PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What AFC team poses the greatest challenge to the Patriots?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What AFC team poses the greatest challenge to the Patriots from returning to the SB?

• New York Jets

Votes: 81 49.1%
  • Pittsburgh Steelers

Votes: 39 23.6%
  • Baltimore Ravens

Votes: 42 25.5%
  • Indianapolis Colts

Votes: 20 12.1%
  • San Diego Chargers

Votes: 18 10.9%
  • Kansas City Chiefs

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Some other AFC team

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A Jets fan who cant write a proper sentence.

... This doesnt surprise ... me one bit ...

... hahahahaa ... just my style on the jets boards to differentiate myself from all the other posters ... hopefully my content over here will help with that as well :cool: ...

l_j_r

Sanchez taking a step forward or backward will depend on if defenders drop the as many INTs that he throws right to them this year.

... lol ...

... he has def done what he can with the (with jets fans since the pennington days a dirty word) intangibles this offseason ... running his jets-west camp & assuming a leadership mantle with the other guys ... being named team captain, etc. ...

... reports from those at camp have been sometimes positive, sometimes negative ... much as his performance over the past 2 regular seasons has been ... he looked very sharp though in his 2 drives in houston ... not much to go on yet though ...

... in general the third year is often a great barometer for qb's ... has he learned what he needs to? ... does he know his O like the back of his hand so that he's not worried about what they are doing and focused instead on the opposing D? ... is he making good decisions with audibles at the LOS? ... and most importantly, has the game sloowwweeeddd down for him? ...

... if he's not progessed on all of those fronts the jets will be hard pressed to repeat their last 2 seasons performance ... little less take a step forward ...

l_j_r

If we are talking one game....which team scares me:
Co-winners Chargers and Colts.

Chargers because the Pats just don't match up well with their roster. Those big WRs and attacking D line....match up nightmare for the Pats of the past. This year...Norv Away may actually work on special teams and have his team prepared week 1.

Colts: Manning....pure and simple. He'll find a weakness in the secondary and exploit it. I think their coaching level has dropped off dramatically. I think depth will always be an issue for them....but Manning is Manning and he can rattle off a dozen straight completions

Last edited:
... lol ...

... he has def done what he can with the (with jets fans since the pennington days a dirty word) intangibles this offseason ... running his jets-west camp & assuming a leadership mantle with the other guys ... being named team captain, etc. ...

... reports from those at camp have been sometimes positive, sometimes negative ... much as his performance over the past 2 regular seasons has been ... he looked very sharp though in his 2 drives in houston ... not much to go on yet though ...

... in general the third year is often a great barometer for qb's ... has he learned what he needs to? ... does he know his O like the back of his hand so that he's not worried about what they are doing and focused instead on the opposing D? ... is he making good decisions with audibles at the LOS? ... and most importantly, has the game sloowwweeeddd down for him? ...

... if he's not progessed on all of those fronts the jets will be hard pressed to repeat their last 2 seasons performance ... little less take a step forward ...

l_j_r

So we're just going to ignore that the threw passes right to the other team? OK.

Sanchez taking a step forward or backward will depend on if defenders drop the as many INTs that he throws right to them this year.

So we're just going to ignore that the threw passes right to the other team? OK.

... thought i did a reasonably good job of explaining what he's done so far & what still has to happen for us to make that a step forward rather than backwards ...

... but ...

... specifically replying to INT's ...

... to improve sure he has to lower his actual INT's thrown as well as increase his TD's ...

... all qb's have potential INT's that opposing defenses drop (often that's why someone plays db rather than wr) ... and sanchez had his fair share ... certainly he has to improve this at a similar rate to actual INT's thrown ...

l_j_r

... thought i did a reasonably good job of explaining what he's done so far & what still has to happen for us to make that a step forward rather than backwards ...

... but ...

... specifically replying to INT's ...

... to improve sure he has to lower his actual INT's thrown as well as increase his TD's ...

... all qb's have potential INT's that opposing defenses drop (often that's why someone plays db rather than wr) ... and sanchez had his fair share ... certainly he has to improve this at a similar rate to actual INT's thrown ...

l_j_r

actually, he had more than anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back