PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What are Jets Players & Fans so Angry About?

Status
Not open for further replies.
for me, i narrowed it down to the QB grasp or helmet catch..but helmet catch takes the cake

well the league likes the NY market that's for sure....that's the only reason most Jet fans think their team is legit....brainwashed by the hype. :cool:

No helmet catches this year son

My favorite part was watching Tom Brady and the most prolific offense in the history of the NFL .

AND more bad news......this years Patriot team is better. Troll

well the league likes the NY market that's for sure....that's the only reason most Jet fans think their team is legit....brainwashed by the hype. :cool:

No helmet catches this year son

And not to mention we have a Jets' hack in Commish office, which......hhhhhhhmmmmm just by coincidence seems to be in NYC, imagine that.

EZ76

being born

I can't speak for anyone other than myself, but FOR ME it's a combination of jealousy, and the arrogance of Pats fans.

The Patriots dominance has simply gone on for far too long, and Pats fans have been anything but classy along the way. You guys are severely lacking in perspective.

Meh, teams can be up and down. The Pats are one of the few teams that ever ascended to dynasty status. It is likely they will one day decline from that status, given the behavior of teams in previous decades.

SO FAR, 2001-2004 was the zenith of this team. The talent level peaked in 2007, and it would have been the greatest team to ever take the field, with one more TD - but that did not happen, so with 18 wins in a season, they were a disappointment (that happen much in NY? Oh that's right, LOSING in the AFCCG qualifies as a victory there....) We don't really know how good the 2010 team is, but we'll find out.

Ya see what I'm getting at? We're in the middle of something you guys have not sniffed. Meanwhile, you're "taunting" us when we demolish the league and out-perform 30 of 32 teams... then lose to ONE team... and we're supposed to be "classy." Really?

Your guys are out there saying "we are headhunting with the intent of injuring the Patriots' players" and you're complaining we're not "classy" enough?

Here's a hint: when you piss off the Pats, they will beat you by blowout scores. If you want them to be "classy" -- i.e., to only beat you by a little -- play your butts off and make it happen.

That's the only kind of "classy" other fans consistently complain about with the Pats, it's not "classy" to whoop their butts so badly on the field. That's on your boys.

As to "classy fans," hell. I have seen drunk morons wearing every jersey in the NFL, and posting on behalf of every NFL fan base. There are better and worse crowds, for my money, and from my point of view. But it usually devolves from any given team's attitude toward being beaten. The Chargers whined about "class." The Colts, meh, they did their whining via the competition committee, and had rules changed to emphasize their advantages. The JEST fans complain about tactics their own team used repeatedly (as did most teams)... and then their hand-picked commish backed them up on it.

Everybody has their "side" in the media story lines. Everybody sees the other guy's "side" as wrong. You are cast in the role of angry upstarts; we are cast in the role of arrogant world-beating juggernaut.

The NFL's ability to fix the games to fit the story lines is much less than professional wrestling's custom of fixing the matches. Otherwise, it's the same basic premise -- entertainment. They feed us stories involving our teams. There are two sides. Pats fans take the Pats' side. Jets fans take the Jets' side.

The Jets' side has to be the complaining, whining, dispossessed ****y side, by virtue of the niche they currently occupy.

The Pats' side has to be, from your point of view, the arrogant rat-bastard cant-be-beat has-all-the-advantages insufferable jerk side.

And the Sports media feed these stories. You are encouraged to see us as giants (no pun intended) walking the earth, Gods among men, mythologized legends. If you beat us once in a regular season game, it's your super bowl. That sort of thing.

The psychological button they're pushing for you is one of rebellion against a suffocating, unjust, and heretofore unvanquishable authority. Why shouldn't we play into that?

Who's your daddy?

PFnV

Could it be Sox / Yanks related?
I mean that in my expierience, often times it seems that Yankees fans are obsessed with winning, while Red Sox fans are obsessed with the Yankees.
I know I'll probably catch some **** for saying that, but it's just my take.

Who's angry? I just had a delicious hero for lunch and Drew Coleman may not be the starting Nickel.

I'm as happy as a puppy with 2 peters.

JMO, but there seems to be a good deal of anger on this here board about some of the smack talking going on. Not sure that anger issues are isolated to Jet fans alone (who I concede could have a penchant for anger).

I think the Jets fans are worried that when their team loses to the Pats, that the SOJ talk will bubble up again. Isn't that so?

1. They live in New Jersey.
2. They're Jets fans.
3. The Jets haven't even been to a Super Bowl in most of their fans' lifetimes.

That should pretty much wrap things up.

Imagine being a 40 year old virgin no matter how hard you try to score, and your brother has to beat the women away with a stick.

Probably a similar feeling.

Last edited:
Could it be Sox / Yanks related?
I mean that in my expierience, often times it seems that Yankees fans are obsessed with winning, while Red Sox fans are obsessed with the Yankees.
I know I'll probably catch some **** for saying that, but it's just my take.

It was like that for a long time but now the two sides are just as obsessed with each other. (re: Red Sox/Yankees)

Last edited:
1. BB preferred New England
2. A Jet brought Tom Brady in
3. A decade of dominance from the Patriots including 3 SB Wins and 4 Appearances along with a perfect regular season.

Okay, and we should also say it, they're career douchebags too. I mean, jeez. All this beating around the bush...

The Rats are a mental illness masquerading as an NFL team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back