut-I am in no man's land. I would say there are slightly more Giants fans than Patriots fans. These past two days have been some of the worse in my life. Nevertheless I have been taking solice in a few things:

1. We are the better team ( i know for some this may hurt them even more but for some reason I feel better when i think about this)
2. We cant win them all
3. Pats have the 7th pick and we should be able to get an impact player (hopefully a DB)
4. We still have the best coach and QB in the history of football
5. We have the lowest Strength of Schedule next year (there is still a chance we can go 19-0; however small it may be, we still will have the best chance to do it since the 72 Dolphins)
6. It could be worse. 2003 ALCS was the only time i have cried as a sports fan.
7. The Sox just won the WS.
8. Spring Training starts in a few weeks.
9. C's have the best record in the NBA.
10. Messageboards like these have helped me.
11. I am a litte happy for Coughlin after all the crap he wnet through
12. I wont watch ESPN for a few weeks.

What have you been doing to cope?

Haven't decided yet. I'm stuck in horribly depressed mode right now. I can't think of a reason why not to be. They had a once in a lifetime chance and the only way they were going to lose is if they had their worst game and the Giants had a great game, and it happened.

4. We still have the best coach and QB in the history of football

Umm, no. This game did more to tarnish their legacy than any videotaping incident. Not only did they lose the chance to go 19-0, they lost to a team that went 10-6.

are the better team ( i know for some this may hurt them even more but for some reason I feel better when i think about this)

Not yesterday we weren't. The Giants are the NFL Champions and earned it, they were the better team.

Other than that, I agree with your points.

As for what I'm doing to cope, I've already started diving headfirst into the draft. And Pitchers and Catchers in 10 days.

Skipping my classes today and trying to do homework I didn't do over the weekend. Maybe go test drive a car. Read a book. Watch a movie. Not watch ESPN. Just get through this day.

Then, proudly wear my Patriots sweater around campus tomorrow and begin reading info on the upcoming draft class.

Heh, I'm just gonna take it one day at a time.

I live in the heart of Giants country and most of the people who know me are avoiding me like the plague. I, literally, am sitting in a cubical with the hood up on my hoodie and just typing away. All that can be done is to have a stellar draft and bulid up the defense. The idea that the Pats lost this game because they panicked when they had two good solid opportunities to win is still wandering in my mind but all I can do is just hope for a great draft and next year.

And what the hell do I have to complain for? "Next year" happened to me 5 times in my life. (2 with the Sox, 3 with the Pats.) I watched the Patsies turn into a dynasty and the Sox win not just once in my life time, but twice. Was it greed to want another one? Yeah, but greed is good. Next year is coming around and all you can do is plan.

- Avoiding ESPN (except Bill Simmons)

- Focusing a lot more on school

- Keeping an eye on the baseball season and the Celtics

Going to just say this about the Patriots season...it was a hell of a ride and it didn't end the way we wanted it to. Whatever...this team will still compete for many years to come. I still believe 19-0 is possible for these Patriots, and they will be hungrier than ever for it next year. Losses like these, while devastating, help put perspective on things. You can never take anything for granted. I think losing the air of invincibility will make watching this team more interesting, even if they make another run at perfection.

Best way to cope for me is spending time with my 6 month old son. I'm not ashamed to say I gave him a big hug this morning, then welcomed him to the world of being a Boston sports fan.

Living my life like normal. Sports aren't important enough to require a coping mechanism.

Living in Albany, I'm just glad I've been humble this entire time. My co-workers have all been pretty nice about my Pats losing to their Giants.

Best way to cope for me is spending time with my 6 month old son. I'm not ashamed to say I gave him a big hug this morning, then welcomed him to the world of being a Boston sports fan.

This is how we should be it in perspective. As much as the loss hurts, there are more important things in life then this. And in your case, your 6 month old son is a hell of a lot important than the Pats. The only people that should worry about this loss is the Pats organization. We have to think about it this way, would the Pats winning the superbowl really improve our lives? It wouldn't. The Pats winning a superbowl doesn't have any impact on our lives one bit. However, the way I'm going to cope is finish my final semester of college and get my degree in Political Science. Since I live near Los Angeles, I will focus my attention to the Lakers. Also, for the past week my mother has been really sick and I have been taking care of her, so she is more important to me than the Patriots. Lastly, as soon as she feels better, I'm heading back to the gym and taking all my anger out on the weights.

This is how we should be it in perspective. As much as the loss hurts, there are more important things in life then this. And in your case, your 6 month old son is a hell of a lot more important than the Pats. The only people that should worry about this loss is the Pats organization. We have to think about it this way, would the Pats winning the superbowl really improve our lives? It wouldn't. The Pats winning a superbowl doesn't have any impact on our lives one bit. However, the way I'm going to cope is finish my final semester of college and get my degree in Political Science. Since I live near Los Angeles, I will focus my attention to the Lakers. Also, for the past week my mother has been really sick and I have been taking care of her, so she is more important to me than the Patriots. Lastly, as soon as she feels better, I'm heading back to the gym and taking all my anger out on the weights.

This is how we should be it in perspective. As much as the loss hurts, there are more important things in life then this. And in your case, your 6 month old son is a hell of a lot important than the Pats. The only people that should worry about this loss is the Pats organization. We have to think about it this way, would the Pats winning the superbowl really improve our lives? It wouldn't. The Pats winning a superbowl doesn't have any impact on our lives one bit. However, the way I'm going to cope is finish my final semester of college and get my degree in Political Science. Since I live near Los Angeles, I will focus my attention to the Lakers. Also, for the past week my mother has been really sick and I have been taking care of her, so she is more important to me than the Patriots. Lastly, as soon as she feels better, I'm heading back to the gym and taking all my anger out on the weights.

I also have children. Two of them, and always put them above everything. I also know many people who have had trying times that would put the average person on mental disability.

However, regardless how you spin it this loss stings to the core of being. There is a glum numb feeling I have had a few times before. 85 Superbowl, 86 World Series 87 NBA championship and last seasons AFC Champs game. I hate it, but from experience I also know it will go away with success of the next ring. The Red Sox and Patriots have proven this to me in 01 and 04.

For me I will get by, by coaching my son's baseball team again. As well as being there for my daughters Soccer and Volleyball. I also love to read and have purchased tons of books on ebay that I haven't even touched yet. One of the best things about books is you can immerse yourself in them for a couple of hours and close off the outside world.

Hmmmm...sensible thread from the same person who set up a questionable thread on dumping Moss? Puzzling....

Since I work in NYC and my building is right in downtown where the SB parade is going to start tomorrow, I guess I can count myself among the few unfortunate Pats fans in the downtown area who really need to be strong:

How I am coping:

- Realizing that the Giants deserved this W and that the taste of this loss is not as bad as last year's AFCCG
- Act classy by sincerely wishing the Giants fans whom I know about how awesome they played
- Smile at the imbecile Jets fans here who have suddenly become a Giants fan
- No TV or sports website (other than this) for the whole week
- Work is crazy, thank goodness, and that keeps the depression at bay even though it creeps up on me suddenly during the day
- Evening/night - plan to watch all HD programs/movies for the entire week in my new surround sound
- Hope that spygate II (which I am 99.43874% sure had in some way distracted our players and coaches without giving them time to shut it out) does not morphe into another tarnishing story by itself

I just ate a big old bowl of ice cream. That made me feel a little better.

This effing sucks though. I just passed by my Brady jersey where I left it last night and I got sad.

hmm..watch knicks games, and lurk the forum

What we are all suffering is due to the success of the Pats in recent

years. As soon as we won back to back Superbowls, the standard

for success was set. Winning the Superbowl is a successful season

and not winning it is dire failure.

When I started following the Pats in 1960, more wins than losses was

a good season. The frosting on the cake was getting into the playoffs.

We got into the Superbowl a couple of times before Bill Belichick but we

fans were happy just getting to the game itself.

One encouraging thing is that the Pats have a good nucleus of a team.

A little tweaking here and there and we can be at the big show again next

year. Any team with Tom Brady and Bill Belichick will be competitive.

11. I am a litte happy for Coughlin after all the crap he wnet through

Actually agree with that point. I guess it's nice that Strahan also won, but wish he did it some other year :p

Umm, no. This game did more to tarnish their legacy than any videotaping incident. Not only did they lose the chance to go 19-0, they lost to a team that went 10-6.

No, if you're going to look at it that way, they lost to a team that was 13-6. [And any team they lost to would have to have at least 3 losses.]

And that's not nearly as embarrassing--recordwise--as the 2004 Pats losing to a nearly winless 'lphins team.

What [will you do] to cope?

I am going to Fort Myers for at least 3-4 Spring Training games!

I am also going to see Van Halen with David Lee Roth on 02/20 @ the BankAtlantic Centre just to get my mind off sports for a night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back