PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What about Josh Brown as kicker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Is it worth signing restricted free agent kicker Josh Brown of the Seahawks. I know the Seahawks would probably match the Pats offer but if they didn't it would only cost a 7th round pick. His stats are good, makes 80 percent of his kicks. Thoughts.

He's the best choice, for sure, but we'd have to wait 15 days, I think that's it, for Seattle to decide about matching which would likely leave us in a hole with regard to other kickers likely being off the board if Seattle did match.

Right now I'd rather go with Edinger. Most likely Seahawks would match
the offer. But as time goes by it maybe the only decent alternative left.

well

anyone know what the hawks cap situation is like? They have been spending so i don't know if they would have the cap room to match a decent offer. He is def my first choice to replace AV, but I'm not opposed to drafting a kicker!

I seem to recall Brown having a real leg on him -- he was 5-8 from 50+ yards out last year.

That could make a difference for the Pats when up against the top teams like the Steelers and Chargers.

For a 7th rounder, I can't see why you wouldn't at least try?

The Seahawks have said that they would match any offer for Brown. I don't have a link, but I am 99% sure I read it on ESPN from either Clayton or Pasq. He'd definitely be the best option, but I don't think there is anyway we could convince them not to match, unless we have a much higher pick than the proposed 7th rounder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back