PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WHAT are the keys for the Pats to win against Baltimore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stcjones

Pro Bowl Player
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
First and foremost I think that our D has to contain the running game....stack the box.....and make Flacco beat us through the air. We need to also blitz often......We need to establish activity early with edelman or some other 3rd down or slot receptions to take their D off their game.........we need SOME other WR besides Moss to step up and make some big plays......we need the TE's to be involved ALOT!!! When is the last time we keyed on the TE on dump offs or for short yardage....I don't think we are utilizing them enough this season.... The OL needs to give Brady time and PROTECT HIM......IF Brady could get some time....he could make alot more plays....alot of his errors and misses come from matt light or Nick kaczur getting ***** slapped or laying down like ****ies....and Brady having no time to get something done......We need to also establish the run game.....Maroney....give him the rock.....what is the worst that can happen? Pats are being counted out by every talking head right now.....Give Maroney the ball.....and Taylor especially.....and please for the love of gawd OL.....BLOCK someone.......This team has RARELY played a complete game.........PLAY a complete game....get everyone playing on all cylinders......the secondary do NOT have to be incredible to win this game....they need to be only "good"........Flacco is not Brady.....their receivers are not their best weapons....their defense and their run game are.......We should win this game......GO PATS.......PS.....sorry for the rambling......

Last edited:
I think on D stop the run well enough to make them pass, and defend the pass well enough to get a turnover or two.
Oh, and GOOD tackling.

On O, if we can run well enough to get the Baltimore D respecting run, we'll be doing well. Play action, vertical passing, short passing, etc, will work from there. If we don't establish the run well enough, Baltimore's D will have a much easier time with our O and we could be in trouble.

I think on D stop the run well enough to make them pass, and defend the pass well enough to get a turnover or two.
Oh, and GOOD tackling.

On O, if we can run well enough to get the Baltimore D respecting run, we'll be doing well. Play action, vertical passing, short passing, etc, will work from there. If we don't establish the run well enough, Baltimore's D will have a much easier time with our O and we could be in trouble.

very good points. ESTABLISH our running game......and DEFEND well against their running game.....THAT could very well be the key. Flacco is prone to make mistakes. Merriweather, Bodden, even springs.....are ready to accept those errors. Wilhite is a weak link and I would rather see Butler in there and lose...than see this guy burned over and over. Pats are gonna win......GO PATS!!!!!

Score more points...... If they do that, they move on!

Set up the pass with the run, play a balanced game offensively, get an early lead and force Baltimore to throw.

The offensive and defensive lines. Everything starts with these guys. If they play well, we won't lose.

Offensive key: Score more points than our defense allows

Defensive key: Hold the Ravens to fewer points than our offense scores.

matt light or Nick kaczur getting ***** slapped or laying down like ****ies....
I love the internet.

on offense brady and moss, need to put points on the bord

on D they have to stop the passing game i don't care how good the ravens run the football if they can't pass it will only get them FG's

For some reason, this Ravens D has been vulnerable against the run this year.

I haven't watched many Ravens games, but when I saw them against the Vikings, they gave up like their 4th straight 100 yard rusher.

Especially considering that teams go with multiple backs now(and not just 1 featured back anymore), giving up 100 yards to one particular runner says ALOT. Heck, even if any team doesn't give up a 100 yard runner for an entire year, it doesn't mean much.

an early lead
pressure on flacco
score enough points to absorb whatever the D gives up in the fourth quarter.

To me, the #1 key to a Patriots victory will be to have a run-heavy offense. If Brady has to throw the ball more than 35 times, that will probably spell disaster.

With the Ravens it is essential to remain cool, stay in the game, manage your frustrations, and watch as they self-destruct. They are always good for one or more extremely costly penalty or batch of penalties, one beanbag thrown into the stands, one temper tantrum because a big play didn't go their way.

My game plan would be to probe what you can get on the ground, depending whether Ngata is 100% healthy (or of course, if you can run on a healthy Ngata-anchored line, so much the better.) The short and medium routes will be there, though Moss might be covered much of the night. Throw to him here and there anyway and keep the field stretched. Just avoid the int. while doing so.

If you get Ben Watson matched up on Lewis, I like that matchup. Lewis' best days are behind him, although he's still a good player. But Watson's a physical freak in his prime. On another offense his receiving #s would be insane, and we might just have a need for that presence this game.

5 or more penalties and I think we'll know we've won this game, regardless of the score when the 5th flag falls. :)

PFnV

There's a couple of keys for the Pats to win this game. The first is a skeleton key. If we get the skeleton key, we can pretty much open any door possible. The second is a Kwikset. :singing:

Our D needs to stay fresh and not burn out by the 4th quarter. Our O needs to stay fresh and keep scoring points in the 2nd half, or at least move the ball and give the D some breathers. Smart play calling. Don't go 5 wide and no backfield when it's 3rd and 2; don't key on Moss and ignore Ben Watson and Chris Baker; DON'T FUMBLE LOMO; mix it up; keep putting the law firm in as full back for Fred Taylor; pedal to the metal the entire game. This is for keeps guys.

Well I unfortunately forgot to post my 5 keys to victory last week and the Patriots ended up losing. When I posted my 5 keys vs Jacksonville, they executed all 5 IMO and ended up winning convincingly. Thankfully you reminded me with this thread. So after hours of film study on Baltimore I came up with 5 keys for this week:

1. Run the ball well
2. Defend the run well
3. Pass the ball well
4. Defend the pass well
5. Limit the mistakes

I firmly believe we win tomorrow if we stick to the 5 keys. If we don't, we could be in trouble!

I think a key is winning the coin toss. And deferring to the 2nd half. I always think it's a huge bonus to have the lead going into halftime and getting the ball to start the 2nd half. Unfortunately, it seems that when this scenario has happened this year, the Pats have yet to be able to get that TD score that could make the game, one more score away from being over...

I want to see the tackling we saw in the Jags game. That was a whole level of tackling they haven't shown all year.

I'd also like to see Vince and Wright rotate lot's, keeping them both operation for the fourth quarter when they need to smacking Flacco and Rice in the face.

Collapsing the pocket fast is a must.

On offense I have two words only: TIGHT ENDS

Baker and Watson cannot be ignored, but keep them blocking for the first half and they might be.

Halting the Ravens rushing game early by stopping Rice between the tackles. Setting the edge on outside runs.

Offensively, the Pats secondary receivers such as Edelman and the tight ends MUST NOT DROP CATCHABLE BALLS!!!! The Pats backs need a few 5-plus yard rushes early.

On both sides of the ball, the Pats need plays in the second half, especially in the 4th quarter

JMHO. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The key will be to act like we belong in the playoffs.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes