PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What about Chad Jackson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

F0nSY

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Will he be in the team next year?

Unless the pats want to lose 370k in cap space to cut him then yes he will be on the roster next year.

Aiken is nothing more than a Special Teams member.

I highly doubt that the Pats would release a high, second round pick after he has been plagued with injuries not having a chance to show what he can do..

I highly doubt that the Pats would release a high, second round pick after he has been plagued with injuries not having a chance to show what he can do..

Correct. That would make NO sense at all. The guy's got ability. We have NO IDEA how he would have done this year had he not missed most of the season while recovering from ACL surgery. He never had the chance to break into the rotation because the WR rotation was 4 deep with quality players, none of whom missed a game.

He'll be fine.

Bethel Johnson Mk2

You hang onto him and you bring him into training camp but this being his third year he will probably have to win his spot on the roster. I hope he can show us something because we all saw big things in him when he was drafted.

What about him?

This will be interesting as he will need to show something to get a spot high up on the roster...this is HIS year..

You hang onto him and you bring him into training camp but this being his third year he will probably have to win his spot on the roster. I hope he can show us something because we all saw big things in him when he was drafted.

Sure would be nice to see him fit in. I recall reading that it took him a couple of years to get it going in college - plus he has been injured a few times already.

I am not ready to give up on him - They did draft him in high up in the second round and had traded up to get him.

Looks like Jackson and Washington round out the receiver corps this year.

Actually, Chad's on year 2 recovery from ACL surgery, so he should be rairing to go.

With his athleticism, I wouldn't be surprised if he works himself into #2 receiver, but I'd bet on gaffney with chad running back kicks and getting some opportunities.

In other words, if he's healthy and can't crack the lineup this year......

Will he be in the team next year?

It is up to him, I expect the Pats to draft a WR in rounds 3+. Some spots are locks Moss, Welker. Others are near certainties (Gaffney, Washington). The last 1-2 spots are wide open.

His draft position kept him on the team last year. This year he has to clearly out-perform the other contenders, no free passes anymore. Potential doesn't pay the bulldog.

Since we are in the speculation business I will say he is 60/40 to make the team. If the Patriots draft a WR in rounds 3-4 then this drops to 50/50.

Personally I think he is more physically gifted than Stallworth, Jackson is a big kid and fast. If he can emerge as a credible #4 receiver this offense will be in the 500+ points range again.

It is up to him, I expect the Pats to draft a WR in rounds 3+. Some spots are locks Moss, Welker. Others are near certainties (Gaffney, Washington). The last 1-2 spots are wide open.

His draft position kept him on the team last year. This year he has to clearly out-perform the other contenders, no free passes anymore. Potential doesn't pay the bulldog.

Since we are in the speculation business I will say he is 60/40 to make the team. If the Patriots draft a WR in rounds 3-4 then this drops to 50/50.

Personally I think he is more physically gifted than Stallworth, Jackson is a big kid and fast. If he can emerge as a credible #4 receiver this offense will be in the 500+ points range again.

if the pats draft a WR in ANY round, i will be extremely pissed

spend em wisely, spend em on CB's and LB's

wr we are set at...

Moss
Welker
Gaffney
Jackson
Kelley
the STer Aiken something

unless we are faced with an injury, we are set....we wont at any point use more then 4 wr on the field anyways...

btw, the depth was the same last year, except instead of Donte this year we have jackson.....(since jackson was invisible last year)

Bethel Johnson Mk2

I agree with that statement, but the funny thing about Bethel is he actually contributed really well as a returner. Where Jackson has done squat. I kept hoping, but once I heard he has maturity issues like Bethel I have given up hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes