PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

* What an ATROCITY *

Status
Not open for further replies.
OTG, I agree with you about Mallett. It's a serious ??? pick for me, especially with Sam Acho (who I actually kinda like) and some good G/C candidates still on the board.

But I'm going to have to disagree with you on the Ridley pick. IF, and ONLY IF, Ridley turns into a 'Thunder" type, then we'll have someone to pick up the 'tough' yards - short yardage, and the end of the game, where everyone in the stadium and your mother expects the run. IF that happens, then this pick's a solid choice.

Either way, I like your point about BB's insanity. Folks gotta remember, the BEST baseball player ever hit .400 once. Just because BB's the best ever doesn't mean everything he does is perfect. It only means that he has earned the right for time, to see how the team pans out.

We might have just got the best QB in the draft halfway through the 3rd round, and you think its a bad pick?

Evidently you hadn't heard: We HAVE a Quarter Back.

And he's got about 6-9 more good years left.

Or are you under the impression that a sociopathic and degenerate scum bag like Brett Favre is going to outlast Tom Brady??? :rolleyes:

Or are you under the impression that a sociopathic and degenerate scum bag like Brett Favre is going to outlast Tom Brady??? :rolleyes:

last time I checked Brady isn't popping pills to keep himself functional.

Last edited:
The Patriots didn't get knocked out of the playoffs because of the defense. They got knocked out because they couldn't run the ball.

No, they lost because of mistakes and couldn't get off the field on third down. Oh, and I do believe the Jest put pressure on Brady and even sacked him once or five times.

Last edited:

Drew Bledsoe just called. He asked "Are you sure about that?"

OTG, I agree with you about Mallett. It's a serious ??? pick for me, especially with Sam Acho (who I actually kinda like) and some good G/C candidates still on the board.

But I'm going to have to disagree with you on the Ridley pick. IF, and ONLY IF, Ridley turns into a 'Thunder" type, then we'll have someone to pick up the 'tough' yards - short yardage, and the end of the game, where everyone in the stadium and your mother expects the run. IF that happens, then this pick's a solid choice.

Either way, I like your point about BB's insanity. Folks gotta remember, the BEST baseball player ever hit .400 once. Just because BB's the best ever doesn't mean everything he does is perfect. It only means that he has earned the right for time, to see how the team pans out.

Ridley's all right, but you miss the point:

We could've gotten better Backs for his role, and gotten them LATER.

Jamie Harper, for instance.

A 3rd Rounder is a valuable commodity, which should've been spent on one of the guys I cited, above.

Belichick **** the bed, plain and simple.

AGAIN.

last time I checked Brady isn't popping pills to keep himself functional.

Last time I checked, Favre publicly announced getting OFF those pills more than a DECADE ago.

Try again.

Drew Bledsoe just called. He asked "Are you sure about that?"

Did you SERIOUSLY just compare the relentless, fanatical dedication of Tom Brady to an indifferent slob like BLEDSOE??? :rolleyes:

FAIL.

BB ballwashers saw BB did well last draft, DOESNT MEAN HE COULDN'T ROYALLY F UP THIS ONE.

Can Ridley rush the passer?

Don't be mad because we just drafted the next Arian Foster;)

Thanks for the chuckle, Bro. :D

OK, I've sufficiently vented my spleen. I think it will be wise of me, at this point, to take my leave, as I am feeling oddly tranquilized...which may have something to do with the bounty of Fizzy Lifting Drinks that've consumed me. :D

I would have been happy with 3 O-lineman a DE an OLB prospect and a DB (preferably not a fragile one) in the first three rounds. I got up and walked away from my desk and thought for a second that couldn't have happened, the pats couldn't have made those picks. But its reallity, we squandered a draft. One that could have made this team great. The only pick i really like is Solder, i hope BB has big plans on FA

Last edited:
But the man is clearly a LUNATIC.

I think you've admitted to worse names. So what makes you so pissed off? Ryan Mallett was the final straw? I think Mallett's upside is tremendous. He's a big character risk, but was he any worse a character risk than Kenrick Ellis?

Sleep it off man. The Pats still have a handful of picks in rounds 5-7. They might get lucky late again. You never know.

Last edited:
See, THIS is the sort of thing that compelled me to turn in my keys to the In Bill We Trust club.

Ryan Mallett, for God's sake. :mad:

Steven Ridley. :mad:

Coach Bill is the greatest in ALL the land, bar NONE.

But the man is clearly a LUNATIC.

Well, we take the bad with the good.

And the good...is magnificent.

But leave us never delude ourselves into believing that stupidity is the exclusive province of the stupid.

YOU of all people calls BB stupid? Really? The same ****king ****** who can't go one F'ing post without being an eccentric moron, uses stupid avatars every other week, and calls players, BEASTLY, GRIZZLY, and uses italics and bold font for other word? Shut up loser.

Thanks for the chuckle, Bro. :D

OK, I've sufficiently vented my spleen. I think it will be wise of me, at this point, to take my leave, as I am feeling oddly tranquilized...which may have something to do with the bounty of Fizzy Lifting Drinks that've consumed me. :D

Great! Don't let the door hit you in the Arse as you leave!

MALLETT=Bledsoe talent...Ryan Leaf attitude.

DOWLING=Talent of Vontae Davis....as healthy as Al Davis

god everybody is so right. i mean this team was ,what...2-14 last year? o that's right they were pretty good! gee, maybe the people who actually know how to run a team and know what they're doing think this team is still going to improve with the people they already have and (eventually) some free agents. of course, i'm just guessing while so many nfl head coaches who contribute to these forums know so much more than i do. until anyone here actually successfully runs a real team why doesn't everybody RELAX, and let things run their course. (never happen because this forum is for those who know how to do everything better):mad:

The Patriots didn't get knocked out of the playoffs because of the defense. They got knocked out because they couldn't run the ball.

Run the ball...are you ******* ******ed? Since when do we rely on running the ball? We lost because our OL got raped,Brady choked and Mark Sanchez had all day to pick our defense apart.

god everybody is so right. i mean this team was ,what...2-14 last year? o that's right they were pretty good! gee, maybe the people who actually know how to run a team and know what they're doing think this team is still going to improve with the people they already have and (eventually) some free agents. of course, i'm just guessing while so many nfl head coaches who contribute to these forums know so much more than i do. until anyone here actually successfully runs a real team why doesn't everybody RELAX, and let things run their course. (never happen because this forum is for those who know how to do everything better):mad:

this

BEQF7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes