• 90% or greater

Votes: 15 30.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Free_Pacman

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I personally believe it's about 25% especially how I just heard from Schefter that he is not going to give the Patriots a discount

Sorry, I will stand under the sky and not be afraid.

It's been at 90% or greater, and I've seen nothing to suggest a change.

People need to chill. They stayed up on Thursday night expecting to see Moss re-signed at 12:01 and are disappointed when he doesn't. Give me a break. I can't believe some have even resigned themselves to the "fact" that he won't be back when we're (*gasp!*) 36 hours into free agency.

It just goes to show you what modern media has done to these type of dealings. Everyone wants to know every little development and every little detail. This blog says that, and it's life. This website says this, and it's death. This TV station says something else, and it's life again. All in the matter of an hour, and I guarantee you most people on this board will believe everything and hang their support of the Patriots on it.

6-10 here we come! Woohoo!

100% chance he will sign. I'm not worried about it at all.

Last edited:
They have had a deal in place for a while now.

They're not announcing it for purely strategic reasons, to keep the rest of the league guessing.

There's no advantage to announcing something like Moss's signing early.

The Pats are the kings of secrecy.

Well, it must be great to not be worried, but I am. They had plenty of time to negotiate a discount deal- the only reason for Moss to still be a free agent is that he wants to see what's out there. Once he explores the open market, it's basically only a matter of how much more some other team with loads of cap space is offering.

Do I think he could still sign here? Certainly, I voted 50%. I don't see how anyone can consider it a slam dunk at this point, though.

They have had a deal in place for a while now.

They're not announcing it for purely strategic reasons, to keep the rest of the league guessing.

There's no advantage to announcing something like Moss's signing early.

The Pats are the kings of secrecy.

I was speculating that too, and I certainly wouldn't put it past them, but the more plausible explanation is that Randy wants top dollar. If it eventually came out that your plan was the truth, then I wouldn't be surprised at all, but I'm not ready to go and assume that that's the case.

99%

Randy clearly wants to stay, Patriots want him to stay, or so I'd imagine so chill out. There only one way Moss doesn't get signed and thats if he's asking for rediculous amounts. We can afford a good contract for Moss so it should get done, if, infact, it isn't already.

It's too quiet for an openly available Randy Moss.

Last edited:
<< but the more plausible explanation is that Randy wants top dollar. >>

I don't know... Tommy B was adamant that he would "retire with Moss". It sounded pretty clear that Tommy + Moss had/have something very special.

I see Moss as the type of player who hasn't had many friends... hasn't really ever fit in. Now he's finally found his main man in Tommy B, I find it very, very difficult to believe that he would leave that comfort for a few million extra bucks.

It just doesn't make sense to me. The more probable scenario is that Moss and Brady not only said they wanted to stay together, but clearly agreed to do so. The only question then is when you announce it.

There is no advantage to the Pats in announcing a Moss extension on day 1 of FA. Instead, you keep it under wraps for a bit, forcing other teams to set aside cash to try to sign Moss. That gives you trading leverage.

Now you can't keep the charade up forever, because at some point it does start hurting Moss's and the Pats public perception (as we see here, claims of greed, FO incompetence, etc)...

My prediction is that we get the official announcement of the Moss signing today or tomorrow.

If we haven't heard anything by Monday, I'd start to get a little concerned.

<< but the more plausible explanation is that Randy wants top dollar. >>

I don't know... Tommy B was adamant that he would "retire with Moss". It sounded pretty clear that Tommy + Moss had/have something very special.

Previously, Brady had something very special with Deion Branch; he went to bat for him to the FO, and pleaded with them for him to be signed. He wasn't. Very early on, Lawyer Milloy was one of Brady's best friends on the team. The FO just doesn't make decisions based on who Brady likes, and I consider that to be a good thing.

I see Moss as the type of player who hasn't had many friends... hasn't really ever fit in. Now he's finally found his main man in Tommy B, I find it very, very difficult to believe that he would leave that comfort for a few million extra bucks.

This is definitely the more compelling part of the argument to me. Either Moss is signing with the Pats, or he has been lying about his priorities all year. Neither would shock me, but I'd have to lean in the direction of "he wants to be here enough to take a couple million less in order to stay."

It just doesn't make sense to me. The more probable scenario is that Moss and Brady not only said they wanted to stay together, but clearly agreed to do so. The only question then is when you announce it.

There is no advantage to the Pats in announcing a Moss extension on day 1 of FA. Instead, you keep it under wraps for a bit, forcing other teams to set aside cash to try to sign Moss. That gives you trading leverage.

I agree that it gives the Pats leverage, and agree that there's a great chance that this is exactly what they're doing; I'm just not willing to accept it as a certainty. It doesn't seem unrealistic to me at all that Randy might just want the money.

My prediction is that we get the official announcement of the Moss signing today or tomorrow.

If that's the case, then I'll agree with you that it was a tactic on their parts all along, for sure.

99%

Randy clearly wants to stay, Patriots want him to stay, or so I'd imagine so chill out. There only one way Moss doesn't get signed and thats if he's asking for rediculous amounts. We can afford a good contract for Moss so it should get done, if, infact, it isn't already.

It's too quiet for an openly available Randy Moss.

I'm starting to think that the Pats didn't franchise Moss simply because

they did not want to pay him franchise money.

I'm starting to think that the Pats didn't franchise Moss simply because

they did not want to pay him franchise money.

I agree. I think that the Stallworth deal is how much they value the WR position. Randy showed he was the best WR in the league last year and now he feels like he should be paid like it.

I think Randy is pissed that they lost the SB, and that he blames the coaching staff, and as such he is not as happy in NE as he once was. With this goes his willingness to give a hometown discount. I know I'm basing this on very little but I don't see why else he would be holding out for what is probably an few extra million dollars or a year or two on the contract. You know something is up after him saying how he was in the perfect situation for him last year.

Well I said it was always going to happen, and still believe it will.. But now its no better than 50-50

i think hes gone. say bye bye to moss. he would have been signed already if the pats were going to get him.

Last edited:
I'd say our chances are 50/50. I keep reading conflicting reports and don't really know what to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back