PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What are the Bills thinking?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coast2CoastPatsFan

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Drafting Donte Whitner with the 8th overall pick? Solid player, but looks like a reach to me. Could've traded down and still selected him. Any opinions out there?

Last edited:
it might actually work out for them..in round 2 they can take Gabe Watson or McCargo while at SS Bullocks, Bing have a chance to go there but its a bigger risk

Coast2CoastPatsFan said:
Drafting Donte Whitner with the 10th overall pick? Solid player, but looks like a reach to me. Could've traded down and still selected him. Any opinions out there?

LOTS of other guys on the board at that pick

Once they decided that Los(t)man is a better QB than Leinart or Cutler :)rofl:) then there's no reason not to move back... looking at what Denver just did its clear they could have found a partner and picked at 15 to grab Whitner

Unless they were fearful of another team snatching him up higher than expected then I think this is a reach.

Reach no doubt

re

Hey, interesting draft so far.

I think the Bills thought all along they would have Huff at #8.
The Raiders pulled a fast one, snubbed Leinart, and grabbed Huff.
The Bills reached out of fear, confusion, and chaos.

Maybe they just want to keep letting us in the playoffs every year.

That'd be nice.

like i said...it might be pretty smart for them to do what they are doing

Whitner is a very good Safety..trying him in 2nd would be a risk and theres no one ask complete as him at SS..hes a better cover guy than Bing..Bullocks and few others. Gabe Watson or Rodrique Wright or McCargo will likely fall to round 2 without a big risk of losing a chance on them

Based on consensus, it definitely seems like a reach, but if they really think there were a few teams that would have taken their guy, they might as well get him when they can.

Still, it seems like they could have picked up a pick by moving down a few spots.

Now they trade up, giving up their 2nd and 3rd for McCargo.:eek:

Please Tags, keep the Bills in Buffalo! :D

i love the Buffalo Bills. they are by far the funnest team to watch draft and manage in the division.

Marvs' mind is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back