PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What are the top five things to do in place of no NFL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

furley

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
My guess is you...

5. Take up watching another professional winter* sport
4. Go out and do more with family and/or friends
3. Take up a recreational activity such as skiing or Ice fishing
2. Play a football video game
1. Watch your DVDs of your home team in the Super Bowl, or read up on the history of the franchise

There's also the Winter Olympic Games held every four years, the next one happens in 2014. But the NFL should be back by then.

* There could be an impending NBA lockout too.

There is also this piece of truth: The NFL has become our crack. Its popularity, for the foreseeable future, is unshakeable. If games are missed and you become angry, it won't matter, because you'll be back. We'll all be back.

There's no negotiating when nobody wants to give ground - NFL - CBSSports.com Football

probably start getting better grades because i can do stuff on sunday. That and watch college ball much much more

I won't be back from Afghanistan until early November anyway. Between the NCAA and the NHL season starting in November, I'll be ok. I'll miss it, but the longer it's gone the less I will notice.

I won't be back from Afghanistan until early November anyway. Between the NCAA and the NHL season starting in November, I'll be ok. I'll miss it, but the longer it's gone the less I will notice.

Stay safe, and keep your head down. And thank you :)

Watch one of these:

1)Baseball
2)Basketball
3)Hockey
4)Soccer
5)If you're REALLY desperate....cricket.

Damn it, sucks that both basketball and football could be locked out.
Well....let's go bruins!

Spend more time with family

Work out more

Read books of value

Read books for entertainment

ad infinitum

Well during the off-season the new Super League (Rugby League) season has started, which keeps me occupied until November, then if the NFL is locked out, we get 5-6 NCAA games a week shown here (4 live, 2 through the week on delay) and the MLB.

The NFL just means my 2 favourite sports are on year round with a slight overlap with the end of the Rugby and start of the NFL, then the week following the super bowl, the rugby starts, so it works out great :D a lockout will annoy me though college games just aren't the same.

here's a fun tip....squash your nose with one hand and turn your ear in on itself with the other and you have the perfect Rugby League look going on...cauliflower anyone?...:rofl:

here's a fun tip....squash your nose with one hand and turn your ear in on itself with the other and you have the perfect Rugby League look going on...cauliflower anyone?...:rofl:

That's the other Rugby :D (Union) the cauliflower is caused by the scrums/rucks/mauls...only one of them happens in League :cool:

EDIT:

If you've never seen a game, try find somewhere to watch a game it's one of the most un-noticed sports out there and one of the best.

Last edited:
big rugby fan...went down under in the 90's and got hooked...always thought there should be a pipeline of punters to the NFL from the ranks of the rugby leagues...I saw guys litterally kicking the ball 80 yards like it was a day in the park

Watch one of these:

1)Baseball
2)Basketball
3)Hockey
4)Soccer
5)If you're REALLY desperate....cricket.

1) Already do
2) Already do
3) Already do
4) Already do
5) :wha:

I watch a lot of sports but without football I will be an emotional wreck.

Well, given that I have seen what my class will look like next year and they are likely going to be a handful, that will keep me occupied. Then I have season tickets to UConn football and the Red Sox...oh and my son will be two by next fall. I'll be plenty busy.

The NFL would be a welcome distraction from it all though. A VERY welcome distraction. Get a deal done!

1)Bruins
2)Celtics
3)Motogp

Catch up on DVDs you've been meaning to watch.

Of course, if you're Rex Ryan. . . . :eek:

Catch up on DVDs you've been meaning to watch.

Of course, if you're Rex Ryan. . . . :eek:
oh man seeing Rex show up weighing 420 for week 1 would make a month layoff almost worth it.

oh man seeing Rex show up weighing 420 for week 1 would make a month layoff almost worth it.

I was thinking more along the lines of his choice of entertainment, but that's a disturbing enough thought on its own. :eek:

Since rugby has been mentioned in a couple of posts, the World Cup is being held this year, September 9 -October 23.

Anything but watch baseball...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots