PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What are the best Draft sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevedogc

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I know we are still more then two months away from the draft and most sites don't have all of their info up yet, but I was curious who you guys think have the best draft sites? And do you tend to find more or better information on pay sites then on the free ones. There are alot of good posters on these boards with very good knowledge and information regarding the Draft and I was curious where you got it from. I myself enjoy talking and reading about the draft, but I am not a big College Football fan. I generally only watch local stuff (BC) or when the major bowls come around. It annoys me that I will read someone talk about a specific player and I will go look him up on a draft site, and one site will have him and the other won't.

stevedogc said:
I know we are still more then two months away from the draft and most sites don't have all of their info up yet, but I was curious who you guys think have the best draft sites? And do you tend to find more or better information on pay sites then on the free ones. There are alot of good posters on these boards with very good knowledge and information regarding the Draft and I was curious where you got it from. I myself enjoy talking and reading about the draft, but I am not a big College Football fan. I generally only watch local stuff (BC) or when the major bowls come around. It annoys me that I will read someone talk about a specific player and I will go look him up on a draft site, and one site will have him and the other won't.

Well just check out nfldraftcountdown.com and then go to links and check out the different draft sites there I really think that the hailredskins Mock Database site is one thats pretty good to me but check it out and let me know which one there you like best.

Free ones:

NFLfans.com
Great Blue North
NFL Draft Countdown
Draft Showcase
Football's Future
Draft Daddy

Paysites:

NFL Draft Blitz
NFL Draft Scout
Kiper

For free sites, I like (in descending order):
http://www.gbnreport.com/
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com
http://www.footballsfuture.com/

But one pay site sticks out in my mind as head and shoulders above:
http://www.nfldraftscout.com
This is the one place where the draftnik can truly geek out -- e.g., sort a table of CBs by their shuttle times.

I also subscribe to the The Huddle Report, largely for entertainment value. They're amusing and opinionated and can offer a nice fresh perspective on players...but you have to take it all with a grain of salt.

Anybody know other pay sites that are actually worth the money?

Just an FYI regarding NFLDraftScout.com. That is the site that the NFL now uses to get all its prospect information for NFL.com

stevedogc said:

I'd liker to know if the football writer for the Dallas newspaer whose name I don't remember has a draft web page. I thouhgt he called unknowns Mankins, Hobbs and Scott as good players and higher picks when no one else did EXCEPT Bill and Scott. And they only said so by using their picks on these guys.

I think the writer's name might start with an R...

AzPatsFan said:
I'd liker to know if the football writer for the Dallas newspaer whose name I don't remember has a draft web page. I thouhgt he called unknowns Mankins, Hobbs and Scott as good players and higher picks when no one else did EXCEPT Bill and Scott. And they only said so by using their picks on these guys.

I think the writer's name might start with an R...
Think you're talking about Rick Gosselin.

The Huddle report use to be very good. But, last year they changed from free to pay.

If you go to GBN and click on their draft links, you will be able to find a lot good ones.

With the draft now at the last weekend in April, it's going to be a long haul. They should have it the first weekend after March Madness. Don't understand why they keep dragging it out.

NFL draft countdown is great for individual prospect profiles. I tend to rely on great blue north for rumors and trends for individual players. There was a small site called "Patriots draft" that, while lacking in general information, had one of the most dead-on mocks I had ever seen.

A new site from a bunch of people that left NFL Draft Blitz is up. It'll be free and should be much better than what people were seeing at Blitz.

I'll put the link in my sig, since I know I don't like people spamming.

http://www.draftboardinsider.com/mock/2006.html

This is another good site I haven't seen mentioned. You can see a players rating scale on all facets. Speed, blitz pick-up, hands, strength, intellligence, man coverage, zone coverage. You get the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back