PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

* What an ATROCITY *

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, THIS is the sort of thing that compelled me to turn in my keys to the In Bill We Trust club.

Ryan Mallett, for God's sake. :mad:

Steven Ridley. :mad:

Coach Bill is the greatest in ALL the land, bar NONE.

But the man is clearly a LUNATIC.

Well, we take the bad with the good.

And the good...is magnificent.

But leave us never delude ourselves into believing that stupidity is the exclusive province of the stupid.

I "liked" this post on the sheer ******edness of it..... Thanks for the chuckle. Damn that BB for not doing what YOU wanted in this draft. :singing:

I'm right with you OTG. I like Vereen and Dowling, but we did almost nothing to help the team this year. Solder won't be ready to start. Dowling is definitely not starting. We got 2 rotational backs to add to our mix. Mallett won't even be active most games. We have not improved this team at all in the near term. With so many options at DE and OLB and such a big need to add to both positions, it's mindblowing that we ignored them.

Exactly, ugh this is so frustrating

Run the ball...are you ******* ******ed? Since when do we rely on running the ball? We lost because our OL got raped,Brady choked and Mark Sanchez had all day to pick our defense apart.

Thank you! I see very little in this draft that has made us better, BB seems to have BLOWN a bunch of picks and tremendous opportunity:mad:

Ridley's all right, but you miss the point:

We could've gotten better Backs for his role, and gotten them LATER.

Jamie Harper, for instance.

A 3rd Rounder is a valuable commodity, which should've been spent on one of the guys I cited, above.

Belichick **** the bed, plain and simple.

AGAIN.

Last time I checked Harper did not gain 1200 yards in the SEC; nor was he a team captain as a junior; nor does he excel on ST.

Ridley had 25 tackles on ST and did have 1200 yards in the SEC, as opposed to the much weaker ACC, and Ridley was a team captain as a junior.

Ridley is a solid pick and will replace Morris on ST.

Last time I checked Harper did not gain 1200 yards in the SEC; nor was he a team captain as a junior; nor does he excel on ST.

Ridley had 25 tackles on ST and did have 1200 yards in the SEC, as opposed to the much weaker ACC, and Ridley was a team captain as a junior.

Whether he's solid isn't relevant in regards to value, it's a dumb move to get him there if you can likely get him later.

Whether he's solid isn't relevant in regards to value, it's a dumb move to get him there if you can likely get him later.

None of us know that we could have likely gotten him later! Belichick said they basically agreed on the framework of a deal with the Raiders before today's part of the draft even began, so they knew they were not making a late 3rd or 4th round pick (as it stands, they could trade up). Everyone thought they could get Vollmer later; that turned out pretty well. The idea that you pass on a player that can contribute to the team in multiple ways (blocking, special teams, goal line carries) because Kiper and Mayock say the value isn't there is absurd.

See, THIS is the sort of thing that compelled me to turn in my keys to the In Bill We Trust club.

But leave us never delude ourselves into believing that stupidity is the exclusive province of the stupid.

Off The Grid, you are one of the most entertaining, unique and informative posters we have here at Patsfans. However, this is your magnum opus in absurdity. You call Coach Bill the greatest in the land, bar none, after you have turned in your in keys to the In Bill We Trust Club? That is nonsense.

You then go on to call Coach Belichick a lunatic. EVERY YEAR he confounds, confuses, and perplexes the draftniks of our kingdom of fans, who have decided who their favorite players are, and who attach an emotional attachment to those players that causes anger, disgust, and bitterness when they are not selected. This happens EVERY YEAR. And yet Coach Belichick, "the greatest in the land, bar none," is the lunatic? Is not a popular definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?

Each individual selection the Patriots made tonight has a logic to it that I can understand. Of course I would like to see the team add some defensive help. They still have free agency, and the rest of the draft. They already have a very deep d-line, and some of those players are young (Love, Deaderick) and were not premium draft choices. The Patriots simply do not draft for need. They take the best value that they believe can contribute to their team. If it happens to be a position of great need, that is a bonus.

I would love to see Tom Brady play another 7 or 8 seasons. There is little precedent for it, but he is an unprecedented player and I don't put it past him. If this happens, and Mallett turns into a high end backup who is lighting teams up in the preseason/mop up duty, can they not spin that 74th selection into a bounty of picks? Matt Hasselbeck had neither the physical gifts nor the pedigree and acquired his team a bounty without having ever played meaningful snaps. Kevin Kolb has been shaky, and he may well net his team something of great value.

Beyond breaking down and arguing the merits of each individual choice, I just feel the need to state that this offseason has only begun, it is not ending. They will acquire more talent to a 14-2 team that will likely lose little and will even gain talent (Warren, Bodden) without the need to acquire them. Young players from last year's draft, many of whom are already stellar, will make Belichick's oft-spoken-of 2nd year leap. This team will remain one of the league's best. Let's let the process play out before we go turning in any club memberships or jumping off any bridges.

man...people like you

never satisfied

talking like you're the seahawks lol

man...people like you

never satisfied

talking like you're the seahawks lol

It's a huge problem on this board. I love how much effort some of the posters put into the draft, but sometimes they forget they're just behind the computer at home. I'm not sure how a draft can be considered bad when we haven't even seen them play in the NFL yet. Just because Belichick didn't agree with the 20 or so guys the board loved and for some strange reason got an emotional attachment to?

It's hilarious, it's like deja vu but I'm the only one seeing it. I remember last year everyone was talking about how McCourty wasn't a starter, just some special teams player, etc. Next thing you know he goes All-Pro. You think people wouldn't rush to judgement and call the new Patriots non-starters, but here we go again...

Last edited:
Drew Bledsoe just called. He asked "Are you sure about that?"

EXACTLY.....The next time Brady hobbles off the field (whether for a few plays or a few games).....some here might be relieved to know Mallett is on the roster....

You may not have liked the draft. I didn't like it either. But declaring it to be stupidity is simply dumb.

To all posters who think that this draft is an atrocity and BB has lost his ability to recognize talent that fits his scheme, I have two words "Bobby Grier".

You may not have liked the draft. I didn't like it either. But declaring it to be stupidity is simply dumb.

Wrong. Describing my statement ~ which only referenced particular acts ~ as declarative of the whole draft is what is dumb.

Perhaps you should pick up a clue before you start calling others' statements "dumb", eh? :rolleyes:

To all posters who think that this draft is an atrocity and BB has lost his ability to recognize talent that fits his scheme, I have two words "Bobby Grier".

It's hard to imagine how anyone could possibly misinterpret my statement, which included profuse praise of Coach Bill, but you have managed to do so. Nice work.

I don't care what Ridley did in the SEC. How much better does he make our team? How much more production do you expect out of him than what we already got out BJGE?

Now we have to accept going into next season with a sorry group of WR's and TBC or Nink as our starting OLB. That is tough to stomach based on the picks we had. I just don't know how BB and the staff can't see, or choose not deal with, our lack of talent in the defensive front seven. All opposing QBs are way too comfortable playing the Pats, and I believe it has very little to do with our DBs. They have zero fear of being pressured. The only player in the front seven that requires a double team is Wilfork, and that is only on running plays. On passing downs/third downs any opposing offense can block every defensive player in our front seven one on one. There is nobody they have to account for. This is how you finish dead freaking last on third down. How has this not been addressed with so many picks in the last few years?

I "liked" this post on the sheer ******edness of it..... Thanks for the chuckle. Damn that BB for not doing what YOU wanted in this draft.

Only the completely brain dead would fawningly applaud yesterday's idiot moves.

I hate to shatter your vapid world view, but smart people sometimes do stupid things.

And when that happens, other smart people call them on it.

Stupid people, on the other hand, clap their hands with vacuous, empty headed glee.

So thank you. ;)

I'm grateful to be reminded of who and what I am not. :D

YOU of all people calls BB stupid? Really? The same ****king ****** who can't go one F'ing post without being an eccentric moron, uses stupid avatars every other week, and calls players, BEASTLY, GRIZZLY, and uses italics and bold font for other word? Shut up loser.

SHUT me up, you fairy. :D

It's gratifying to know ~ having left all that anger behind me with a good night's sleep ~ that a low life yourself is even MORE ticked off than I was at ANY moment, yesterday. :rocker:

Only the completely brain dead would fawningly applaud yesterday's idiot moves.

I hate to shatter your vapid world view, but smart people sometimes do stupid things.

And when that happens, other smart people call them on it.

Stupid people, on the other hand, clap their hands with vacuous, empty headed glee.

Good luck with that. ;)

You call Coach Bill the greatest in the land, bar none, after you have turned in your in keys to the In Bill We Trust Club?

That is nonsense.

So ~ in your view ~ I cannot admire the man, yet still find him flawed, and capable of the occasional idiotic move??

That, my friend, is nonsense.

The "In Bill We Trust" club is populated by folks who ~ rather than judge Coach Bill as a mortal ~ simply declare "In Bill We Trust" whenever an insanely stupid move confounds their view of the guy. They abdicate their own judgment, willfully choosing to believe that any given move ~ no matter how clearly and egregiously stupid ~ could not possibly be so.

I choose to live in the real world: Coach Bill is the greatest in all the land, but he does occasionally perform the most unspeakably stupid acts.

Everyone knows it.

Yet so many ~ like you, evidently ~ are incapable of reconciling the brilliant man with the stupid act.

Apparently, you see him as some immortal, perfect being.

I suffer no such delusions.

So, yes: I do not subscribe to the unfathomably vapid notion that Coach Bill is incapable of stupid acts. And I further reserve the right to call him on them, and express my intense displeasure.

But that does in no way mean that I do not greatly admire the man.

And if that concept is beyond your capacities ~ as is clearly the case ~ then that is your failing, not mine.

OTG, my man, you know I appreciate your unique vision, but I'd like to humbly suggest that you ought to be a bit more patient. I, for one, like what we've done with this draft. We're set up for a long term revolution of our offense (isn't that what you wanted? you're just disagreeing about the priorities here), and we added one of my very favorite defensive prospects. Next year we will be a ground and pound team with possibly the best play-action QB of all time ready to shred defenses at any moment. We'll also have the best secondary in the NFL, with players capable of rotating between left and right corner, strong and free safety, and the slot. Sounds ideal, yes?

You said that when smart people indulge in moments of stupidity, other smart people ought to call them on it. Well, I'd like to consider myself smart--I'll spare you my credentials; you'll just have to trust me--and I am going to offer this one thought to you:

BB has an entire division of employees trained to scout for a living, plus a cadre of wizened professionals who know the craft better than any of us can ever hope to. I am going to take his unconventional wisdom over yours. No, he's not infallible, but he's got a pretty good track record, and more important, he has far more information available to him than we do. He's making the more informed decision, and that generally leads to a better decision in the end.

So. Now we have two heavyweights clashing (OTG vs BB). Who's to say the error isn't with the message board poster? Just a thought, my friend. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back