PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What about LeRoy Hill? [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada's #1 Pats Fan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
The Seahawks removed the franchise tag off of Leroy Hill today after drafting A. Curry. Hill is now a free agent.

Re: What about Leroy Hill?

238 lbs. A little on the small side for BB's system.

Isn't Mayo 242 lbs?

I want to say that LeRoy Hill lost out on a grip of guaranteed money, but his agent wins when he signs a free agent contract. Stupid move from my POV.

Good job by the Seahawks considering the pick of Curry didn't make sense with Hill being on the team. Unfortunately I didn't do my homework and thought Hill had signed his franchise tag contract... but it all comes together.

As far as the Pats having interest, I can't see it for the obvious and stated reason of his size. On top of that, he hasn't had much experience in the 3-4 defense, college or otherwise. Some team will get a great value at SLB.

Isn't Mayo 242 lbs?
Yeah, but he plays inside. Hill's an OLB, and the Pats' outside guys are ideally in that upper 250s or 260+ range (see McGinest, Vrabel, Thomas et al.)

Where did you see that the Seahawks removed the tag? My understand was that they took Curry to replace Peterson... Not to let Hill go.

Where did you see that the Seahawks removed the tag? My understand was that they took Curry to replace Peterson... Not to let Hill go.
It's on RealGM.com and Rotoworld (quoting Mike Lombardi).

It's on RealGM.com and Rotoworld (quoting Mike Lombardi).

But not on ESPN or NFL.COM or Sportsline.com.

Color me doubtful until they announce it there.

This is what RotoWorld says :

"NFL Network's Mike Lombardi reports that the Seahawks have taken the franchise tag off LB LeRoy Hill, making him a free agent."

That's at least as reliable as ESPN.

"NFL Network's Mike Lombardi reports that the Seahawks have taken the franchise tag off LB LeRoy Hill, making him a free agent."

This is the same Mike Lombardi who said months ago that the Pats getting Peppers was a done deal. The same guy who has been wrong about most other things when dealing with the Patriots.

Again. Its rumor and conjecture until NFL.com or ESPN has it. And I say that because NFL.COM has articles on it that were posted about an hour ago.. So its not like they aren't updating.

They announced it on NFL Network post draft.

Lombardi is not having a good weekend though. His report that Cassel has a deal done was debunked by Cassel himself. Granted ESPN backs up his story about Hill.

I have a feeling that they may have a hard time reaching an agreement, LeRoy Hill may want too much--and may not be worth it.

Seahawks have taken the franchise tag off LB LeRoy Hill

NFL Network's Mike Lombardi reports that the Seahawks have taken the franchise tag off LB LeRoy Hill, making him a free agent.

Should we take a look see?

Re: Seahawks have taken the franchise tag off LB LeRoy Hill

I am pretty sure he was offered a 6 year 36 mil deal from the hawks a few weeks back and he turned it down, he wants way too much money.

Re: Seahawks have taken the franchise tag off LB LeRoy Hill

I'm definitely cognizant that a lot more goes into evaluating a player, but I just peeped his career statistics and they didn't blow me away or even slightly make me pause to consider him. To those who have actually seen him play, what would he be bringing to the table? Does it match his asking price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes