PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What about Chad Jackson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't he pull the hamstring in a team exercise, like someone said "all rookies sprint 50 yards NOW" kind of thing? Seems to me I remember something like that.
There was some talk of that. To my knowledge it wasn't verified but I think that's what Jackson was said to have told someone.

Even without Jackson, we have a solid (great) wide receiver corps:
Moss, Gaffney, Welker, Washington and Aiken.

Gaffney had replaced Stallworth in the stretch run. We shouldn't expect many receptions from the #4 receiver. The #5 (and #6) should be almost exclusively a special teamer. We don't know if Washington could be a reasonable receiver if made necessary by an injury to one of the top three.

So, it seems that we should sign or draft a backup to compete with Washington for the #4 spot, and ultimately with Aiken for a roster spot (although Aiken could beat out a safety for the last ST spot).

IN STEPS CHAD JACKSON
At minimum, Chad Jackson should be able to push Washington for reps as the #4 receiver. If not, he is an emergency #5 or #6 wideout. At best, he will push Gaffney for the #2 spot, this year or next (his contract year). At best, he also could take reps as a returner. The cost of this insurance is LESS than nothing, since it would cost us $370K to cut him, rather than there being any cap savings. Chad Jackson provides value for his cap amount, and is a bargain for a bottom of the roster player.

I hope CJ really steps up this year and shows us all why we jumped up to get him. He has tons of potential... Show us what you got Chad!:rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes