PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What are Jets Players & Fans so Angry About?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriotsReign

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I don't get it...all I read, see and hear is anger coming from Jets players and fans and it makes no sense.

The game hasn't even been played and they're all fuming up a steaming pot...but for what?

I'd almost be afraid to wear my Patriots hat or hoodie if I went into NY right now. So whether they win or lose, will they all still be angry when the game's over?

Hey Jets fans!! What the hell is there to angry about? Are there any of you who can explain this strange phenominon?:confused:

45-3 comes to mind, they are worried and immature more than angry, they haven't won a thing since 1969, every year ends in disappointment, they watch the Pats compete yearly, they are out classed, out coached and out played when it counts, on a regular basis. So they feel the best defense against humility is to lash out at the more superior foe. The only thing they have to look forward to is their retoric. It's like misery loves comapny, so they keep each other company.

They are angry about...

Years of losing
Their OC
The fact that deep down they know Sanchise isn't the real deal
That their coach is a joke
How the Pats make Winning look so easy
etc....

But what it really comes down to is that they know they have little to no chance against the pats, so they have to talk about everything and anything except for the actual game.

They are angry about...

Years of losing
Their OC
The fact that deep down they know Sanchise isn't the real deal
That their coach is a joke
How the Pats make Winning look so easy
etc....

But what it really comes down to is that they know they have little to no chance against the pats, so they have to talk about everything and anything except for the actual game.

You & Razor explain why Jets fans are angry very pretty well, but what about the players? But even their fans should be pretty psyched, don't you think? If I was a Jet fan, I hope I'd be "pumped & jakked"

It's like they're venting their anger in anticipation of losing and that's not what I've ever seen fans do...but then again, it's the Jets

Who's angry? I just had a delicious hero for lunch and Drew Coleman may not be the starting Nickel.

I'm as happy as a puppy with 2 peters.

JMO, but there seems to be a good deal of anger on this here board about some of the smack talking going on. Not sure that anger issues are isolated to Jet fans alone (who I concede could have a penchant for anger).

1969..45-3...tom brady having 3 rings...jealousy is a *****

Who's angry? I just had a delicious hero for lunch and Drew Coleman may not be the starting Nickel.

JMO, but there seems to be a good deal of anger on this here board about some of the smack talking going on. Not sure that anger issues are isolated to Jet fans alone (who I concede could have a penchant for anger).

Maybe cuz Boson has the best pizza ever?

I think most of us are pretty happy about the smack-talk coming out of the Jets players and hope it keeps coming.

Hope those 2 peters work out for ya

I don't get it...all I read, see and hear is anger coming from Jets players and fans and it makes no sense.

The game hasn't even been played and they're all fuming up a steaming pot...but for what?

I'd almost be afraid to wear my Patriots hat or hoodie if I went into NY right now. So whether they win or lose, will they all still be angry when the game's over?

Hey Jets fans!! What the hell is there to angry about? Are there any of you who can explain this strange phenominon?:confused:
I wear my Patriots hat all around Manhattan (I live here). Nobody says a word, especially after week 13.

Great news. Hopefully Cole or Wilson can get a chance

Maybe cuz Boson has the best pizza ever?

I think most of us are pretty happy about the smack-talk coming out of the Jets players and hope it keeps coming.

Hope those 2 peters work out for ya

Well, I think Anna's Pizza in Waltham happens to be delicious. If you ever have the opportunity, I highly recommend the upside down Margherita. Beyond that, I don't know what you speak of.

New York fans are all empty swagger. Went to a Sox/Yankees playoff game back in '04, sat in the bleachers, my friend wore his Sox hat and we cheered the Sox/insulted the Yankees the whole game, nobody said anything. Jets fans, same thing.

um we've whupped their @sses for nearly a decade, year in and year out and they're sick of it to the point of poisonous hatred. why wouldn't they be? imagine how it would feel to have the patriots in your division. what is it, nine years since they won the AFCE, let alone anything significant in the conference...

they keep waiting for the era-changing game to come along and it hasn't happened. this is the biggest opportunity for them maybe in ten years, but the patriots are in their head so they're in a frenzy.

Their like the Nazis, angry at everything. But what can they do to avoid the inevitable? So they sit there and write and say all this crap. I want sunday to come badly so they can shut the hell up!

New York fans are all empty swagger. Went to a Sox/Yankees playoff game back in '04, sat in the bleachers, my friend wore his Sox hat and we cheered the Sox/insulted the Yankees the whole game, nobody said anything. Jets fans, same thing.

I went to the Jets-Pats game at Gillete last year in a Jets jersey and a Yankees 2009 World Series champs hat and everyone joked with me and one guy even bought me a beer. Very nice people. Goes both ways

Last edited:
Why/ A long list.
Primarily I think it is being eternally second to the
New York Football Giants. Their own home, not even theirs,
years playing in Giant stadium. Second class citizens, as fans.
And Decades of futility, with the continuingly antagonizing
Boston success, rubbing the Boston/NY rivalry hard, the wrong way.

Mike Francessa, on their own home town radio,
eternally needling them.

BB's Bye Bye.

class consciousness/insecurity?
Jets fans occuppy the lower tiers in the intra city competition.
Section D, etc. Old money had giant seats, still does.
Actual second class citizens.

Boston/NY;
NY like to see themselves as City Number One,
All Cosmo vs the homer, unsophisticated, anyone else.
Homer Boston Townies.
Brady flips that script.
World traveling "pretty boy, "Mr Perfect, "Tom Terrific",
Supermodel gal pal in all their dailies, daily,
always says the right thing. He represents what they are not.

Contrast to the decidedly Not Cosmo RR, reinforcing
the second class insecurities.

Adipose Rex.

The season has been one embarrassment after another,

so darn it, they better win, and deep in the gut,
there is no rational reason to believe it can happen.
But there is no choice but to believe. If the reality is unpleasant,
don't face it.

Stress central, anticipating familiar pain.
(I share this from 2007. But I have 01/03/04, etc.)
They have `1969, who's hero is now remembered for his drunken national TV
pronounciation of st--ru--g--g--l--ing while making a pass at Little Suzy Q.

The Jet faithful are stuck having to hear about it, defend it,
and if the Pats blow em up this week, that is it.
Tsunami time, The Sinking of the SS Rexifer.

Last edited:
We're angry because we finally have a legit playoff team with who we believe is a legit HC and the god damn Patriots are still the best team in the NFL. Tom Brady, and Bill Bellichick won't go away.

We're angry because the god damn Patriots are still standing in our way and now we have to face them in Foxboro when they're coming off a bye week (a situation where they're historically pretty much unbeatable).

Finally, some real honesty from a Jets fan, thank you, at least thats legit!

Last edited:
You & Razor explain why Jets fans are angry very pretty well, but what about the players? But even their fans should be pretty psyched, don't you think? If I was a Jet fan, I hope I'd be "pumped & jakked"

It's like they're venting their anger in anticipation of losing and that's not what I've ever seen fans do...but then again, it's the Jets

The players take on their coaches personna, and the fans are right behind, so it all starts with their HC, who we all know loves to act and say things that are as immature as a so called adult could muster.

1. They live in New Jersey.
2. They're Jets fans.
3. The Jets haven't even been to a Super Bowl in most of their fans' lifetimes.

That should pretty much wrap things up.

We're angry because we finally have a legit playoff team with who we believe is a legit HC and the god damn Patriots are still the best team in the NFL. Tom Brady, and Bill Bellichick won't go away.

We're angry because the god damn Patriots are still standing in our way and now we have to face them in Foxboro when they're coming off a bye week (a situation where they're historically pretty much unbeatable).

Sorta how I felt about the Yankers, prior to 2004.

I feel a lot of this hostility by opposing players and their fans toward New England and their fans is simply they're envious and insecure. And you've certain players with a sense of entitlement due to their large egos. They want you to look at them but seldom give you reasons to look at them. Whereas, New England has been there and done that, win a Super Bowl.

Both Rex Ryan and Antonio Cromartie believe it's each of them versus New England. Fine. But, be careful not to ignore your teammates. Because you win as a team in football. Conversely, you aren't doing this if you're making comments to media that will draw attention to yourself and puts your team in a negative light.

They really have a self-centered attitude.

For example, Cromartie has a personal problem toward Tom Brady dating back from his time with San Diego. Talk about holding a grudge. He's somebody that the Jets must reign in. I bet he commits a key infraction at some point during the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes