PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What are the chances???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger44

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Graham has been an injury bust this year, and there is all the speculation that he is going to walk. Tony Gonzalez seems to be having trouble signing with KC. Is there a chance that we could go after Gonzo in FA. I know it would be difficult to justify big money with an aging player, but he would look great in a Pats uni, and I know Brady would go crazy. Yes, it is a dream, but let Graham walk and sign Gonzo.

I would rather go after a big time defensive player, either lb or safety. Seems like it takes a few years to develop this position player, and so why not go after a proven player. Defense still wins championships. Our offense is in the rebuilding stage and will prosper soon enough.

scout said:
I would rather go after a big time defensive player, either lb or safety. Seems like it takes a few years to develop this position player, and so why not go after a proven player. Defense still wins championships. Our offense is in the rebuilding stage and will prosper soon enough.

Your right - now, close your eyes and picture Tony Gonzales in a Pats uni.....you gotta like that dream.

Digger44 said:
Graham has been an injury bust this year, and there is all the speculation that he is going to walk. Tony Gonzalez seems to be having trouble signing with KC. Is there a chance that we could go after Gonzo in FA. I know it would be difficult to justify big money with an aging player, but he would look great in a Pats uni, and I know Brady would go crazy. Yes, it is a dream, but let Graham walk and sign Gonzo.

The Patriots drafted Graham's replacement this year, Dave Thomas.

Digger44 said:
Ummm what are the chances of you being an idiot??

Hmmm I'd say 1 in 1.

can you say adalius thomas now thats the guy i would like to see on the pats!

If we all click our heels together and say, "there's no place like home," there'll be an opportunity to scout Gonzalez when we give Thanksgiving.

Slim to none, Pats rarely sign high priced free agents. And they have done pretty well in the draft with that position.

i think too that Thomas is Graham substitute starting next year but i would simply love to have Gonzo with us

Plus, I think we already have our "Offensive TE Weapon" in Watson. Graham is the blocking TE (and a damn good one at that), so I don't think we would sign Gonzalez to replace Graham, but to replace Watson. That being said, it would be sweet to happen, but I would prefer the money being spent on defense.

no chance...just no need to get someone like that here..NOT with the way things are..other priorities first..that simple..

No chance
Tunescribe nailed it,that's why thomas was drated.
If gonzo was a charger(maybe):p
Watson fills gonzo's role in this offense,A blocking TE for low money is an option,but expect to see another TE drafted,probably no higher than 3rd-4th rd.

I love Gonzo but Adaleus is the Thomas I would be spending my $ on.

I can't see it.

Too expensive!

Too old!

Already have three young tight ends.
Watson and Thomas aren't as accomplished blockers but better catchers. I agree with the poster who cited Thomas as the Gonzalez of our team. We haven't taken advantage of his skills yet.

Mills will fill the 3rd spot next year.

I love Graham's blocking but he will want more money than he's worth and he misses a lot of games.

i dont think Graham is happy here. i remember reading hes a little dissapointed being used primarily as a blocker. hes underrated as receiver..strong and hard to take down but since Watson is here..Graham is the blocker and im pretty sure hes not happy about it so hes a goner

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back