PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What am I missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriot Games

On the Roster
Reaction score
Why is there so much crying going on about the Pats' 2 trades? They had 2 firsts this year and then end of the 1st round was weak. So they traded a late first for what in all probability will be a much higher pick next year.

Does anybody really think SF is a playoff team? Even if they were, unless they get to the Championship game, the pick will be low-mid 20's. It's more probable that they miss the playoffs and the pick is in the teens. There's definately the possibility that they completely suck and the pick is top 10. This was an excellent move.

The trade w/ the Raiders for the 91st pick was also good. They move from te 91st to what will probably be a pick before 70th. Anybody think the Raiders are going to win more than 6 games? Me neither.

BB obviously likes next year's draft class more than this years. Call me crazy, but instead of whining, crying and pretending I'm a draft expert, I'm going to go ahead and defer to his judgment and consider the moves yesterday a success.

I think your're right. Also, the Oakland swap of a 3 this year for a 3 and 7 next year may be a prelude to a Moss deal. Reportedly Davis wanted a pick on day one and the Pats gave him one. Now they deal Moss for a 4 - or a 6 and 7 - and both teams are happy. The Raiders get their extra day one pick and the Pats trade out and get Moss. Maybe the the reason the dela hasn't been announced is the contract restructuring.

Of course, I'm just speculating. :)

Its clear that the Pats dont think much about this draft, figuring that 3rd round talent is equivalent to 4th round or later talent. They are no dummies, if they are trading down consistently then theres a rhyme and reason for it.

actually i like all the moaning. Love hearing people talk like they know everything and the pats FO dont know crap.

You're not missing much. Some people get 100 bucks and just have to spend it all, while others might take half and invest it!!
As I mentioned a while ago, I don't think the Pats FO was all that enamored of this draft class, (especially value-wise) day one candidates. Given how they stocked up in FA this year, why not concentrate on more "projects" in latter rds this year? Lets see what we end up with come end of the day today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back