PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What about Jeff Faine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dryheat44

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
With the Browns signing LaCharles, they've given Faine permission to seek a trade. Could he play guard for us, and should Belichick flip a day two draft pick to Cleveland for him?

I vote yes on both counts.

Can he kick field goals???;)

Why???

dryheat44 said:
With the Browns signing LaCharles, they've given Faine permission to seek a trade. Could he play guard for us, and should Belichick flip a day two draft pick to Cleveland for him?

Why??

Consider, Neal and Ashworth may go, but the Pats have added Ross Tucker, a hard-nosed part time swing starter a la` Russ Hochstein; and have Hochstein, Yates, Mruczkowski and maybe Britt to replace either one or both should we lose them.

Even if we lose one we will still at minimum be starting a line composed entirely of multi-time Super bowl winners. Worst case Light, Mankins, Koppen, Hochstein and Gorin.

AzPatsFan said:
Why??

Consider, Neal and Ashworth may go, but the Pats have added Ross Tucker, a hard-nosed part time swing starter a la` Russ Hochstein; and have Hochstein, Yates, Mruczkowski and maybe Britt to replace either one or both should we lose them.

Even if we lose one we will still at minimum be starting a line composed entirely of multi-time Super bowl winners. Worst case Light, Mankins, Koppen, Hochstein and Gorin.

And that's not a very good scenario. Me, Tom, Corey, and Kevin much prefer Light, Mankins, Koppen, Faine, Kaczur.

I like Neal, but it seems he's visiting every team in the league. I'd rather keep Hochstein as a 3-position backup than a starter. Ditto Gorin. And don't forget Koppen is FA next year.

dryheat44 said:

Reason why Cleveland is looking to move him is because they want Bently to play center and Faine is to small, in their eyes, to play guard. He has never lived up to the hype.. I rather have koppen and set my eyes on another player..

mcsully said:
Reason why Cleveland is looking to move him is because they want Bently to play center and Faine is to small, in their eyes, to play guard. He has never lived up to the hype.. I rather have koppen and set my eyes on another player..

Ah. I guess he is 10-15 lbs lighter than the Patriot guard contingent also. Oh well.

dryheat44 said:
Ah. I guess he is 10-15 lbs lighter than the Patriot guard contingent also. Oh well.

Pats are one thing, Browns are another.. But my feeling is Pats won't go that direction :)

In his 4th year and probably near the end of his contract.

Would have to get him to extend his contract. We have wasted

draft picks on Andre Davis and Duane Starks to get quick fixes.

Jimke said:
In his 4th year and probably near the end of his contract.

Would have to get him to extend his contract. We have wasted

draft picks on Andre Davis and Duane Starks to get quick fixes.
Actually he probably signed a 6 or 7 year deal (have to look up) and rookie contracts towards the end of the deal are GREAT bargains..

This guy was nasty in college. I still think he has a lot of potential to be a very good lineman. I would definitely trade a 4th or a 5th rounder for him.

I've heard he has a chronicly bad shoulder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back