PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What are Jets Players & Fans so Angry About?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get it...all I read, see and hear is anger coming from Jets players and fans and it makes no sense.

The game hasn't even been played and they're all fuming up a steaming pot...but for what?

I'd almost be afraid to wear my Patriots hat or hoodie if I went into NY right now. So whether they win or lose, will they all still be angry when the game's over?

Hey Jets fans!! What the hell is there to angry about? Are there any of you who can explain this strange phenominon?:confused:

It might be that all their women look and act like Snookie from "Jersey Shore," only 50 pounds heavier and they chain-smoke with voices like Donald Duck.

Phase two, if not now, when?
Jets have 18 Free agents next year
Draft?
Pats 17,32,33,64,75,96, 4th-7th
Jets 25, 82, 121, 5th,6th, no 7.

You & Razor explain why Jets fans are angry very pretty well, but what about the players? But even their fans should be pretty psyched, don't you think? If I was a Jet fan, I hope I'd be "pumped & jakked"

It's like they're venting their anger in anticipation of losing and that's not what I've ever seen fans do...but then again, it's the Jets

I think the players are using anger to compensate for their lack of confidence, anxiety, and fear of playing against a superior team in Foxborough this upcoming Sunday afternoon.

How much of this festering anger stems from the fact that the Jets ALMOST had Bill Belichick for their own?

Another thing is massive "inferiority complex", and I don't mean just regarding the Pats, or the Fins in the AFC-E. It has more to do with the fact that in NYC, they will always play second fiddle to the G-Men, as well as the Yankees, Mets, Knicks, Rangers, etc. They are pretty much the "red headed step child" in NYC's sports franchises. And, to add to it, their one and only "shining moment" in Miami, took place about 7 US Presidents ago.

Let me characterize it very simply: *** LITTLE MAN SYNDROME ***

EZ76

1. They live in New Jersey.
2. They're Jets fans.
3. The Jets haven't even been to a Super Bowl in most of their fans' lifetimes.

That should pretty much wrap things up.

I live in Manhattan, but I cannot dispute the other two. The truth hurts. Granted, it would be much worse if I had to deal with #1 as well, but it ain't easy being Green.

But, most Pats fans should understand that as well. Prior to 2001, if you were a Pats and Sawx fan, you didn't have all that much joy in your life either.

I think the players are using anger to compensate for their lack of confidence, anxiety, and fear of playing against a superior team in Foxborough this upcoming Sunday afternoon.

Jealousy.......

I don't get it...all I read, see and hear is anger coming from Jets players and fans and it makes no sense.

The game hasn't even been played and they're all fuming up a steaming pot...but for what?

I'd almost be afraid to wear my Patriots hat or hoodie if I went into NY right now. So whether they win or lose, will they all still be angry when the game's over?

Hey Jets fans!! What the hell is there to angry about? Are there any of you who can explain this strange phenominon?:confused:

Jets are PETRIFIED of this game. It all started by Wrex Cryin getting ready to play Colts and he's dissin Brady. Brady & Pats have been on Ryan & Jets minds since BLOW OUT. If Ryan's game plan is to rattle Brady throw him off his game he's SADLY MISTAKEN! ( Ask Eagles, Steelers how that played out). Jets have NO ANSWERS! Cromartie is gonna need all 20 of his kids to help him Sunday because after Pats DESTROY them Cromarte will be on Lions opening up a day care center during off season.

This definitely has remnants of Sox/Yankees, pre-2004. Though I almost cringe at the thought of comparing the Pats with Yankees (OK, PERISH the thought!). I guess I mean strictly in terms of fan psyche, the teams themselves are a completely different matter. Another difference is at least the Sox back then were likeable and everyone else across the country (for the most part) liked them.

The same certainly cannot be said for these Jets. :D

Jets fans are depressed.

Since the Sixties and Namath once, its been consecutively the Miami Dolphins with Shula and Griese, then the Billls with Levy and Kelly and the KGun, and then the Patriots with Bellichick and Brady.

Even back in the sixties it was always the Bills, and sometimes the Patriots, except for Namath once, 1 time, o-n-c-e. The Jester fans have seen all types of terrible play and teams. Any one for Rich Kotite?

Jets fans are depressed.

Since the Sixties and Namath once, its been consecutively the Miami Dolphins with Shula and Griese, then the Billls with Levy and Kelly and the KGun, and then the Patriots with Bellichick and Brady.

Even back in the sixties it was always the Bills, and sometimes the Patriots, except for Namath once, 1 time, o-n-c-e. The Jester fans have seen all types of terrible play and teams. Any one for Rich Kotite?

I dont consider myself depressed

This definitely has remnants of Sox/Yankees, pre-2004. D

I think this is right. NY'ers could remain secure with the yanks,
then boom, the script flipped.

Especially the Sox comeback from 0-3 .
The Boston/NY dynamic changed, tilting to Boston.
Finally even beat them in Baseball free agency this year.
How can this happen? Unpossible.

The second class role to the Giants,
is also really large, I believe. This is their
fundamental consciousness.
Therefore TMQ's needle, Jersey/B.

Last edited:
I went to the Jets-Pats game at Gillete last year in a Jets jersey and a Yankees 2009 World Series champs hat and everyone joked with me and one guy even bought me a beer. Very nice people. Goes both ways

I was actually kidding about being afraid to wear Pats stuff. I went to the Patriots-Green Bay game a few weeks ago and couldn't believe how many yellow & green jersies I saw.

No one gave them a hard time at all. Hell, I'd be embarrassed if we/they did.

It might be that all their women look and act like Snookie from "Jersey Shore," only 50 pounds heavier and they chain-smoke with voices like Donald Duck.

Now that's frikkn funny Tune!

I was actually kidding about being afraid to wear Pats stuff. I went to the Patriots-Green Bay game a few weeks ago and couldn't believe how many yellow & green jersies I saw.

No one gave them a hard time at all. Hell, I'd be embarrassed if we/they did.

Yeah, I had no idea how well they traveled. Pittsburgh obviously travels well - that's pretty much well known. But I hadn't realized that the Pack comes in numbers like they do. Probably because we don't see them in the AFC East all that often.

But you run into Stillers fans all the time....everywhere. I don't know any Packers fans except for an old roomate of mine, but he was from Madison, WI.

This definitely has remnants of Sox/Yankees, pre-2004. Though I almost cringe at the thought of comparing the Pats with Yankees (OK, PERISH the thought!). I guess I mean strictly in terms of fan psyche, the teams themselves are a completely different matter. Another difference is at least the Sox back then were likeable and everyone else across the country (for the most part) liked them.

The same certainly cannot be said for these Jets. :D

The only difference is I don't ever recall being angry about a pending series with the spankees. Concerned and pessimistic? Yup, but not angry.

And I've hated the Yankees all my life

But, most Pats fans should understand that as well. Prior to 2001, if you were a Pats and Sawx fan, you didn't have all that much joy in your life either.

Prior to 2001 the Patriots had 2 AFC Championships....so not sure what your point is.

Look at the all time record of the Patriots and compare it to the Jets. That will answer the question to this entire thread. :cool:

AND.....baseball sux!

Last edited:
The only difference is I don't ever recall being angry about a pending series with the spankees. Concerned and pessimistic? Yup, but not angry.

And I've hated the Yankees all my life

All the players talking are obviously angry they got destroyed last game, but I cant say im too angry either. I hate the Pats more than anything and want this game more than anything and would love to see them lose, but I cant say im angry at the Pats. I just hate them, like your hatred towards the Yanks

Last edited:
All the players talking are obviously angry they got destroyed last game, but I cant say im too angry either. I hate the Pats more than anything and want this game more than anything and would love to see them lose, but I cant say im angry at the Pats. I just hate them, like your hatred towards the Yanks

Can't argue with that...I think you should hate the Pats if you're a fan of another team...Espcicially considering the Boston/NY rivalry.

That's what being a fan is all about. Good luck and enjoy the game

Can't argue with that...I think you should hate the Pats if you're a fan of another team...Espcicially considering the Boston/NY rivalry.

That's what being a fan is all about. Good luck and enjoy the game

Agreed. Same to you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Back