PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What are the chances we will have a new receiver after the bye week

Status
Not open for further replies.

hallfamebrady

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Interested in your opinions.

I think it is a combination of Brady having a subpar start along with below average receivers.

Brady - he is getting too many balls batted down. He is also off on a number of his throws. I wonder if he is hurt.

Receivers - everyone expect Troy has been invisible. Chad Jackson has all the makings of the next U of Florida bust.

well there are 2 sides to every coin.

There happens to be 2 sides to this situation as well.

Either we sign a new receiver
Or we decide not to.

Those are the 2 options. We will choose 1 of the 2. But not both.

Keegs said:
well there are 2 sides to every coin.

There happens to be 2 sides to this situation as well.

Or we decide not to.

I hope we decide to. We do not have a down field threat right now. Good teams are going to crowd the line and take away the run.

hallfamebrady said:
I hope we decide to. We do not have a down field threat right now. Good teams are going to crowd the line and take away the run.
well we have 2 options.

Run the ball and pass the ball..... we can do one or the other but not both at the same time.

Keegs said:
Or we decide not to.

:wha:

Somebody needs to explain the "law of the excluded middle" to Keegs. . . . :rolleyes:

hallfamebrady said:
Interested in your opinions.

I think it is a combination of Brady having a subpar start along with below average receivers.

Brady - he is getting too many balls batted down. He is also off on a number of his throws. I wonder if he is hurt.

Receivers - everyone expect Troy has been invisible. Chad Jackson has all the makings of the next U of Florida bust.
My guess is NO.

No need to bring in another receiver, lets just work on getting Chad Jackson up to speed.

I say no. Plenty of receivers to work in over the break.

what are the chances of us having a new offensive coordinator by the bye week??

hopefully very very very high.

Keegs said:

What are the chances that you can log off for a while, boychick?

Slim and none.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Slim and none.

What are the chances Chad Jackson is going to be a bust? I think pretty good at this point.

hallfamebrady said:
What are the chances Chad Jackson is going to be a bust? I think pretty good at this point.

Huh????:confused: ...

I doubt it and even if we do will it be a player worthy of signing? (Johnathan Smith & Bam Childress for example-just a moving in and out of roster player) - You all know we are not gonna pay top dollar for a receiver or we would have kept Deion another year or so....so if we do sign someone,he's gonna be either working at Walmart right now before getting a call from Bill or cut by a bad team (Charles Rogers for example) - Forget the idiotic Randy Moss or Jerry Porter trade crap,they won't come here for pocket change and a 1 yr contract which is why Deion and David are gone,You're gonna get a bottom dollar no name receiver if anything which won't help the cause-As Bill Would Say 'The Receiving Core Is What It Is'.

hallfamebrady said:

Yeah, this is probably true because the first few games is a pretty good indicator of how a player is going to pan out.

Thus I can safely say that Marvin Harrison was a bust and Terry Glenn was the best WR of all-time.

Keegs said:

I think we've got greater concerns. And, "yes," I do believe we might pick up another receiver. We certainly need to.

I've decided that I want Moss on this team.

He isn't what he used to be in terms of skills, but we need that depth at WR.

Saban's game plan on defence was pretty clear today: stop the run and force Brady to throw to his receivers. They definitely exposed the weakest part of our offense. If this isn't a wakeup call telling us to pick up another receiver, I don't know what is.

I'm sure that Brady and his current crop of receivers will continue to work together over the next two weeks, but we need a good deep threat. We've got to be able to spread the defence a bit. I sure hope we will pick up somebody over the break.

sieglo said:
I've decided that I want Moss on this team.

He isn't what he used to be in terms of skills, but we need that depth at WR.
Moss won't play here for Bam Childress money - Case Closed - We are likely saving $$$ for Samuel and Graham extensions among others who are FAs next year.

hallfamebrady said:

Yup, a bust. Kind of like this guy:

28 receptions
329 yards
1 td

Or this guy:

10 receptions
154 yards
0 td

And this guy:

15 receptions
246 yards
0 td

Those are Chad Johnson, Steve Smith, Hines Ward's rookie numbers, respectively. :bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back