PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What About Troy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patjew

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
What do y'all think? Coming back? Retiring? Going elsewhere?

I want to see him back one way or another. I love that man. But I don't feel like it's likely.

Didn't they already say they are not resigning him? Or am I imagining things (very possible).

I hope he retires. It's selfish of me, but Troy is the perfect Pat, and I don't want to see him in another uni. As I was saying, selfish of me :)

I think he may retire..but if he wishes to go to another club..that is OK..PAUINFUL..but I have no problem with that. Maybe he would not "retire" per se...and be available on a shadow team..THAT is possible...BUT in any event..I LOVED TROY and the way he played!!

Troy WAS wonderful at his position,Maybe the best Patriots WR ever or at least equal to Stanley Steamer Morgan - But he is yesterday's news - time to bid adios to #80

Last edited:
He'll sign for a $1 and retire 30 seconds later.

Ceremony at half-time first home game.

I want him back.

Just to be able to say he was part of the perfect 2008 season.

I don't know that Troy has the physical skills at this point to catch on with many other teams. Didn't the Jets entertain bringing him in and then decline?

Perhaps he can sign with the team and make a final, late season appearance, like his punt return vs. Miami.

What do y'all think? Coming back? Retiring? Going elsewhere?

I want to see him back one way or another. I love that man. But I don't feel like it's likely.

I think they should put him on IR. ;)

He's done. Supposedly he wanted to be a coach but that didn't work out.

Actually that's more of news...period. Never heard him mention wanting to coach at any level let alone the NFL. Kraft has stated on several occasions he will have a position with the organization for life if he wants that. I assume like Tip it will be in PR/community relations. Last I heard he was still deciding whether he wanted to play another season, and the team had stated they did not envision signing him at this time.

I'm really going to miss Mr. 3-Way.

Me too. :(
Maybe he gets a call in TC if some team goes down a WR, who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes