Welcome to PatsFans.com

What About Chad ? Jets interested in Cutler ?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by BelichickFan, Jan 27, 2006.

1. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +706 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey

Oh no, no more Pennington ? :p

http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/113834051934650.xml&coll=1

"In an apparent philosophical shift, the Jets are seriously considering drafting Vanderbilt quarterback Jay Cutler in the first round of the April draft should they trade down from the fourth pick overall, according to someone with knowledge of the team's thinking."

Even if this doesn't work out I guess it shows how they feel about Chad now.

2. T-ShirtDynasty

T-ShirtDynasty Moderator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

"according to someone with knowledge of the team's thinking"

Calssic.

3. jeffd

jeffd On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If bush is still around at 4 the Jets take him. If not and Leinhart or Young are around I'll bet they'll go with him. Even if they believe in Chad's ability they need someone who can be on the field.

4. stinkypete

stinkypete In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

Cutler won't go to New York unless they take him at #4 overall. By that time, Leinart, Bush and Young will be gone. The nest wave of prospects will be Furgeson, Hawk, Williams, etc. I don't see anyone willing to pay the price to move to #4 to get any of these guys, especially in a draft loaded with stud tackles and pass rushers.