PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

what about these free agents?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Berrian a UFA? If he is, then wouldn't he be a great addition to replace stallworth?

Last edited:
sorry, i can't agree, never heard of boley, haggans doesn't sound better than what we have, i do agree we need a pass rusher but i don't see odom as the answer unless haynesworth comes with him, i'm not down on our offensive tackles, the ones we have are fine, and if i remember correctly reeves was targetted every time he came in the gamke. sorry son, goof try.

But did you see David Patten, Mike Vrabel, or Roman Phifer to be the answer? No you didnt, nobody did. Players can explode when they get to the right place. Boley is a tackling machine for the Atlanta Falcons and would be an interesting pickup. Odom is more of a DE than an OLB and will come more expensive than people think. Reeves is an intresting player.

Good list.

Is Berrian a UFA? If he is, then wouldn't he be a great addition to replace stallworth?

I think so...he's been streaky in Chicago, but that could be a QB thing. He could be a good replacement for Stallworth OR Gaffney if Jabar gets some large offers.

Isn't Michael Boley about 225 pounds? He was a beast in college too, but size and durability was the big ? on him.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind a year or two out of Keith Brooking, if the Falcons cut him.

I heard Boley is really close to re-signing. I heard Demitroff really likes him and the Falcons want him to be a core player on their D for years to come.

That's a shame. Can't blame them, however.

So what that you haven't heard of Boley. Had you heard of Mike Vrabel before the Pats signed him? I didn't think so. Just an FYI, Boley was one of the leading tacklers in the league this year.

If you think Kaczur is fine, then you didn't watch the SB.

As for Reeves, yes, he was targeted, but when you have a choice between him and Terence Newman, of course your going to target him. That doesn't make him bad.

Yes, I had heard of Vrabel, OSU DE and I still wince at the recall of his strip of Bledsoe in the Steeler's game. Frankly, I hadn't heard of many of the Falcons this year.
If Kaczur was the only problem in the SB I would agree with you, but everyone in the OL was whiffiing that day. They were a good line all year and they will still be better next year. So I guess in your analysis Reeves would be as good as Hobbs because everyone picks on him because he plays opposite Samuels. I'm not a Hobbs detractor, I think he does fine. So if you think Reeves is as good as Hobbs then I'm ok with that. Maybe he will be a good Gay replacement.

Some people expect pro bowlers at every position and it doesnt happen. The reason the Pats are good is because they fit the pieces together.

I laugh at your glaring influence. You know nothing.

What did you say????????????????????

Under the influence?????????????????????

Boley is 6'3" 242lb., 3 sacks, 2 INTS in 2008, played OLB in the 4/3 for the Falcons - maybe he could convert to ILB in the 3/4? He has started 40 games since he was a rookie in 2005, played in all 48.

http://www.nfl.com/players/michaelboley/profile?id=BOL343936

According to both Scout.com and the Falcons' website, Boley is listed at 6'3", 236.

Regardless, Boley is unfortunately listed as an RFA by both Scout.com and KFFL. I doubt that the Pats will pay for him what they paid for RFA Wes Welker.

http://profootballexperts.scout.com/a.z?s=211&p=9&c=12&nid=83&lnid=83&yr=2008
http://www.atlantafalcons.com/People/Players/Active/Michael_Boley.aspx
http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=LB&y=2008

Scout.com and KFFL are 2 of the sites I use to track FA movement. ESPN is another, but their FA list isn't posted yet.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/fa?&action=login&appRedirect=http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/fa

Pro Football Weekly's list is here, too. And Draft Daddy's.
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Features/Free+Agency/2008/poslist2230.htm
http://www.draftdaddy.com/nfldraft/freeagentdefense.cfm

Some sites keep info fairly up-to-date; others start well, then almost stop keeping track as the weeks & months progress. If anyone knows of other lists that are reliable, and not listed by team - just by positiion, please - let us know.

Yes, I had heard of Vrabel, OSU DE and I still wince at the recall of his strip of Bledsoe in the Steeler's game. Frankly, I hadn't heard of many of the Falcons this year.

Sure you did. Vrabel was a no name prior to coming to the Patriots.

If Kaczur was the only problem in the SB I would agree with you, but everyone in the OL was whiffiing that day. They were a good line all year and they will still be better next year. So I guess in your analysis Reeves would be as good as Hobbs because everyone picks on him because he plays opposite Samuels. I'm not a Hobbs detractor, I think he does fine. So if you think Reeves is as good as Hobbs then I'm ok with that. Maybe he will be a good Gay replacement.

Kaczur wasn't the only problem, but he certainly was a big one. And yes, the entire O-line was an issue.

As for Reeves, don't assume you know what my analysis is. I was pointing out the flaws in YOUR analysis.

Some people expect pro bowlers at every position and it doesnt happen. The reason the Pats are good is because they fit the pieces together.

Tell me something I haven't known since 2001. Please. You act like this is just some revelation you have that no one else does. Its not.

I fully understand that the pieces have to fit. I've understood that for awhile. Its why I have gotten on people who've complained about BB and Pioli not having signed big name LBers in the past. And why I've always turned around and asked them what they would have done. Then I usually laugh because the names are all the highly touted ones who've signed these mega deals which the Patriots wouldn't have gone for.

ummmm, dad, you should be made aware of the fact that DaBruinz can argue with the best of em. so be careful:D

so it looks like out of my original list, we've learned the following; boley will resign with the falcons. reeves could be a cheap project. i still think haggans could provide depth at a reasonable price.

ummmm, dad, you should be made aware of the fact that DaBruinz can argue with the best of em. so be careful:D

so it looks like out of my original list, we've learned the following; boley will resign with the falcons. reeves could be a cheap project. i still think haggans could provide depth at a reasonable price.

I'm glad to hear he may (sic?) be a worthy opponent. I'll reserve judgement and be effective myself in the future.

It does appear that he seems unwilling to accept any response as reasonable where he continues to question my knowledge of Vrabel. I suppose I should have mentioned I was aware Vrabel was a 3rd round draft pick of the Steelers but I doubt that would have swayed him either.

I'll make sure to read his future missives more closely.

His moniker indicates he may be a hockey fan that would bring his knowledge into question right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes