PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What Are the Jets Video Taping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to do a video on that pic tonight.

From what I saw in the video, the Jets Camera dude was pointing (it looks like) to our sidelines. Then the CBS camera moved from Schotty's face and back to the action where the Jets set on their 3rd down snap. The camera was still aiming w. 18 seconds left on the snap clock.

I hope Ian archives this pic so it's handy if anyone wants to grab it every time a jets fan comes in here and brings up the subject.

That badge allows him on Jets sideline and in Jets locker room. I imagine the camera man on the Pats sideline uses Pats credentials.
Nope. I've received and issued enough passes to recognize a staff badge when I see one.

If he worked for NFL Films, his badge would say something like "NFL" or "Media". The NFL also generally doesn't restrict media to only one sideline or only one locker room. It says "Staff" because he works for the Jets.

Spygate was nothing according to Jimmie Johnson but the media made it into something.

Spygate was because BB videotaped defensive signals after Goodell issued a statement not to videotape defensive signals. How is a picture of something that is on every team's sideline somehow equivalent?

Spygate was because BB videotaped defensive signals after Goodell issued a statement not to videotape defensive signals. How is a picture of something that is on every team's sideline somehow equivalent?

Goodell issued a statement not to videotape defensive signals? I must have missed that. They reinforced the rules about camera placement on the field, that's why the Patriots were fined. You CANNOT have video equipment on the sidelines, that's the rule violation. I find it very funny how some people can be so assertive about things they have no idea about.

This is the rule right? I mean are they not breaking it regardless of what they were taping? Why are you guys treating this lightly? Am I missing something? This is Big ******* Deal!

You guys just don't get it, do you? The Jets received permission from the Patriots to film on the field.

Q: Did you ever steal signals?

JJ: Oh in a heartbeat, yeah. Yes I did.

Q: Via video, Jimmy? Or no?

JJ: Oh yeah, I did it with video and so did a lot of other teams in the league. Just to make sure that you could study it and take your time, because you’re going to play the other team the second time around. But a lot of coaches did it, this was commonplace.

Q: But did you do it by taping the signal caller?

JJ: Yeah.

Q: Oh you did.

JJ: That’s what I’m saying. I was saying one of Marty Schottenheimer’s scouts, Mark Hatley, who has passed away now, Mark told me that’s how they did it, and Howard Mudd their offensive line coach with Kansas City, who now coaches for Tony Dungy, he was the best in the entire league at stealing signals.

Q: Where’d you put your guy who was videotaping? Where was he?

JJ: My guy was up with my camera crew in the press box. So you’d just put an extra camera up with your camera crew in the press box who zoomed in on the signal callers. That’s the best way to do it, but anyway you can’t always do that because the press box camera crew might be on the same side as the opposing team. If they’re on the same side as the opposing team that’s when you need to do it from the sideline.

It was nothing.

More than a dozen photos of a Jets badged camera man filming before and after the Pats were busted in 07 wasn't investigated. This one sure as hell won't be.

They were investigated. The conclusion of the investigation was, however, creative.

hopefully the pats can get the jets 1st round pick? no? so which one of you guys is going to leak this to the media?

Whenever the league takes a team's draft pick away*, it just goes away and every team behind them just picks one earlier. Like the docked pick never existed in the first place. They don't give the pick to another team.

*not saying this does or doesn't deserve some serious discipline by the league. That being said, I want some serious answers from the Jets and the league right bleeping now!

Last edited:
Goodell issued a statement not to videotape defensive signals? I must have missed that. They reinforced the rules about camera placement on the field, that's why the Patriots were fined. You CANNOT have video equipment on the sidelines, that's the rule violation. I find it very funny how some people can be so assertive about things they have no idea about.

You did:

That was re-emphasized in a memo sent Sept. 6 to NFL head coaches and general managers. In it, Ray Anderson, the league's executive vice president of football operations, wrote:"Videotaping of any type, including but not limited to taping of an opponent's offensive or defensive signals, is prohibited on the sidelines, in the coaches' booth, in the locker room or at any other locations accessible to club staff members during the game."

Belichick draws $500,000 fine, but avoids suspension - NFL - ESPN

It was nothing.

I agree it was nothing. That isn't what I was arguing. The fact is that BB wasn't penalized because they had a camera on the sidelines. They were penalized because BB ignored Goodell's order regarding taping signals and pissed him off.

Nope. I've received and issued enough passes to recognize a staff badge when I see one.

If he worked for NFL Films, his badge would say something like "NFL" or "Media". The NFL also generally doesn't restrict media to only one sideline or only one locker room. It says "Staff" because he works for the Jets.
also the annoying JETS font:
110929-splash-ring-of-honor-sweeps-700.jpg

Last edited:
There are camera's on the sidelines of every NFL game. Does anyone think that if this were anything against the rules that they would put him on the sidelines with a Jets shirt and Jets credentials on? This is nothing.

I checked google images and came up with a bunch of closeups of NFL camera guys on the field. They all wore credentials without team logos on them. NFL insignia only.

Last edited:
WTF ..lol, this is my pic .. gonna be all over the internet now .. shat

It's in at least two threads on another major NFL forum. Don't worry though. If anything comes out of this, you'll be famous.

Oh wait. You live in NY. You're screwed:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye