PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What about Tank Williams?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Big, young, fast safety that would infuse some youth in the Pats secondary. Heard that he plays the run very well. I really hope that Pats go after him. Suprised we haven't heard many teams intrested in him. :rolleyes:

Several people including myself, have expressed intrest in him, but so far we have'nt heard anything about his status. Have to wait and see.
Could be a good pickup for us.

I guess it depends how they feel about Sanders and Scott. Williams is that kind of "in the box" Safety and I'd be quite happy signing him . . . but it would be a waste if they think S & S are going to be able to contribute soon.

When healthy, he is a big-rangy safety with better speed than people realize. However, he did just return from a major injury last year.

Williams suffered an ACL injury in November of '04 and didn't seem to have the same range last year. His coverage was a liability for Tennessee last year, and that likely has really hurt his value.

However, he is less than 18-months removed from the surgery and is only 26, so he may still be worth a look. His situation just means teams are going to wait until their immediate needs are addressed before looking at him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back